British Speedway Forum
throttlejockey

Jack Miller MotoGP World Champ?

He needs the right bike for it to be seen his true potential.  I am surprised Ducati did not give him Lorenzos factory ride for 2019, instead given to Petrucci, who is good but ultimately a bit short of Millers potential.

Ducati have to find a replacement for the next GP as it seems Lorenzo not fit...…. wonder who they will choose? Its in Phillip Island - could it be Casey Stoner?

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, throttlejockey said:

Anyone think that Jack Miller has what it takes to be MotoGP World Champ one day

No !!    Although a very good rider ,   especially in the wet,   he has yet to prove he can consistently compete with the best.   For him to be considered as championship potential he need to up his game and be near the front .  Crutchlow is a perfect example of the difference between being a brilliant rider and that of world champion potential.  He is capable of competing with the leaders,  but his consistency lets him down.  

I reckon Marquez could quite easily win the championship for as many years as he cares to

• Like 2

G13webb - although Crutchlow rides for LCR he is riding a full Honda works bike, so he should be challenging more then he does, Jack Miller is on a Ducati at least 12 months old I understand.

The works Yamahas of Rossi and  Vinhales have gone backwards this year, even Tech3 rider Zarco has beat them at times this year. Lack of investment in development which is being put right 2019.

Marquez is an incredible rider, will be interesting how Lorenzo goes on as his team mate next year, give him a few meetings to see him settle in. Problem as I see is that the Honda is built for Marquez who is smaller then Lorenzo.  Pity Lorenzo is leaving Ducati now his bike is sorted, Dovi could seriously challenge Marquez next year, but Dovi must have only a few years left in him, and I not see Petruci can step up to the plate.

thank u for the informative replies. I have to say it's been abit of drought rider wise for Australia in the MotoGP compared to the days of Gardner, Doohan and Stoner dominating. However i see that Remi Gardner is riding in the Moto GP 2 and look out for Seth Crump making his way in the Australian road racing scene as well. 

http://www.mcnews.com.au/seth-crump-wins-supersport-300s-at-hidden-valley/

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2019-idemitsu-asia-talent-cup-selections/

Very hard to say unless he has the chance to ride a factory bike. I think he could do a better job at Ducati as no2 to Dovi than Petrucci will.

On 22 October 2018 at 7:31 AM, bruno said:

I reckon Marquez could quite easily win the championship for as many years as he cares to

Agree,Marquez could go on to become the Greatest IMO.

• Like 1

Looking at the weather conditions today it looks like it could be an interesting day in Valencia 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:06 AM, throttlejockey said:

Anyone think that Jack Miller has what it takes to be MotoGP World Champ one day

Capable of winning a MotoGp on any giving weekend but maybe not on a consistent bases, surely Ducati will want the full factory team to do a better job than what is essentially an independent team.