British Speedway Forum
gregory peck

Worky v scunny koc leg 2

Guest WTF1
2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Credit should be given to the Vice Chairman for his actions last night...

By heat eight the aggregate lead had been wiped out and it was obvious Scunthorpe were going to get badly beaten....

Yet he graciously allowed the meeting to continue....

In fact, in the first place, he also kindly allowed the meeting to take place on an 'off night' for Worky so fair play to the bloke...

Lets hope Worky winning is seen as being 'in the interests of Speedway' and the result stands...

;):rolleyes::D

Well done Workington, I think you have a lot of neutrals on your side around the country given the way you try to go about your business and have been treated this year...

Best of Luck this weekend...

Grow up

Get innnnn! First one in the bag! 

What a great time to be a mighty comets fan, it seems comebacks are our forte at Derwent Park eating teams alive :D

Commiserations to Scunthorpe, your riders did really give it a good try last night and were gracious in defeat! Best wishes to Jason Garrity who got caught in sort of a domino effect crash. I think he was the one that could’ve clinched it for you guys :t:

Onwards to Rye house, I mean Lakeside on Saturday, best pack those head torches :lol: 

Woohoo #backthemarras #webelieve  :drink:

Edited by WorkyWorky
  • Like 2

A remarkable performance by Workington to overcome the 18 point deficit and then to go on to win on aggregate by 16. Congratulations and hopefully you will end the season with three trophies. It's good to see one of the clubs that work so hard to survive season to season enjoy some deserved success. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

As a huge Scorpion fan and I was present at this meeting, I have to say the Best Team Won,  so Well Done Workington and good luck,  I hope you go on to win  the other finals. It was my first visit to your track and a good track it is!  Hard luck Scorpions and it hurts to say " This was not our night " It so rightly belongs to Workington. I hope Jason is not badly injured, get well soon. 

• Like 4

Well done Workington !! Great to see success for a North West team and hope this achievement is properly recognised both in the media and the area generally.

• Like 2

WOW !!!! What an amazing night to be a Comets Supporter, it has to be the best night I have had in my 10years going to Speedway :) The lads wanted it so much and from the get go gave 110% to get us the win. The 18 points wiped out by heat 8 , I knew we had what it takes to get the win . To see Laura, Jacko and Steve's faces after heat 14 was truly amazing, finally something for them smile about after everything they have done for Workington Speedway .

Commiserations to Scunthorpe your guys put up a good fight and were really gracious in defeat  :t: , we were just too strong on the night

Unbelievable result !! but its time to start believing as we now enter another 2 finals , you can do this boys I know you can and we right behind you starting tomorrow with that long trip to Rye House

#believe #mightycomets

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A good write up in the News and Star and I think Radio Cumbria mentioned live commentary for Lakeside, though I missed which of the 3 meetings!

Well done Worky, thoroughly deserved... too strong for us Scorpions last night.  Hope you win all your finals.

15 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Congratulations to Workington but what an absolute disgrace barring Jake Allen the Scorpions are or is it snails, thank you Jorgensen for being a great guest,  Worrall time to go along with Manzares ,Nielsen and don't get me started about Phillips, thankfully I didn't go to see this lame performance but for those that did this must have felt like a kick in the teeth. 

Have you ever been to Derwent Park as it is a different kettle of fish to ride compared to the EWR!

14 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Another fantastic night , only downside was watching mr garrity in the pits hitting walls and swearing like a trooper at kids asking him if he was ok after his first race defeat the man appears high as a kite.hoggy was getting the crowd going am so pleased for laura more than anyone she deserves this night and many more like it 

How do you think he should react after thinking he got 2nd only for the referee to award it to Jensen. He is a passionate guy & we all show our passion in one way or another.

The referee did not see the cutting of the corner with 2 wheels over the white line at bend 2 in an earlier heat by one of your riders. Even the line used was evident throughout out the meeting although there was some close calls by other riders later.

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

How do you think he should react after thinking he got 2nd only for the referee to award it to Jensen. He is a passionate guy & we all show our passion in one way or another.

The referee did not see the cutting of the corner with 2 wheels over the white line at bend 2 in an earlier heat by one of your riders. Even the line used was evident throughout out the meeting although there was some close calls by other riders later.

We saw that too to be fair, and not from only one of the riders, the centre green becomes part of the track at times but that’s up to the referee to stop it :rolleyes:

Missed a lot of this season,but came last night and was well impressed with the boys,the best racing i have seen.pure determination for the win   

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The referee did not see the cutting of the corner with 2 wheels over the white line at bend 2 in an earlier heat by one of your riders. Even the line used was evident throughout out the I actually meeting although there was some close calls by other riders later.

I actually had my prog filled in 5.1 to Scunthorpe. Was stood close to first bend....I'm waiting to see it on DVD not that it would make any difference to the score. But  I think Jason was robbed  of his 2+1 pts in that race. I can Imagine Jason being v ery upset about this.

• Like 1