British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

16 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

That's a good way to finally kill off two teams who have tried their hardest to get this fixture done.
Just toss a coin - I don't think anyone cares and mark it complete.

25th August this was first abandoned, utter shambles

• Like 3

Considering the original meeting was abandoned after the injury to Dan Bewley and the fixture chaos surely the BSPA can in the words of the Beatles, Let it Be. 

Edited by comet49

25 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Is there some controversial history with Richard? i heard him getting quite a bit of stick from a couple of Comets fans.

Very poor from many fans tonight , a rider who rode for the Comets for years, embarrassing.

• Like 2

im sure jim will have a say on this matter 

im pretty sure he had a say in calling meeting off other wise he would have put the 2 mins on 

Can't honestly believe that this meeting is still under consideration for another replay? :blink:

Call it a draw, 1pt each and have done with it, even the four heats tonight were so one sided a 60+ score was almost inevitable.... but for what purpose? :(

18 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Very poor from many fans tonight , a rider who rode for the Comets for years, embarrassing.

what was poor was Lawson giving the finger to Stefan nielsen after he came off end of race 

looked like stefan's throttle had jammed  and he laid it down to stop him taking both kyle and Richard out 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

what was poor was Lawson giving the finger to Stefan nielsen after he came off end of race 

looked like stefan's throttle had jammed  and he laid it down to stop him taking both kyle and Richard out 

Ahh I didn't see the finger. But yeah the stick Richard was getting was right after Stefan laid down - fair enough Richard deserved it then. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marko said:

Both clubs could be fined for failing to complete their fixtures or the bond that each club pays before the season could be forfeited.

On announcing the abandonement of the 2nd meeting, Dave Hoggart said that checks had been made with the SCB before doing so !!  So there will be NO FINE !

• Like 2

The outstanding Eastbourne v Mildenhall league match could have been run this week. No one from the old boys club seems to be insisting that it gets staged. So i can't see any restaging of the comets match.

4 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

On announcing the abandonement of the 2nd meeting, Dave Hoggart said that checks had been made with the SCB before doing so !!  So there will be NO FINE !

What he said was 

The cheeks couldn't be made at that time and would have to be clarified today 

• Like 1

Richard doesn't seem like the sort of person to go around throwing gestures, I think there is more to this than meets the eye and I also feel that maybe the vibe of the Hammers camp isn't anyway near as good as has been painted.