British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greener21

Kevlars

I hope all  teams return to matching race suits next year,the teams that wore them last year looked far

more professional,Kline was the only rider who looked a true pirate .thoughts

• Like 3

There was a time when nobody wore team suits, you identified the riders by their individual leathers / Kevlars 

I actually thought  the Pirates looked good with the 'old fashioned' race jackets on .

Just my opinion 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

There was a time when nobody wore team suits, you identified the riders by their individual leathers / Kevlars 

I actually thought  the Pirates looked good with the 'old fashioned' race jackets on .

Just my opinion 

It was easier to pick out individual away riders when they had their own leathers.

• Like 4

I remember the days at Hyde road , Booey in his blue leathers , Ole in black , Tiger Louis etc etc 

Great days , and all looked ultra professional :)

• Like 2

If not team kevlars then at least 'wear what you like but in team colours'.  e.g. blue / white for Poole, gold / black for Wolves, etc....

• Like 1

Like the team Kevlars. But ...... expensive business way teams hire and fire mid season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I remember the days at Hyde road , Booey in his blue leathers , Ole in black , Tiger Louis etc etc 

Great days , and all looked ultra professional :)

Can you remember the stage some riders went through where they had tazzles on the arms 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FigRoll said:

Can you remember the stage some riders went through where they had tazzles on the arms 

Steve Gresham at Swindon had those all down his arms.

The last time he visited Swindon for a testimonial he even had rabbit ears stuck on his helmet, that was funny.

• Like 2

Just now, FigRoll said:

Then you had riders like Wiggy easily identified by the green and white machine and matching leathers 

I even think his bike trailer was green and white as well

Team race suits make for winning teams..............not!!;)  Poole and Somerset.:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FigRoll said:

I remember Mel Taylor had tassels. John Davis was another colourful chap in his pink and white kit.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Team race suits make for winning teams..............not!!;)  Poole and Somerset.:D

Didnt Klindt and Harris both have suits made?

Isnt it the introduction of those 2 (and their suits :P) that most are saying made the difference.......? :)

Usually like team suits and agree it's a uniform that should be worn but it does take you back when they all look different but have a traditional race jacket on. Maurer in his green check, With in green, PC in his flames etc I'm now 50/50 on it.

I will add though that we need to be helping the British Kevlar makers out. In Poland riders can only wear Kevlar made by a Polish company and most suits here are made by Polish company by riders arranging them to be made by design from the team.

Why can't Britain help the ravesuit makers here like GTS Colin White DSTAR etc and suits worn here have to be British made

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T.N.T. said:

Why can't Britain help the ravesuit makers here like GTS Colin White DSTAR etc and suits worn here have to be British made

Just wait until after Brexit