British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall V Eastbourne NLPO Final 2ng leg 25-10-18@7-30pm

Well done Eastbourne who rode very well and never looked in danger of letting Mildenhall back into contention.

Good to see them eventually celebrate after heat 12 even though they had sealed the Championship one race earlier!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedway28 said:

Congratulations to Eastbourne, fully deserved over the two legs. Not Connor Dugard's biggest fan but he was spot on over the course of the season when saying that the league is won through the play offs, not in July/August. Injuries badly affected Mildenhall over the course of the two legs, Danny Ayres especially being a huge miss I feel. However, the Eagles have grown over the course of the season and I think they may even have nicked this over a full strength Mildenhall side tonight. The contest was over from the start with an extremely slick one line track. It didn't suit Mildenhall in the slightest with an inability throughout the side to gate well. Credit to Eastbourne though, on the ball from the start and killed the tie in the first four races. A word for Charlie Brooks who has come on massively this year and looks to have real potential, Jason Edwards too. I still feel that Kelsey Dugard riding for Mildenhall in the first leg made a complete mockery of the tie with him part of the Eagles camp tonight but that appears to be just how speedway is these days.

What on earth were Mildenhall thinking asking a Dugard to guest for them against his home team, his family team! 

A very professional job by Eastbourne tonight. They never gave Mildenhall a sniff at getting back in the tie. My only disappoinment was missing out on the fish and chips. The queue was far too long for my liking!

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

A very professional job by Eastbourne tonight. They never gave Mildenhall a sniff at getting back in the tie. My only disappoinment was missing out on the fish and chips. The queue was far too long for my liking!

was it a big crowd or was it just that everybody who was there was starving ?

14 minutes ago, gee jay said:

was it a big crowd or was it just that everybody who was there was starving ?

A very big crowd for a thursday night. The queue never seemed to go down until the end of the meeting.

Whilst im dissapointed that this Mildenhall side didn't win the tie Eastbourne did an excellent job, set a strong target at home and made sure they kept piling on the points at West Row. Obvious plaudits will go to Wood & Baseby but a real tie influencer was Charlie Brooks and all credit to Eastbourne who stuck by him through his earlier patchy form and allowed him to deliver the performances many knew he was capable of.

• Like 1

Also sad to see that Mildenhall Speedway is up for sale. Whilst Mr Jolly maybe a interesting character there is no doubt his heart belongs to the club. Hope the initial AGM could be brought forward so prospective buyers will know the league format before committing as its difficult to see a queue of interested parties at any time and even more so with a winter of uncertainty ahead.

Tonight's meeting  is off.   Mildenhall cannot raise a team.  Unbelievable. 

This was the season finale at Arlington when the fans can mix with the riders and get 'selfies' joining in the celebrations in centre green. Now they have been let down and the club lose what is normally one of the best gates of the year.

I can only imagine that some of the Tigers team are having a tantrum because they lost and don't want to be at Arlington when the celebration is on. I can think of no other explanation because we have all known about this fixture for some time.

In any event there must be plenty of riders out there who would have welcomed a final guest appearance to wrap the season up. Surely some of the Kent boys as well as Stoneman would have been up for it and with Lakeside still not finished Morley and Bowtell should be available. Nobody would have complained if they had even put out an over average side which would have made it more challenging.

I hope the SCB investigation is thorough and publicly announced because this cancellation quite honestly 'STINKS'  

What a shower Mildenhall are.

Suggest the promotion could be looking at lifetime bans. 

A season out for the likes of Kemp, Bailey, Kinsley, Bebee? This fixture has been there for some time.

Who will pay Eastbourne compensation for all the costs expended on a programme which will not be used?

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

What a shower Mildenhall are.

Suggest the promotion could be looking at lifetime bans. 

A season out for the likes of Kemp, Bailey, Kinsley, Bebee? This fixture has been there for some time.

Who will pay Eastbourne compensation for all the costs expended on a programme which will not be used?

Slight over reaction BUT it is very disappointing and disrespectful from most involved with Mildenhall. Whilst most will agree its a pointless fixture as all NL meetings should have been completed by now it was a celebration (gloating) night for the Eagles and they have now missed out. With the current regulations of withdrawing for any reason in the NL every rider will escape punishment although the list of reasons would make interesting and hilarious reading. 

The Irony would be if it pi$$es down this evening.

All 5 mildy riders finished the match fit, incredible how 4 are unavailable the morning after. Very disrepectful from the fen tigers

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Slight over reaction BUT it is very disappointing and disrespectful from most involved with Mildenhall. Whilst most will agree its a pointless fixture as all NL meetings should have been completed by now it was a celebration (gloating) night for the Eagles and they have now missed out. With the current regulations of withdrawing for any reason in the NL every rider will escape punishment although the list of reasons would make interesting and hilarious reading. 

The Irony would be if it pi$$es down this evening.

Why is their celebration 'gloating'  ?   Should we stop the FA Cup winners from lifting the cup high to their  50000 fans or riding around the city in an open top bus?

I guess it is only gloating when it is Eastbourne.

• Like 1

Large quantity of very sour black grapes now heading up the M11 for delivery to West Row Stadium.

• Haha 1

Just goes to show how toothless (spineless) the SCB is

29 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Why is their celebration 'gloating'  ?   Should we stop the FA Cup winners from lifting the cup high to their  50000 fans or riding around the city in an open top bus?

I guess it is only gloating when it is Eastbourne.

Its only gloating when the winners are lauding it over the losers. The FA cup winners take their bus tours quite rightly but not passed the opposition teams ground. 

Eastbourne can still host a celebration night, open the gates, allow the fans to join the celebrations and get pictures etc

That said its still poor form by Mildenhall.