British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2019

With a new Team Manager and Co-Promoter already on board for 2019 can anybody who is truly "in the know" shed any light on the owners intentions for next season in terms of staying in the top flight or dropping down a level.

Whilst no doubt speedway fans will as usual have to endure a long winter of speculation and forum trolling as well as debate concerning the possibilities and merits of one league, two league or no leagues It would be encouraging to hear something regarding the Lions future intentions ASAP.

Over to you guys

Well Sheffield are staying where they are (Speedy Star 18/10/18) so not sure if that has any direct effect on Leicester's plans.

Plans are well into place for 2019 which will please some fans but maybe not all will like the changes the club will be bringing.

Nothing can be confirmed until after the BSPA AGM next month with regards to the team and league but other improvements at Leicester may be announced before then.

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

........... but other improvements at Leicester may be announced before then.

Hopefully that's the track so we can lose the reputation of being a boring gaters paradise. 

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

Hopefully that's the track so we can lose the reputation of being a boring gaters paradise. 

Nice little compact stadium. Needs a better track, but you don't have much room. Mind you there ain't as much passing these days, anywhere. BV excluded. Your track is listed as 317 m.

So you would have to go smaller.. Maybe take  25m off of the inside of the bends and bank it to the max allowed (can't remember how much) making it 292m

Remember Coventry was only 301m and didn't ride like a small track.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Track is currently 300 metres in length. 

I’d certainly be happy if the promotion are trying to get Nicholas Busk Jacobsen on board. Superb performances from him this season 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 3:24 PM, flagrag said:

Plans are well into place for 2019 which will please some fans but maybe not all will like the changes the club will be bringing.

Nothing can be confirmed until after the BSPA AGM next month with regards to the team and league but other improvements at Leicester may be announced before then.

I thought you'd be on here quick with your "I know what's happening but can't tell anyone" posts... If you've got something to say just say it or keep quiet

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought you'd be on here quick with your "I know what's happening but can't tell anyone" posts... If you've got something to say just say it or keep quiet

On the contrary I am always interested in any comments flagrag posts. Obviously there are some things that can't be confirmed until after the AGM but others will be released earlier. I think you need to chill a bit as you  seem to be easily irritated. Shame we no longer do the Annual Forum Awards or you'd be a cert for the Victor Meldrew one.  :D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gemini said:

On the contrary I am always interested in any comments flagrag posts. Obviously there are some things that can't be confirmed until after the AGM but others will be released earlier. I think you need to chill a bit as you  seem to be easily irritated. Shame we no longer do the Annual Forum Awards or you'd be a cert for the Victor Meldrew one.  :D

I don't believe it! I'm not sure why you find his "I know stuff but I'm not telling" posts interesting, but if you find them interesting you"like" away and feed his ego.

I'll wait until somebody in the know says something that is actually interesting, I'd even find speculation interesting ie. JD returning to the Lions... But flagrag is saying nothing

Edited by iainb

On 10/21/2018 at 2:24 PM, flagrag said:

So, is it to be mixed gender toilets for Beaumont Park?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

So, is it to be mixed gender toilets for Beaumont Park?

If it's not, those that took part in the 'People's Vote' protest at the weekend are no doubt en route to BP as we speak. 

Edited by The Weasel

was told last week that they are doing the track and the drains on the 3rd and 4rth, also more banking so if and its a big if . It could make it better we can hope........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

was told last week that they are doing the track and the drains on the 3rd and 4rth, also more banking so if and its a big if . It could make it better we can hope........

After all that's been done already, I suspect the short distance between the two straights, which can't be altered, will defeat further attempts to make any significant improvement. It may be better to just build a new track on the ground originally earmarked for football pitches, keep the pits where they are, turn the stands around. All that's needed is a few 100 grand and new planning permission. Easy peasy.

• Haha 2