British Speedway Forum
gregory peck

Worky v scunny koc leg 2

Congratulations to Workington.. A fine display from them and deserved winners over the two legs

I'd always try and give credit to the winning team rather than pick fault with the loosing team but that was an inept performance from the Scunthorpe seven

But take nothing away from Workington.. A deserved victory indeed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Great result Workington, keep focussed and take the league title too. Ian Thomas would have loved this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well done comets looks like mr Godfrey did you a favour making you ride most of your fixtures towards the end of the season as it kept you race fit at the right time.Hope weather holds out so the play off final goes ahead 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I thought 18 was enough to win the tie ,but Workington are different gravy on there own muck .

congratulations go on and win the treble now from a wounded Scorpion

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The greatest comets ever 7.not forgetting young Dan who did his bit before his cruel accident,so proud for the little town of Workington and Cumbria in general, now let's do the other 2

• Like 4

Guest WTF1

Congratulations to Workington but what an absolute disgrace barring Jake Allen the Scorpions are or is it snails, thank you Jorgensen for being a great guest,  Worrall time to go along with Manzares ,Nielsen and don't get me started about Phillips, thankfully I didn't go to see this lame performance but for those that did this must have felt like a kick in the teeth. 

27 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Congratulations to Workington but what an absolute disgrace barring Jake Allen the Scorpions are or is it snails, thank you Jorgensen for being a great guest,  Worrall time to go along with Manzares ,Nielsen and don't get me started about Phillips, thankfully I didn't go to see this lame performance but for those that did this must have felt like a kick in the teeth. 

To be fair though I think the racing itself was a tad better than the scoreline indicates.....and it was nice to see so many fans on the popular side terracing...usually unpopular....Derwent Park is a good stadium to host this excellent sport and it will be sad to see the old place demolished...really

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

The greatest comets ever 7.not forgetting young Dan who did his bit before his cruel accident,so proud for the little town of Workington and Cumbria in general, now let's do the other 2

Yeah we've had real decent teams before for sure..however this magnificent 7 top the lot........roll on 2019..hoping

51 minutes ago, montie said:

Congratulations to Workington.. A fine display from them and deserved winners over the two legs

I'd always try and give credit to the winning team rather than pick fault with the loosing team but that was an inept performance from the Scunthorpe seven

But take nothing away from Workington.. A deserved victory indeed

Some close racing to be honest.........

So often the Cinderella club but finally worthy trophy winners and the town/supporters should be proud and now just need to deal with Lakeside to cap a fine season and make history for Workington speedway. You all deserve the success and in a season which has been dire run by an inept organisation, Workington is the one bright outcome of a crap 2018. Thank you to the promoters and fans. Enjoy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Nielsens heat 11 win got the nerves jangling mind...........

Biggest danger to the Comets tonight was when Klindt accidentally tipped Bewley out of his wheelchair at the presentation. :shock:

Fantastic performance from the comets, they fought damn hard for a lot of those early points. :cheers: And I didn't feel comfortable at all until you sadly lost one of your best riders in Garrity.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 4

Wow , another fantastic team performance, me I never was in doubt about the result:blink:

Another big crowd to, lets hope we can bring some more silverware back to DP.

• Like 1

and biggest surprise of the night 

walked in to see it on the news team photo and score line wow did we really win by that many on aggregate after being 18 down first leg

Scunthorpe were not poor tonight Workington were just at another level

Edited by scaramanga
  • Like 5