British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

1 minute ago, WorkyWorky said:

He could be just giving himself a couple of chances maybe! 

As for Ty, he needs to reach 7.00 to get his visa for next year as far as we are all aware! I’m sure there’s some way he can manage to work it out! 

Hey maybe one of us might have to marry him to get a visa :wink::wink: hands up....THJ?! 

It's 7 for the CL and 6.25 for the PL, which he's above. They shouldn't even have to break a rule for him...

If not then he's got the NSW, Queensland, SA & WA Championships plus the nationals. If all else fails he can pop over to NZ and win that one.

40 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

So sorry for any that travelled any distance, particularly the away supporters such as falconhammer.

Just got home myself. That's another reason for the Comets to move to Carlisle - its a far better climate, dry as a bone here (and warm):wink:

Aye ok ................. same in my house marra.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

It's 7 for the CL and 6.25 for the PL, which he's above. They shouldn't even have to break a rule for him...

If not then he's got the NSW, Queensland, SA & WA Championships plus the nationals. If all else fails he can pop over to NZ and win that one.

yep, easy peasy......could do it all with one hand eh...

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I have to feel for my mate 'falconhammer,' who drove all the way up there from Hertfordshire. To suffer a rain off that far from home is a killer.

We went to Exeter for a pizza once. :shock:

I'm afraid it's the chance you take (at any time of the year, but particularly in October).

• Like 1

Flippin British weather.......sat there watching it pour for almost an hour.....bet it's stopped now we are home....still maybe the night off might help comfort some Comets bumps and bruises??

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I'm afraid it's the chance you take (at any time of the year, but particularly in October).

bet it was cold when you got yam marra

14 minutes ago, singy13 said:

bet it was cold when you got yam marra

It had pi**ed down while were eating it in The Waterfront.  We had dropped Bjarne Pedersen (he was doubling down for Newcastle at the time) off at 5.30pm in glorious sunshine, for a British League fixture between the Falcons and Poole, but when we left the pizza restaurant at about 7pm it had hammered down!

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It had pi**ed down while were eating it in The Waterfront.  We had dropped Bjarne Pedersen (he was doubling down for Newcastle at the time) off at 5.30pm in glorious sunshine, for a British League fixture between the Falcons and Poole, but when we left the pizza restaurant at about 7pm it had hammered down!

Went to Exeter to see Stoney and co. get hammered.....had not bad KFC bucket after it tho......actually wish it had rained prior to meeting lol.

30 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Unfortunately that’s speedway, only reason we’ve been Cardiff more than once is the roof.  Shame the NSS at Belle Vue doesn’t have one. 

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Went to Exeter to see Stoney and co. get hammered.....had not bad KFC bucket after it tho......actually wish it had rained prior to meeting lol.

So did Stoney !:rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

So did Stoney !:rolleyes:

A Comets meeting at Exeter was once live on Radio Cumbria, Stoney did pretty good considering he thought the best way to improve it was to blow it up. Can’t remember  exactly what the meeting was but if two legged I’d guess Comets got through. Exeter, another of the tracks gone. Never went but did go Long Eaton years ago.

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

You really look like pizza would do you the world of good. :rofl:

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I have to feel for my mate 'falconhammer,' who drove all the way up there from Hertfordshire. To suffer a rain off that far from home is a killer.

Cheers Tony, didn’t even get to see 2 heats this time - Should get up for the playoff final though, 3rd time lucky 

• Like 2