British Speedway Forum
gregory peck

Worky v scunny koc leg 2

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Is that another   rule change to suit the purpose then.

It probably will, but I seem to remember Edinburgh V Newcastle in 2010 was drawn over 2 legs, and that was decided by Golden Heats(I think the first time they were used)

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, singy13 said:

RE THE FOUR OPTIONS OFFERED ON THE WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY WEBSITE.......

....following Saturdays washout I see the Comets Management have listed 4 ways of using our Double-header tickets........

Well I'm going to take... OPTION 5.....that is to pay for each meeting I attend and hope it helps keep the Comets afloat for a while longer. (yep silly old git eh)....

just read the offers and ive got to say that's a good offer as lots of different options 

they could have just said entry for any 1 of the remaining fixtures with no part refund

19 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Is that another   rule change to suit the purpose then.

The regs I believe state any aggregate tie goes to golden heats if taking place after a certain date (end of May??)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The regs I believe state any aggregate tie goes to golden heats if taking place after a certain date (end of May??)

There's no date restriction but there's no mention of golden heats in the CL Shield playoffs and the only NL competition that has them is the KO Cup.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, montie said:

That's no way to speak about your guest 

Thankfully , he’s never been a guest for us:approve:

1 hour ago, Lord Lucan said:

Should this tie end 54-36 to the Comets will it be Golden Hts or a rerun of both legs? :unsure:

Lets have a rerun.. Its the in thing 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, montie said:

Lets have a rerun.. Its the in thing 

Please Noooooooo!!!!! as much as I dislike Golden Heats (the Speedway version of a penalty shoot out) it gets the meeting out of the way; and ultimately gives a result;

Although thinking about it Worky do have Blank dates on the 30th and 31st of this month so it is doable!!! Tonight Scunny Friday off Saturday Lakeside at Rye Sunday Lakeside at DP Monday Lakeside DP double header Tuesday Scunny Cup re-play and Wednesday DP Cup re-play  all done and dusted before the 1st of November!!! Yeah!!!! Sold!!! Lets have a rerun. Its the in thing!!! Apparently!!!

Regards
THJ

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It probably will, but I seem to remember Edinburgh V Newcastle in 2010 was drawn over 1 legs, and that was decided by Golden Heats(I think the first time they were used)

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

11 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

There's no date restriction but there's no mention of golden heats in the CL Shield playoffs and the only NL competition that has them is the KO Cup.

Nearly Dave (but you got me thinking) Edinburgh V Newcastle in 2009 was the first time Golden Heats were used and it was in the first round of the play offs when the meeting ended up 93-93 after the second leg and Edinburgh won on the Second Golden Heat. They also beat Kings Lynn in the next round and went on to race against Belle Vue in a promotion relegation Play Off Which the Aces romped to a huge win (I was at all three meetings) however the Golden Heats went as follows 

SUDDEN DEATH HEAT 1
Line-up: Wethers, Fisher, Lemon, Bach 
Result: Wethers, Bach, Lemon, Fisher (F) (61.1)
A 3-3 from the start, with Wethers and Fisher behind Bach. Fisher slid off, whilst challenging but then Wethers pulled off a phenomenal pass on Bach on lap 3 to take us into Sudden Death 2.

SUDDEN DEATH HEAT 2
Line-up: Tully, Wolbert, Larsen, King 
Result: Wolbert, Tully, Larsen, King (61.0)
The roof is raised off the Dale, as Wolbert flies from the tapes, and Tully cuts underneath Larsen off bend 2 to join his partner and take the Monarchs through to the Play-Off Final...

Thanks to the Monachs Chatzone Archive for the above memories

On the Regs. and Date restrictions, I am not sure about either however Hoggy did state from the centre green at the 2nd leg of the Newcastle KO Cup tie  on 21st September at DP that if it did end up a draw that there should be a re-play however due to the late stage of the season and there not being time to fit in a two legged replay there would be Golden Heats to resolve the tie rather than a replay. So this might have been one of those "make it up as you go along rules and occasions" we keep on seeing on a regular basis. Or the two team managers may get the option to take the meeting to Golden Heats or a replay, who knows? (to be fair who cares?)

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Or the two team managers may get the option to take the meeting to Golden Heats or a replay, who knows? (to be fair who cares?)

Anyone (and that should be everyone) who believes that the rule book is there for a reason. Golden Heats is the only option .

13 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Anyone (and that should be everyone) who believes that the rule book is there for a reason. Golden Heats is the only option .

Certainly don't disagree, however the impression is that promotions only stick to the rule book when it suits them. All other sports have "rules" which are applied fairly and if there is a dispute the definitive outcome of the appeal or the compromise agreement reached is accepted but not in Speedway. It is a case of "I don't like that so I will sue" (or threaten legal action) and the body that runs the sport is so weak they just roll over (literally every time) which makes it look very amateurish in most peoples eyes but it will never change under the current structure

If they cannot stick to rules (or a rule book) why not strip them out and have a loose framework then no one can be accused of cheating.

Regards
THJ

Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Anybody got a local forecast for tonight please.

Rain not really forecast to come in until 22:00 hours so all systems go!!!

Today     Thu 25 Oct BST CA14 2XP 1 hr      3 hr
Hour Wind Avg.   Gust   Temp. Rain 1h     Cloud Press.
12:00

W 16 mph to 22 mph   12°C 0 mm

97 % 1021 mb
13:00

W 16 mph to 22 mph   12°C 0 mm

96 % 1020 mb
14:00

W 16 mph to 22 mph   12°C 0.1 mm

94 % 1020 mb
15:00

W 17 mph to 22 mph   12°C 0.1 mm

86 % 1019 mb
16:00

W 17 mph to 23 mph   11°C 0.1 mm

88 % 1018 mb
17:00

86 % 1017 mb
18:00

81 % 1017 mb
19:00

W 18 mph to 24 mph   11°C 0.1 mm

76 % 1016 mb
20:00

W 18 mph to 24 mph   11°C 0 mm

66 % 1015 mb
21:00

W 18 mph to 24 mph   10°C 0 mm

81 % 1015 mb
22:00

W 20 mph to 26 mph   10°C 0.2 mm

97 % 1014 mb
23:00

W 21 mph to 29 mph   10°C 0.6 mm

97 % 1013 mb

Regards
THJ

Sorry forgot to add that the weather forecast for Saturday said no rain either and it took two days for my boots to dry out so you can possibly take this with a pinch of salt, LOL. After all its not called the Lake District for nothing, they do tend to get a great deal of rain!!!

missed out key words
  • Like 1

Right that's it the half day is booked in with tomorrow and Monday off as well (Stuff Work) and I am heading West to watch this second leg match, Maryport for 15:00 hours and DP 16:00 hours to see if me old pal Steve "God" Lawson and Chris Redmain need a hand at the track. Oh and I will be sorting them out with a couple of "Flimby Pies" just to keep their strength up.

Looking forward to a big weekend of Speedway 

Up the Comets

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can only see commets in for a good ol fashion ass kicking overall , they lost it last week ,scorpians luck changed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

can only see commets in for a good ol fashion ass kicking overall , they lost it last week ,scorpians luck changed

remind us all again just who is your guest tonight (thursday) !