British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

This is the problem.

When rules are stuck to rigidly, people complain 'there is no room for common sense'.

However when there is a hint that some common sense may be shown people say 'what is the point of having a rule book'

I am sure it is the same people each time complaining each time, and just like to whinge and have a pop at all and sundry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Another couple of heats the result would have stood, P’boro couldn’t have caught up. This late in the season, time running out...”in the interests of speedway” P’boro should magnanimously accept the result. 

It would clearly help Lakeside if they ( Boro) did accept defeat as 'ammers only have use of Rye House this coming weekend....if a replay is ordered where does that leave Comets room to stage the washed out Shield double header and Play off final home and away.... it's still going be an headache whatever the SCB decide...?... Cue Totally honest John...help....

BTW.........is there another sport that has you weather watching, and panicking at cloud formation, as much as Speedway does ?

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

It would clearly help Lakeside if they ( Boro) did accept defeat as 'ammers only have use of Rye House this coming weekend....if a replay is ordered where does that leave Comets room to stage the washed out Shield double header and Play off final home and away.... it's still going be an headache whatever the SCB decide...?... Cue Totally honest John...help....

BTW.........is there another sport that has you weather watching, and panicking at cloud formation, as much as Speedway does ?

Probably cricket?

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Probably cricket?

Oooops ...yes of course.....though they do often salvage some action via use of covers....hey now there's a thought ?????

Still no word on sgb website about sundays fun at rye nothing on comets about fixtures have taken days off others have moved work so i could go mon night and thur am thinking why bother this aint fun anymore !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, singy13 said:

Oooops ...yes of course.....though they do often salvage some action via use of covers....hey now there's a thought ?????

Steady on Singy13 there are a few too many (dare I say sensible) thoughts going on a present.

Do you think anyone has thought about us poor supporters today?

• Like 1

Just see replay on wed night for rye and boro at night !!! What a joke hope boro have the same team !

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Still no word on sgb website about sundays fun at rye nothing on comets about fixtures have taken days off others have moved work so i could go mon night and thur am thinking why bother this aint fun anymore !

The best laid plans of speedway fans and promoters...

The plan was (but is now right up in the air)

Thursday Scunny Cup (done deal)(yeah)

If Lakeside had won it was...

Lakeside away Saturday (po) Lakeside home Sunday (po) Lakeside home Monday double header (shield + league)

If Boro had won it was...

Boro home Saturday (po) Boro away Sunday (po) Lakeside home Monday double header (shield + league)

If Lakeside are now saying they only have one date available then there is a major impasse. This not only doesn't help Worky it shafts everyone. C'mon BSPA make a decision daddy wants to plan his weekend...

Regards

THJ

• Like 2

Was tonight an option for the restaging of Lakeside v Peterborough - The Final Chapter (Possibly), or was the announcement of tonight being a possibility for the restaging of our double header with Lakeside a non starter to start with.

Anyone know? ........................and when is it likely to be staged now?

1 minute ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Was tonight an option for the restaging of Lakeside v Peterborough - The Final Chapter (Possibly), or was the announcement of tonight being a possibility for the restaging of our double header with Lakeside a non starter to start with.

Anyone know? ........................and when is it likely to be staged now?

See previous and Lakeside couldn't do tonight due to rider unavailability.

Regards

THJ

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

See previous and Lakeside couldn't do tonight due to rider unavailability.

Regards

THJ

If the rider unavailability is down to the Olympique at Wolverhampton that in my opinion is a pathetic reason for not running tonight- the BSPA should have insisted that klindt and Lawson pull out of the individual meeting.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

If the rider unavailability is down to the Olympique at Wolverhampton that in my opinion is a pathetic reason for not running tonight- the BSPA should have insisted that klindt and Lawson pull out of the individual meeting.

No I was told the two reserves couldn't get out of work commitments. However it was IMO a bit unrealistic and unfair to ask Lakeside to trail back up tonight at such short notice.

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No I was told the two reserves couldn't get out of work commitments. However it was IMO a bit unrealistic and unfair to ask Lakeside to trail back up tonight at such short notice.

Regards 

THJ

Trail up ?.........if they were wanted in Poland/Sweden/Denmark et al they would be there pronto...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Trail up ?.........if they were wanted in Poland/Sweden/Denmark et al they would be there pronto...

I was meaning the whole ensemble not just the riders... fans (although few in number) et al... and let's be fair it would have been exceedingly short notice...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2