British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

Once whilst staying in weymouth hired a car late in day to go exeter got their ok came out of stadium could not remember where car was parked nor what make it was just knew it was red was  left to walk streets hitting the zapper until a red car door opened , sat in granstand couldnt see all of the track it waa that steep so went on back straight watched a woman put the kids to bed houses were that close to track .plus once i caught a train their on a monday in sept jumped in a taxi to go stadium driver was a fan and told me there not racing tonight lol hadnt checked the star fixtures , happy days .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Once whilst staying in weymouth hired a car late in day to go exeter got their ok came out of stadium could not remember where car was parked nor what make it was just knew it was red was  left to walk streets hitting the zapper until a red car door opened , sat in granstand couldnt see all of the track it waa that steep so went on back straight watched a woman put the kids to bed houses were that close to track .plus once i caught a train their on a monday in sept jumped in a taxi to go stadium driver was a fan and told me there not racing tonight lol hadnt checked the star fixtures , happy days .

was that all in the day when driving under the influence was more tolerable, or just a sieve-like memory ? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

was that all in the day when driving under the influence was more tolerable, or just a sieve-like memory ? ;)

After a long day with the old dears on the big red bus enough to drive anyone to drink lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Voice Of Reason said:

You really look like pizza would do you the world of good. :rofl:

Occasional treat back then (2003) and a very rare occasional treat now (although I cant remember the last time I had a pizza, but probably a good two years ago). But thanks for the observation :P

Mason Compton flying home this week apparently. Hope he can get a change in flight and stay for the finals. 

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Mason Compton flying home this week apparently. Hope he can get a change in flight and stay for the finals. 

Going by his latest post on Instagram, looks like he will be staying now

Edited by Marksman

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Going by his latest post on Instagram, looks like he will be staying now

For those that dont have "InstaGRAN"....can you repost exactly what he says there please ? 

also if anyone sees a post on facebook/twiter or otherwise regarding rearranged date please post for the others who are not on such websites

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

For those that dont have "InstaGRAN"....can you repost exactly what he says there please ? 

“Hard choices, hopefully everything goes to plan” :t:

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Any news on the replay date, it was said to be Monday night?

I believe Workington will release the re-scheduled dates in the next couple of hours.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Yes just seen that.

Not on tomorrow which was suggested as a maybe last night, date to follow. 

Edited by comet49

Think we might need to wait a little longer for fixture news with what is currently happening at lakeside.if they can't get the lights back on that's another fixture that will have to be took into consideration this week.

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Think we might need to wait a little longer for fixture news with what is currently happening at lakeside.if they can't get the lights back on that's another fixture that will have to be took into consideration this week.

Common sense would say the result tonight will stand.  But this is speedway so anything is possible.

• Like 1