British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2019

44 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

I'd imagine that will be forgotten about & swept under the carpet, like it has in past seasons ( mostly by the previous management I must add) eg. the year Birmingham folded mid-season 2 matches were missed, the debacle of the Kings Lynn meeting 2 seasons ago that was never ridden & there's probably more examples, season ticket holders have never been credited anything the following season.

Thats terrible

This year Ipswich didnt run the 16 Lapper which was due as part of the season ticket

A pro rata refund cheque was sent within a couple of weeks of the confirmation the season was finished with a letter apologising for the meeting not happening and thanking the fan for their valuable support

• Like 6

Cheers flagrag, sounds very promising. Have no idea who they may have in place. I'm always excited by team building over the winter, not only Lions, but seeing how the opposition is shaping up

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats terrible

This year Ipswich didnt run the 16 Lapper which was due as part of the season ticket

A pro rata refund cheque was sent within a couple of weeks of the confirmation the season was finished with a letter apologising for the meeting not happening and thanking the fan for their valuable support

That's excellent from Ipswich, nothing's ever happened like that at Leicester. We'll see if there's any reimbursement for the missing Rye House fixture on next years season ticket, but on past experience I've got my doubts. The present promotion do seem to value the season ticket holders more than under Hemsley's reign & we have been invited on to the centre green during meetings, early access to P&P day etc. but never any credits for meetings that weren't run.

Edited by stevethelion

16 hours ago, stevethelion said:

That's excellent from Ipswich, nothing's ever happened like that at Leicester. We'll see if there's any reimbursement for the missing Rye House fixture on next years season ticket, but on past experience I've got my doubts. The present promotion do seem to value the season ticket holders more than under Hemsley's reign & we have been invited on to the centre green during meetings, early access to P&P day etc. but never any credits for meetings that weren't run.

I seem to remember season ticket holders getting one or two free programmes as compensation a couple of years ago. Season tickets don't really make financial sense for supporters unfortunately due to the small theoretical saving and the likelihood of meetings not being staged or having to miss the odd meeting for other reasons.  I think they'd sell a lot more (and benefit financially overall) if they made them cheaper. Hopefully we'll at least know which night Lions will be racing on before people are asked to buy season tickets for next season. Personally I hope they don't go for Saturdays.

Different clubs seem to have a different approach to season tickets. At Belle Vue you save a relatively small amount over paying at the gate, I think when I worked it out it was something just over £1 although I can't now quite remember. However, you do get a free programme,  which costs £3, so it seems to me a good deal if you normally buy a programme, which I do but probably not if you don't.

Belle Vue also arrange centre green visits for season ticket holders, give them priority to book their usual seats for meetings not covered by the ticket and this year included the KO Cup semi final to make up for the lost Rye House meeting.

Edited by Aces51

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Different clubs seem to have a different approach to season tickets. At Belle Vue you save a relatively small amount over paying at the gate, I think when I worked it out it was something just over £1 although I can't now quite remember. However, you do get a free programme,  which costs £3, so it seems to me a good deal if you normally buy a programme, which I do but probably not if you don't.

Belle Vue also arrange centre green visits for season ticket holders, give them priority to book their usual seats for meetings not covered by the ticket and this year included the KO Cup semi final to make up for the lost Rye House meeting.

Wolves season ticket includes all ko cup and playoff home fixtures and even the olympique individual meeting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

I seem to remember season ticket holders getting one or two free programmes as compensation a couple of years ago. Season tickets don't really make financial sense for supporters unfortunately due to the small theoretical saving and the likelihood of meetings not being staged or having to miss the odd meeting for other reasons.  I think they'd sell a lot more (and benefit financially overall) if they made them cheaper. Hopefully we'll at least know which night Lions will be racing on before people are asked to buy season tickets for next season. Personally I hope they don't go for Saturdays.

The  free programmes were because they only charged £10 for a televised meeting, so to compensate season ticket holders they were allowed free programmes for 2 meetings . Nothing has ever been offered back for meetings not staged during the season.

14 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Wolves season ticket includes all ko cup and playoff home fixtures and even the olympique individual meeting

Belle Vue include the KO Cup but not the semi final or final, or the play offs, because there is no guarantee that they will qualify. The price plus any added benefits compared to the number of guaranteed meetings is the only way to assess if it is value for money.

Edited by Aces51

The inducements to buy, whether financial or added extras, need to be very tempting of course but there's also the aspect of it doing a bit to help the club financially, too. I think that it's also not unreasonable to be prepared to write-off a small proportion of the purchase price in terms of missing matches whether that's out of personal choice and circumstances, and/or "speedway reasons". For me a lot depends on what your opinions are of the management/owners especially if you end up having to take a small financial loss on the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Belle Vue include the KO Cup but not the semi final or final, or the play offs, because there is no guarantee that they will qualify. The price plus any added benefits compared to the number of guaranteed meetings is the only way to assess if it is value for money.

You're missing the point, Wolves season ticket price is based on a slight saving to guaranteed meetings, however they choose to include any progression in the cup or playoffs.

It was a bargain last year, but not so much this year

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

You're missing the point, Wolves season ticket price is based on a slight saving to guaranteed meetings, however they choose to include any progression in the cup or playoffs.

It was a bargain last year, but not so much this year

So you pays your money and takes your chance that they will qualify for the semi and final of the KO Cup and the play offs. If they do you've had a good bargain and if they don't, much less so. I think I prefer to know what I am getting for my money and what my saving is going to be but it's a matter of personal choice.

Meanwhile, back to the Leicester Lions. It looks as if they have a good idea of the riders they have in mind. Let's hope that the happenings at the AGM next week don't disrupt their plans. They've had a difficult time since they moved up but I think that the addition of Stewart Dickson could see their fortunes change.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Big Al said:

The inducements to buy, whether financial or added extras, need to be very tempting of course but there's also the aspect of it doing a bit to help the club financially, too. I think that it's also not unreasonable to be prepared to write-off a small proportion of the purchase price in terms of missing matches whether that's out of personal choice and circumstances, and/or "speedway reasons". For me a lot depends on what your opinions are of the management/owners especially if you end up having to take a small financial loss on the whole thing. 

My sole purpose in buying a season ticket is so that my money is made available to the club in advance of the season commencing and help to provide funds with which the owners can begin their planning. If I could I would do more to help but unfortunately it is not possible. A small loss is anticipated due to illness and holidays but to me this is not a problem. 

• Like 4

Never bought a season ticket to be honest never seen the incentive. Poole dont even give a programe with there's 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Gemini said:

On the contrary I am always interested in any comments flagrag posts. Obviously there are some things that can't be confirmed until after the AGM but others will be released earlier. I think you need to chill a bit as you  seem to be easily irritated. Shame we no longer do the Annual Forum Awards or you'd be a cert for the Victor Meldrew one.  :D

I'm backing flag rag on this. Suspect all will become clearer after the AGM.

Edited by W9 Lion
Error in original
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

I'm backing flag rag on this. Suspect all will become clearer after the AGM.

Flagrag hasn't said anything he/she's about as informative as Mystic Meg!

Edited by iainb