British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2019

Matt Bates said he had lost a lot of money at Leicester since he took over, that was the main reason that he wasn't interested in Sheffield going into the PL next season

26 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Matt Bates said he had lost a lot of money at Leicester since he took over, that was the main reason that he wasn't interested in Sheffield going into the PL next season

That’s why Buster investing in three clubs is total madness - 3x the losses and can only end in disaster!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

That’s why Buster investing in three clubs is total madness - 3x the losses and can only end in disaster!

I’d say there is no losses at KL how can Buster lose ? no rent takes all Bar and food outlet cash - let’s put another way if KL can’t make money no club will . 

9 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d say there is no losses at KL how can Buster lose ? no rent takes all Bar and food outlet cash - let’s put another way if KL can’t make money no club will . 

I think the point being made is that Chapman has taken on 2 clubs that has to pay stadium rent. Rye House went broke and Leicester crippled themselves financially and they don't have rent to pay. Chapman, financially could end up broke taking on these 2 clubs, which could be a catastrophe for King's Lynn. 

King's Lynn fans need to understand the significance of the huge risks that are on our club if it all goes heavily wrong at Peterborough and Ipswich.

It is one very humongous gamble Chapman has taken. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2018 at 11:24 PM, Glennylion said:

Very few meetings have been singularly promoted over the 8 years that I can remember.  One that was was a televised meeting against Swindon and they had to delay the start due to crowds.  That was advertised over a couple of weeks with reduced tickets, food vouchers, free air horns and it was a huge success. It was a sustained and directed promotion. 

Was it a financial success though?

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was it a financial success though?

Very difficult to quantify and I don't know attendance figures or revenue but on the evening, they would have taken thousands more through the gate but it depends on the value of the give aways.

Subsequent attraction for potential sponsors and associated value cannot really known unless the promoter posed relevant questions. 

Whether it attracted new supporters the following week, months or years again I doubt can be quantified without asking questions on the evening or following meetings. It may be that that meeting has generated and continues to generate income like any doubling of attendance may.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Rye House went broke and Leicester crippled themselves financially and they don't have rent to pay (rent).

They don't ? how come?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, 1 valve said:

They don't ? how come?

I think that Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd (a David Helmsley owned company) lease the land on which the speedway stadium is constructed (and the surrounding land including the car park and club house) on a long term lease from Leicester City Council. Presumably the present owner/promoter of the Lions is/are paying a rent to Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. which will at the very least cover the cost of the annual payments that Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. are making to the City Council. There are other, better informed, people than me on here who can correct me if I am wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think that Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd (a David Helmsley owned company) lease the land on which the speedway stadium is constructed (and the surrounding land including the car park and club house) on a long term lease from Leicester City Council. Presumably the present owner/promoter of the Lions is/are paying a rent to Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. which will at the very least cover the cost of the annual payments that Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. are making to the City Council. There are other, better informed, people than me on here who can correct me if I am wrong. 

I believe you are correct and indeed the current owner/promotion do pay a rent hence why I questioned the remark by D. Smith Leicester don't have rent to pay (rent

Why is this thread still active in the Premier Lge section ??? :o

30 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Why is this thread still active in the Premier Lge section ??? :o

Because they think Buster Chapman will come along any day now on his tractor wearing his suit of armor and buy the club and put it back into the Premiership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Because they think Buster Chapman will come along any day now on his tractor wearing his suit of armor and buy the club and put it back into the Premiership.

He did that 2 years ago. Must have been a practice run. 

On 11/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, Daniel Smith said:

I think the point being made is that Chapman has taken on 2 clubs that has to pay stadium rent. Rye House went broke and Leicester crippled themselves financially and they don't have rent to pay. Chapman, financially could end up broke taking on these 2 clubs, which could be a catastrophe for King's Lynn. 

King's Lynn fans need to understand the significance of the huge risks that are on our club if it all goes heavily wrong at Peterborough and Ipswich.

It is one very humongous gamble Chapman has taken. 

Think you will find leicester do pay rent ?