British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside Double header 29/10/18 19:00hrs

Richard Lawson  is one of the nicest guys in speedway....

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I wonder .........

what win bonus the Lakeside riders were offered if they won the p.off and shield ?  what win bonus the Workington riders collected ?

what members of the Lakeside promotion were present at Workington's Derwent Park?

• Like 1

Lawson has history at Workington. He hates going there.

Theres agro between him and his Dad. He missed the earlier meeting  in August as he was 'ill'. Got a right bollocking off Garry May as Lawson didnt realise he would miss further meetings  for Somerset as a result!  7 day ban for illness nowadays, I believe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I wonder .........

what members of the Lakeside promotion were present at Workington's Derwent Park?

Well from the pictures and video clips on (un)social media, I didn't see Jon Cooks' happy, smiling face, did you?  ;)

20 minutes ago, waco said:

Richard Lawson  is one of the nicest guys in speedway....

Sorry but 'nice guys' don't give the finger in those circumstances  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Congrats again to Worky, coincedentally Hull (another ex-Ian Thomas club) also won the treble in 2004, good for the Comets riders fans & management.  Not sure best place to comment so posted in both threads...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I wonder .........

what win bonus the Lakeside riders were offered if they won the p.off and shield ?  what win bonus the Workington riders collected ?

None its  north of watford and no bt cameras 

3 hours ago, BobC said:

Lawson has history at Workington. He hates going there.

Theres agro between him and his Dad. He missed the earlier meeting  in August as he was 'ill'. Got a right bollocking off Garry May as Lawson didnt realise he would miss further meetings  for Somerset as a result!  7 day ban for illness nowadays, I believe.

Steve is a gentleman have known him since our school days .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Sorry but 'nice guys' don't give the finger in those circumstances  :rolleyes: 

We all do things out of character at times 

Who actually presented the Championship Trophy to Workington, It’s normally the Chairman or Vice Chairman of the BSPA 

14 hours ago, marko said:

Richard doesn't seem like the sort of person to go around throwing gestures, I think there is more to this than meets the eye and I also feel that maybe the vibe of the Hammers camp isn't anyway near as good as has been painted.

https://www.facebook.com/429622857503690/photos/a.431159077350068/512450415887600/?type=3 

What a grand gesture aimed at the crowd rather than rider it seems.. :D

Edited by WorkyWorky
  • Like 2