British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2019

19 hours ago, ray c said:

Never bought a season ticket to be honest never seen the incentive. Poole dont even give a programe with there's 

But they do guarantee your own grandstand seat; give 10%off club merchandise and priority invites to certain club activities eg P&P day. 

Not for everyone I agree but clearly liked by many as Poole season ticket sales were up in 2018.

Some of you probably know this person.  Another low-life Speedway fan gets caught. 

39987941_1585663121538119_20924094971117

Page Liked · 22 hrs · 

PETE ( PETER ) HARGRAVE 60 from Leicester, was Arrested yesterday 9th November 2018, on suspicion of,
* Grooming children under 16yrs of age
* Enticing children to Engage in Sexual Activity including preteens
* Enticing children to Witness Sexual Activity including preteens

Anyone with any further information on PETER please message our page or dial 101 for Leicestershire Police with crime reference number 18000542018.

Please leaves PETERS family and belongings alone so police can concentrate solely on prosecuting PETER.

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Some of you probably know this person.  Another low-life Speedway fan gets caught. 

39987941_1585663121538119_20924094971117

Page Liked · 22 hrs · 

PETE ( PETER ) HARGRAVE 60 from Leicester, was Arrested yesterday 9th November 2018, on suspicion of,
* Grooming children under 16yrs of age
* Enticing children to Engage in Sexual Activity including preteens
* Enticing children to Witness Sexual Activity including preteens

Anyone with any further information on PETER please message our page or dial 101 for Leicestershire Police with crime reference number 18000542018.

Please leaves PETERS family and belongings alone so police can concentrate solely on prosecuting PETER.

I don't do Facebook. Does it say he's a speedway fan 

Pete used to attend Leicester Speedway and do some odd jobs like litter collecting and cutting the grass in the week.

However he was permanently barred from the stadium due to being abusive to stewards and away supporters he seemed very opinionated in his views. 

From what I personally saw there was no signs of his wrong doing while at the Speedway and goes to show how shocking some people’s personalities and lives can be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Pete used to attend Leicester Speedway and do some odd jobs like litter collecting and cutting the grass in the week.

However he was permanently barred from the stadium due to being abusive to stewards and away supporters he seemed very opinionated in his views. 

From what I personally saw there was no signs of his wrong doing while at the Speedway and goes to show how shocking some people’s personalities and lives can be.

Thanks Flagrag.

Another one off the street... Well for now :unsure:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't do Facebook. Does it say he's a speedway fan 

Have just checked it and yes it does.

Sold raffle tickets too apparently. Don't think I have ever met him but I did ask him on Facebook why he couldn't go to the Coventry matches when he said he wanted to. His answer was he wasn't allowed inside the stadium and he didn't know why as he'd done nothing wrong. 

12 hours ago, Gemini said:

Sold raffle tickets too apparently. Don't think I have ever met him but I did ask him on Facebook why he couldn't go to the Coventry matches when he said he wanted to. His answer was he wasn't allowed inside the stadium and he didn't know why as he'd done nothing wrong. 

I thought the name sounded familiar! I've checked my group on Facebook and he's no longer on it.

• Like 1

C'mon Mods/Admin - change to the Championship section now. The BSPA website have already made the changes. I can't believe the speed of it.

25 minutes ago, Glennylion said:

So the Lions are no longer in top tier.

It'll suit some but I'm very disappointed. 

Me too. I’d be lying if I said I’m thrilled by the prospect. Saturday night speedway beckons again too I guess.

Saturday night racing confirmed. 

May feel differently (which is unlikely) come next season but definitely not interested in a 38 point championship team even during the week let alone on a Saturday. The benefit of putting yourself out during the week to bust a gut from Birmingham was that you could still have a meal or go out with the family on a Saturday evening. The choice is family time or weakened speedway. No chance of combining the both.

Whilst it may attract some (I have my doubts) Speedway is going further away from what I want and it looks like all I can do is wish the team well in my absence and thank DH and latterly the Bates family for their efforts.

Well I guess the promoters have their reasons for opting to join a watered down version of league racing - i.e. 38 point team limit designed to help make the 42.5 top flight teams look stronger and help the club survive on lower costs because they don't have the skill and knowledge on how to invest and PROMOTE the sport in a City the size of Leicester.

And they have the audacity to call themselves "PROMOTERS" ?

Pathetic!

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I said a couple of weeks ago that the decision that Leicester have made would please some fans with Saturday night racing and dropping to a weakened Championship 

It will be interesting to see what the crowds are like on Saturdays in the 2nd division as part of the reason Mr Hemsley took the club up was falling crowds on Saturday night and also rider availability 

• Like 1