British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

The first meeting in this double header versus Lakeside is the second leg of the Championship Shield trophy cup medal medallion locket, so by Friday night we will know what sort of lead (?) the Hammers have to bring to Derwent Park. 

The second meeting is a League fixture the abandoned one from a few weeks ago but one we must complete , if nothing else but to prove the professionalism of the sport.

Such a shame the last meetings that are vital for the Comets are all finals and are squeezed into a few days in October when really the League fixtures should have been completed by August , leaving September and worst case scenario October free for the finals.

Hope Rasmus is fit and well for the last weeks of the season, rider of the year for the Comets.

Good luck Worky.:)

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 1

At this stage of the season the second match seems a bit pointless ,,just my opinion......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, waco said:

At this stage of the season the second match seems a bit pointless ,,just my opinion......

Maybe pointless but has to be completed.

I wouldn't be shocked if the meaningless league fixture gets used for manipulation of rider averages with next year in mind. Let's just hope both sides get through the match injury free.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the meaningless league fixture gets used for manipulation of rider averages with next year in mind. Let's just hope both sides get through the match injury free.

its going to be odd watching every rider wanting/trying to be 3rd or 4th .estimating 4 lap races to be around 74/90 seconds . lol.

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

its going to be odd watching every rider wanting/trying to be 3rd or 4th .estimating 4 lap races to be around 74/90 seconds . lol.

Be like those SWC races when trying to get the joker / stop the joker use

44 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Neither would I !

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

There will be one who is desperate to finish first in all of his rides though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neila said:

Just one ? :)

i wonder who that is then ?

1 hour ago, jenga said:

All except Ty who needs close to a maximum to get above 7 and not have visa issues. 

2 hours ago, waco said:

theres no such thing as a pointless meeting 

there all there to be rode and they should race to entertain the paying fans 

13 hours ago, topaz325 said:

The first meeting in this double header versus Lakeside is the second leg of the Championship final, so by Friday night we will know what sort of lead (?) the Hammers have to bring to Derwent Park. 

The second meeting is a League fixture the abandoned one from a few weeks ago but one we must complete , if nothing else but to prove the professionalism of the sport.

Such a shame the last meetings that are vital for the Comets are all finals and are squeezed into a few days in October when really the League fixtures should have been completed by August , leaving September and worst case scenario October free for the finals.

Hope Rasmus is fit and well for the last weeks of the season, rider of the year for the Comets.

Good luck Worky.:)

It`s not the Championship final- it`s the Championship SHIELD final 2nd leg- if you have a good memory that`s the competition that started off the season !!!!!

Scoring zero in speedway is really easy, look down at bike, pull onto centre green, walk bike back to pits at completion of race.

6 hours ago, marko said:

Scoring zero in speedway is really easy, look down at bike, pull onto centre green, walk bike back to pits at completion of race.

that's the hard way 

the easy way is ride 1st/2nd bend slow down and ride round to part of track where pits gate is and wait till end of race ride into pits with engine still running 

that way you don't have to walk

• Haha 1