Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
gregory peck

Worky v scunny koc leg 2

Congrats to Worky (and my local pal Barry who might now break into a smile :P).

TBH after watching them dismantle my own team in the semi, I was not surprised that they would post another 60 plus score, albeit with a "weaker" team this time round. 

IMO it will be an upset if they now do not complete the treble.

BTW did they get the BSPA Vice Chairman to present the Cup ? :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Wow , another fantastic team performance, me I never was in doubt about the result:blink:

Another big crowd to, lets hope we can bring some more silverware back to DP.

Heats 10 and 11...... when they held it at 20 points ahead had myself and those sat near me twitching a bit..... especially with the dangerous Jake Allen prob being out in 3 more heats..yes good crowd tonight..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cyclone said:

TBH after watching them dismantle my own team in the semi, I was not surprised that they would post another 60 plus score, albeit with a "weaker" team this time round. 

that would have been the icing on the cake if he did present the trophy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyclone said:

No, the trophy was presented by Keith Denham of Thomas Armstrong, Comets club sponsor!! ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Another fantastic night , only downside was watching mr garrity in the pits hitting walls and swearing like a trooper at kids asking him if he was ok after his first race defeat the man appears high as a kite.hoggy was getting the crowd going am so pleased for laura more than anyone she deserves this night and many more like it 

He makes Niki Pedersen seem angelic..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't think anything is going to take the gloss off tonight Singy, absolutely outstanding performance tonight from one and all!! :t:

I thought before the meeting that if that 18pts is wiped out before ht 10 it was all over for Scunny and so it proved?

As has been said already, Scunthorpe weren't bad we were just too good!! ;)

• Like 5

Another great performance from the mighty comets. 

Rasmus an mason take a bow, absolutely awsome over the two meetings. 

Nicolai klindt showed his class tonight, when it matters he can really turn it on. 

After being at scunny on Sunday it made it all more enjoyable for me watching gino manzares being brought back down to earth, where was the smug up his own self rider at tonight? 

• Like 3

Wow, just wow, how much did they all want that.

Great to see Ty and Dan there too and joining in the celebrations. Having them there must have given the rest of the team that little bit extra incentive to do it for them.

Hopefully Nicolai hasn't put Dan's recovery back by tipping him out of his wheelchair!

Nobody should be too hard on the Scorpions, they all rode hard and fast and I for one did not start to relax until heats 12 and 13. Just that the Comets were too good on the night.

Jake Allen has to be first on the Scorpions team sheet next season, when hopefully they have an injury free year.

Hopefully we go easy on the celebrations tonight. Now bring on Lakeside.

Edited by Carlislecomet2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Great night, great racing and chuffed for Laura, she deserves this and more. Good luck to Scunny next season..

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I do find it fitting that Keith Denham presented the trophy tonight. For a man who put countless time and even more money into the club, he does deserve some recognition even after a few controversial decisions in his time. Raising one to the whole of Workington Speedway as well as someone who couldn't be there to witness such a special moment, Mr Ian Thomas. Wish you luck in your other 2 Finals against the Lakeside Hammers. Should be a cracking 3 legs and hoping the crowds will be similar if not higher!

I will post my full review of the meeting sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Shaggy
  • Like 2