British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rocket007

Outstanding Fixture

With the latest fixtures now appearing, it leaves just Buxton and Coventry. Who is due to be at home, and is this fixture likely to be run.

• Haha 2

Coventry have completed all their home NL league fixtures haven't they? :unsure: If you mean National Trophy I doubt anyone will be bothered. 

Buxton to ride Eastbourne on 28th October. No mention from the promoters of if or when the final match will take place. I suspect it won't.

Hi jayne think you may be waiting a very long time, think im right cov have got to go to stoke as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

We are still waiting a response from Coventry regarding the outstanding fixtures.

Hi Jane,  I know you do a brilliant job up at Buxton but without being disrespectful, why does Buxton always seem to have difficulty fitting in meetings. As far as I know, you don't share with another Team, don't have stock-cars or dogs, start the season the same time as everyone else and probably have less meetings than most other as you never seem to progress far in the Cup/Trophy or reach play-offs, yet end of season and a scramble to fit in outstanding fixtures. Would it not be more beneficial next season to not run in the League, but to have challenge matches as and when you are able to run. For the integrity of the Sport, having unfinished League tables and Trophy tables does not look very professional for the sport.

Rocket007 - prior to this season we have always finished our fixtures. We have also in the past won the Trophy, league and KOC and been in the playoffs. We might not be successful on a regular basis but it is easy to be so when you have money behind you. With regards to Coventry, they were offered any Sunday in October after their original meeting was twice rained off but have yet to respond.  I have also said that we would go to Coventry when a date was provided but again have had no notifications. We have had seven meetings rained off this year which is more than we have had in the last two years combined I think and this hasn't helped matters. Yes, we have had a good summer but if the weather isn't with you on raceday it is irrelevant what the other days are like. We are more exposed than most to the weather and in fact Sunday's meeting had sun. rain and fog all in the space of about four hours. Although we might not share the track with other disciplines we have work commitments which have to be met in order to pay the deficit that speedway occurs. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Rocket007 - prior to this season we have always finished our fixtures. We have also in the past won the Trophy, league and KOC and been in the playoffs. We might not be successful on a regular basis but it is easy to be so when you have money behind you. With regards to Coventry, they were offered any Sunday in October after their original meeting was twice rained off but have yet to respond.  I have also said that we would go to Coventry when a date was provided but again have had no notifications. We have had seven meetings rained off this year which is more than we have had in the last two years combined I think and this hasn't helped matters. Yes, we have had a good summer but if the weather isn't with you on raceday it is irrelevant what the other days are like. We are more exposed than most to the weather and in fact Sunday's meeting had sun. rain and fog all in the space of about four hours. Although we might not share the track with other disciplines we have work commitments which have to be met in order to pay the deficit that speedway occurs. 

Well said Jayne

Just keep up the hard work and Buxton on the map

Rocket007 that’s just a terrible post - zero respect 

of course buxton could have said 'sod it' and packed up half way through the season leaving the rest of the league in the lurch , now that wouldn't look very professional at all would it .

34 minutes ago, Jayne said:

With out me knowing most of the facts, I apologise if I offended you with my remarks

• Thanks 1

I think its safe to say that most have a soft spot for Buxton & would love to see them have more successful years than recent seasons. Teams cannot be held accountable for non completed away fixtures so just the home ones to contend with. I stand by the fact that the league campaign should be completed first and then additional competitions can be entered IF all home meetings have been completed. 

Either way its great to hear that the feel good factor is returning to Buxton and long may they continue and return to flourish.

15 hours ago, rocket007 said:

With out me knowing most of the facts, I apologise if I offended you with my remarks

No need to apologise and no offence taken, but thank you anyway.

At least 1 Sunday got wasted when birmingham  refused to ride

18 hours ago, adonis said:

At least 1 Sunday got wasted when birmingham  refused to ride

That is a misrepresentation of the facts.

The meeting was called off by the ref after a Buxton rider tested the track and was not able (in the refs opinion.) to ride safely. Another Birmingham rider (Leon Flint) was due to test the track but the ref had seen enough. I have spoken to some of the Birmingham riders since the incident and they have all confirmed that they were prepared to ride if needed.

In any case it was a trophy meeting and not a league meeting.

1 hour ago, guitar_art said:

That is a misrepresentation of the facts.

The meeting was called off by the ref after a Buxton rider tested the track and was not able (in the refs opinion.) to ride safely. Another Birmingham rider (Leon Flint) was due to test the track but the ref had seen enough. I have spoken to some of the Birmingham riders since the incident and they have all confirmed that they were prepared to ride if needed.

In any case it was a trophy meeting and not a league meeting.

so what  , whether it was trophy or league it was still a wasted sunday , and from what i heard from people who were actually there , it's you who is attempting to misrepresent the facts ,