British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Mildenhall 21/10/18 Play Off Final

14 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Nathan stoneman is the guest thursday night for danny ayres

Almost relieved:t:     He will be a threat but not as much as Max Clegg would have been.   Might have missed an opportunity here.

17 hours ago, gee jay said:

i see a few others on here thinking the eagles are still up against it , i was beginning to feel a bit on my own  . 19 seems a big lead everywhere but west row , i was hoping for 25. i wondered with danny just failing a fitness test would the 3 extra days make a difference to him being back , same with sam who still wasn't 100% right . won't be there so just wish both sides the best of luck , no more injuries , and if the eagles win i'll be doing a little dance but i will feel for the fen tigers . if they do claw it back it will just add to the story and i will doff my cap to the best side i think i've ever seen in the 3rd tier . 

Dam right we are. I want ed a 25-30 point lead to go up to MH with any confidence. Seeing as we seem to struggle with their track, as others do, I think it is still finely poised and could go either way. 

They have a top 3 that could match our top 3 and reserves that could outscore our reserves heavily. I think it will be an individual performance by a rider from either team that will make the difference.....like Charlie Brooks did at Arlo last week....maybe its Charlie Powels turn??

powell took a right hiding at Mildenhall a fortnight ago and hasn't been the same rider since, I think it will go down to the wire, first 4 heats are abs vital for eastbourne

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

powell took a right hiding at Mildenhall a fortnight ago and hasn't been the same rider since, I think it will go down to the wire, first 4 heats are abs vital for eastbourne

Overall the last three clashes with the Tigers have seen a terrible performance at the gate for the Eagles over the first 4 heats so that may be what determines things on Thursday.

As for Charlie Powell, he is unlikely to score at all, seems to be going backwards week by week. No real progress over the last 3 seasons and likely to have difficulty getting a ride in any team next year. Back in a reserve spot  and still dropping his average :cry:

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Overall the last three clashes with the Tigers have seen a terrible performance at the gate for the Eagles over the first 4 heats so that may be what determines things on Thursday.

As for Charlie Powell, he is unlikely to score at all, seems to be going backwards week by week. No real progress over the last 3 seasons and likely to have difficulty getting a ride in any team next year. Back in a reserve spot  and still dropping his average :cry:

Baseby and Powell will be back at Eastie next year I expect disregarding form or the prospect of an average rise. Been the case over the last 2/3 seasons.

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

can't disagree with you that he hasn't pushed on this year , but no real progress since he first rode is very harsh. as for the last few meetings i think he's injured his back possibly at mildenhall and fell in each of the next 2 meetings which couldn't have helped . 

14 hours ago, gazzac said:

Baseby and Powell will be back at Eastie next year I expect disregarding form or the prospect of an average rise. Been the case over the last 2/3 seasons.

I understand where you are coming from, they have always tried to be loyal to their riders even in Elite days but it will not be possible to keep all three heat leaders for over 26 points leaving 13 to 16 for the last four riders, that would be suicide.   There is no way they would release Wood or Brennan who have spent the whole of their NL careers wearing the eagle and are two of the most rapidly developing riders in the league, So Baseby must be the obvious choice. 

I would also imagine they will want to keep Edwards as the third heat leader and Charlie Brooks has got to be a certainty the way he is improving at his average. I would think the team will look like this:

1  Wood       9.30

2  Brooks      4.53

3   Edwards   6.70

4   ?????

5    Brennan   8.20

6    Ablitt         3.00

7   ?????         3.00

Total           34.73

Leaving between 4 and 7 points for a No 4 depending on the agreed limit.  These averages will change marginally after the last three fixtures have been completed but not much. I just cannot see how Baseby or Powell can fit in.

'My'  team would certainly be contenders for a 5th KO Cup.

45 minutes ago, Hunters said:

I understand where you are coming from, they have always tried to be loyal to their riders even in Elite days but it will not be possible to keep all three heat leaders for over 26 points leaving 13 to 16 for the last four riders, that would be suicide.   There is no way they would release Wood or Brennan who have spent the whole of their NL careers wearing the eagle and are two of the most rapidly developing riders in the league, So Baseby must be the obvious choice. 

I would also imagine they will want to keep Edwards as the third heat leader and Charlie Brooks has got to be a certainty the way he is improving at his average. I would think the team will look like this:

1  Wood       9.30

2  Brooks      4.53

3   Edwards   6.70

4   ?????

5    Brennan   8.20

6    Ablitt         3.00

7   ?????         3.00

Total           34.73

Leaving between 4 and 7 points for a No 4 depending on the agreed limit.  These averages will change marginally after the last three fixtures have been completed but not much. I just cannot see how Baseby or Powell can fit in.

Difficult to call without a known points limit but i can see Baseby & Powell being back as they are part of the in crowd at Eastbourne. I think Wood will be the one moving on plus his desire to ride at higher levels may also be compromised running with the Eagles who are anti doubling up.  

2 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

2 x Spillers?

Only if they do move up a league, surely?

8 hours ago, Hunters said:

1  Wood       9.30

2  Brooks      4.53

3   Edwards   6.70

4   ?????

5    Brennan   8.20

6    Ablitt         3.00

7   ?????         3.00

Total           34.73

I hope you're right with the team, but  fear "mates" will win over in the end.

• Like 1

Does any Eastbourne or Mildenhall fan possibly have a programme cover scan they would be able to email me from the Play off and KOC Finals? Thanks.