British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

Hopefully Lakeside can get it together tonight and give Worky a run for their money in the main match after all these riders need to earn some dosh from this long distance marathon....and recover the pride in actually being a very good team....Hope it's a good safe final meeting for all the riders.......And hopefully both sides can come to the tapes at the start of next season.......

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

What's the betting that the 2nd meeting gets abandoned after heat 10 citing "curfew"

Well curfew is 10pm, so there shouldn't be any fudging of the actual time. I thought it was going to be difficult even to get to 10 heats by 10pm with a 7:30pm start.

Now it's a 7pm I think they should, but still don't think they'll manage to get to 15.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 2

If Lakeside lose tonight I wonder if those two same riders will have to "go to the toilet" again and miss the whole ceremony.

• Haha 2

They will be hard pushed to complete the league match .but who cares pointless meeting and it could be a case of after you a gentle manly occasion...nudge nudge ,,wink wink,,,?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HAMMER180 said:

heard that some so called lakeside fans were giving them abuse so maybe they thought

sod it and not come out to hear it all again fair enough.

I`d say any Lakeside fan who made the considerable effort to get to Workington last night had every right to give their feelings to two of their team who, it seems, couldn't be bothered to go out and get their medal.

• Like 4

Anddddd that’s the treble in the bag!!!!!! :D 

what a team, what a season. 

Richard Lawson who are ya :party:

• Like 2

Absolutely brilliant Worky, you're the best thing that's happened to speedway for a long time :drink:

I sincerely hope that this will inspire the continued existence of the Comets.

Thanks guys for giving us all something still to support at the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

We now have ice speedway at Derwent park, track turning white as we watch !!

• Like 1

Meeting abandoned riders objecting to ice on the track ,,very original but then it was predictable..

1 minute ago, waco said:

Meeting abandoned riders objecting to ice on the track ,,very original but then it was predictable..

It was -2 when meeting was abandoned ice was forming on both bends and track was white !! So not  very original

1 hour ago, WorkyWorky said:

Anddddd that’s the treble in the bag!!!!!! :D 

what a team, what a season. 

Richard Lawson who are ya :party:

Is there some controversial history with Richard? i heard him getting quite a bit of stick from a couple of Comets fans.

Both clubs could be fined for failing to complete their fixtures or the bond that each club pays before the season could be forfeited.

1 minute ago, marko said:

Both clubs could be fined for failing to complete their fixtures or the bond that each club pays before the season could be forfeited.

That's a good way to finally kill off two teams who have tried their hardest to get this fixture done.
Just toss a coin - I don't think anyone cares and mark it complete.

• Like 3