British Speedway Forum
gregory peck

Worky v scunny koc leg 2

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

How do you think he should react after thinking he got 2nd only for the referee to award it to Jensen. He is a passionate guy & we all show our passion in one way or another.

The referee did not see the cutting of the corner with 2 wheels over the white line at bend 2 in an earlier heat by one of your riders. Even the line used was evident throughout out the meeting although there was some close calls by other riders later.

The lad  comes across as being on something and its not the first time its been  noticed  their is passion but hitting walls kicking out at the toilet and swearing at kids is not passion didnt see anyone else do it!mr godfrey got a mouthfull as well just lifted his arms in despair and walked away .and for what its worth i thought rasmas got second place 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The lad  comes across as being on something and its not the first time its been  noticed  their is passion but hitting walls kicking out at the toilet and swearing at kids is not passion didnt see anyone else do it!mr godfrey got a mouthfull as well just lifted his arms in despair and walked away .and for what its worth i thought rasmas got second place 

last time i actually sen a rider punch a wall was in a televised meeting . that rider was josh bates @ scunny . make up your own  mind from that .

jason was dancing around like a puppet on strings at one point on the entrance to the pits . its not normal and it needs sorted in house .

F.W.I.W . we though jason had got 2nd , but then again we were on the apex of bends 1 and 2 . .. 

but the refs in charge at all times  .

all hail the super 6 point men . . thats how you build a team . 

Josh Bates punched the wall at Leicester during the televised meeting against Eastbourne in 2014 after being excluded when Lahti had wiped him out down the back straight.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 2

Puk used to do it regularly if frustrated during his season at Wolves.

As for the Rasmus/Jason tight finish, being on bend one I immediately looked to the grandstand where the majority of fans were on their feet cheering so clearly thought that Rasmus had edged it.

A brilliant night and commiserations to Scunthorpe, whose riders battled to the end and whose supporters likewise cheered them on beyond the point when the result looked inevitable.

Hope Jason isn't too badly hurt -- it looked a heavy tumble -- and good to chat with Lucifer Sam.

Onward to Rye House!

• Like 1

Hi. Does any Workington fan possibly have a programme cover scan they could email me of the KOC Final? Thanks.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

jason was dancing around like a puppet on strings at one point on the entrance to the pits . its not normal and it needs sorted in house .

There are many who think you need sorting out in a house... A nut house at that;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, montie said:

There are many who think you need sorting out in a house... A nut house at that;)

Aaaw don't be like that he's handy if ya want ya windows cĺeaned... takes a while mind when all he does is lick them... but he gets there in the end bless him. 

Regards

THJ

• Like 1

As for the Rasmus/Jason tight finish, being on bend one I immediately looked to the grandstand where the majority of fans were on their feet cheering so clearly thought that Rasmus had edged it.

I sit opposite the the tapes in the stand and Rasmus got it  by about half to a full wheel in the end  but with him being on the inside it would be difficult to see from the opposite bsck straight stand and even harder from bends 1 and 2 although I still wasn't brave enough to fill in my programme until Hoggy announced the result.... lol

Regards 

THJ 

33 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aaaw don't be like that he's handy if ya want ya windows cĺeaned... takes a while mind when all he does is lick them... but he gets there in the end bless him. 

Regards

THJ

yer getting mixed up with the other job i do  , i am a pro window licker for stagecoach . seen you on the back seat many a time  !

1 minute ago, jenga said:

yer getting mixed up with the other job i do  , i am a pro window licker for stagecoach . seen you on the back seat many a time  !

Jenga my man you get me mixed up with someone else... the last time I used public transport they still had clippy's and took half crowns and Ten Bob notes. 

I wouldn't dream of travelling with the great unwashed like your good self..

Regards

THJ

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Jenga my man you get me mixed up with someone else... the last time I used public transport they still had clippy's and took half crowns and Ten Bob notes. 

I wouldn't dream of travelling with the great unwashed like your good self..

Regards

THJ

i still have some ten bob notes . i think they are worth more than ten bob now .

anyhow , off to strangle the budgie ..........

9 hours ago, jenga said:

i still have some ten bob notes . i think they are worth more than ten bob now .

anyhow , off to strangle the budgie ..........

Ha ha good lad Biffa  love it... thought it was past your bed time... am surprised the nurses let you stop up this late if am honest... am sitting in the Lifeboat in Maryport and that's me settled till 3 or 4 in the morning. What a place... in fact it's that good (and that far behind the times) you could spend your Ten Bob notes here... I FECKIN LOVE THIS SPOT DEFINITELY AMONG MY OWN.... Scaryport for ever...

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling

15 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Garrity always acts like he’s on something, he’s an absolute liability on and off the track ....you would think he would learn as every season he sidelines himself ends up injured ..his behaviour is uncalled for , shouting and swearing at young kids ...Nice :rolleyes: We were talking to some Sheffield fans at Scunny,  very interesting stories about him ! 

Edited by Taylorj

9 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Congratulations to Workington staff, riders & fans & well deserved on the night. As I have posted, previously, it is your strength in depth that has pulled you through & riders that did not turn up on Sunday did so tonight winning races with not many lasts for others.

This was my first visit & knew the stadium was used for Rugby & Football so the track is based on long narrow straights leading to 2 banked ends. This lead to a gate and go bore fest & before posters have a go, this is not my cup of tea. In previous years, I used to go to Kings Lynn & Sheffield as a neutral, as I read it was good but then stopped going as the racing became poor with gate & go more evident. This last year, both tracks have improved & I have visited again. I have, also, been to the NSS & while others have posted it is the best track in the country, it was bound to be as purpose built with millions thrown at it but it is also boring for the 1st 5 or 6 races until the dirt moves out, as is the case with most tracks.

As I have read a great night had by the Comets & well deserved with the excitement of the score line getting closer & noise levels increasing, more so where we were in the back straight. This was similar to how it was in the Semi at Peterborough but we quietened them down when we found our set ups & gating shoes. Peterborough's track was devout of shale & ours was on Sunday & Workington last night so why does it take so long to get a set up to work. Do the riders not write things down or do they try & remember everything. I know in my lifetime, I took notes. The first 30 metres & 2 bends decided most races as it seemed as if it was a 1 line entry to the corners & with the Comets gating better than us, overtaking was at a premium as the Comet riders put their bikes in the right places when we got close.

After have some fun with some posters on here, I finally got to meet some of them putting faces to names, even the 3 witches, sorry, ladies, seem harmless. Introduced to THJ & a few other posters & non-posters that now know of me. Spooky.

Good luck in your remaining meetings as others could say we could have been rusty at having almost a month of not racing, yet your guys have had a lot of meetings, are race sharp with equipment still going strong. Much respect. 

So I finally got to meet the infamous Ironscorpion ..:) It wasn’t a gate and go track , more that the Scunny riders were too far behind the worky boys to even try and pass , lol. We sit directly looking onto the tapes and Rasmus definitely got Garrity on the line , but hopefully some would have bought the DVD to confirm it . A couple of the Witches are off to Rye House tomorrow so hopefully our spells will work there as well :wink:

• Like 2

Defo wasn't meant to be for the Scorpions, didn't think 18 was enough but defo didn't expect to be demolished like we was. Congrats to the Comets, I personally hope you do the treble :t::)

• Like 3