British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall V Eastbourne NLPO Final 2ng leg 25-10-18@7-30pm

Surely the SCB can't ignore the stance taken by Mildenhall and a severe penalty must be imposed otherwise this will set a precedence for any Club that has no chance of winning the League, or qualifying for the play off's, to just cancel remaining fixtures to save on costs. Tonight's fixture has been arranged for a reasonable amount of time, so will Mildenhall give a full explanation as to why 4 riders suddenly don't want to ride. I had a B&B booked for tonight, as was going to Speedway then to a Non-League game tomorrow. That's now been scuppered but luckily B&B accepted cancelation without any cost.

23 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Surely the SCB can't ignore the stance taken by Mildenhall and a severe penalty must be imposed otherwise this will set a precedence for any Club that has no chance of winning the League, or qualifying for the play off's, to just cancel remaining fixtures to save on costs. Tonight's fixture has been arranged for a reasonable amount of time, so will Mildenhall give a full explanation as to why 4 riders suddenly don't want to ride. I had a B&B booked for tonight, as was going to Speedway then to a Non-League game tomorrow. That's now been scuppered but luckily B&B accepted cancelation without any cost.

Or maybe the SCB could press the 'reset to factory settings' button and we as a sport can move forward?

Yeah, doubt it too..

After virtually a day of reflection, I think the SCB should wipe away the Mildenhall record for this season as if they never existed, and:

• Take away the National Trophy
  • Ban the promoters for life
  • Ban the team (bar Marson) for 12/24  months so they never bother to ride again.

Today, Mildenhall have brought the name of the town and the club into total disrepute.

The Fen Tigers don't care and nor do I, if they go to oblivion.

• Haha 3

After going to Rye House on Wednesday and Mildenhall last night, I'm grateful for a night in. I would have gone tonight, but it's freezing cold, so I'm not bothered. Mildenhall should be heavily fined, but i doubt if they will. It will all be forgotten over the winter.

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

After going to Rye House on Wednesday and Mildenhall last night, I'm grateful for a night in. I would have gone tonight, but it's freezing cold, so I'm not bothered. Mildenhall should be heavily fined, but i doubt if they will. It will all be forgotten over the winter.

If Mildenhall have financial difficulties as is rumoured and I am not casting aspersions one way or the other, the chances are that the current promotion will fold and if the riders are out of pocket then maybe that is the reason they are unavailable. If another track and team is lost there is no way back.

NSadly the current state of the sport is probably a contributory factor but letting down another team in their hour of glory is probably unforgivable  and Eastbourne fans and riders must be spitting feathers.

On a positive note what a send off for Mr Dugard. They did you proud Sir and best leave it as the finest legacy any team could have made. 

35 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

After virtually a day of reflection, I think the SCB should wipe away the Mildenhall record for this season as if they never existed, and:

• Ban the team (bar Marson) for 12/24  months so they never bother to ride again.

Today, Mildenhall have brought the name of the town and the club into total disrepute.

I really think you need the complete and full story first. As far as I know, you dont really need much of an excuse to miss a meeting as a rider in the NL. After all, it is only semi-proffessional. On the face of it, it does not look great but you need to see full explanation before throwing the barn door at them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stevec said:

I really think you need the complete and full story first. As far as I know, you dont really need much of an excuse to miss a meeting as a rider in the NL. After all, it is only semi-proffessional. On the face of it, it does not look great but you need to see full explanation before throwing the barn door at them.

Mildenhall had accepted the fixture. Barn door>I would throw a whole aircraft hangar at them

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

That’s over the Top, The responsibility lies solely on the Promoters they have a responsibility to put out a competitive team against their fellow Promoters,Mildenhall have failed, 

The most interesting thing to come out of this matter is to see what action the SCB take against the Mildenhall Promoters.

Out of interest who is Jolly’s co-Promotor  

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

You have just confirmed from saying this what an absolute idiot you are

• Like 3

This is another black mark for Speedway. The SCB investigation will come to nothing as there will be no proof of riders being unable to make it, the promotion are supposedly broke so a fine is no good, and Mildenhall won't get suspended as they need all the clubs they can get. If Mildenhall had such a bumper gate last night, they should be made to pay compensation to Eastbourne for Catering ordered, Programmes printed and any other incurred costs.

10 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

This is another black mark for Speedway. The SCB investigation will come to nothing as there will be no proof of riders being unable to make it, the promotion are supposedly broke so a fine is no good, and Mildenhall won't get suspended as they need all the clubs they can get. If Mildenhall had such a bumper gate last night, they should be made to pay compensation to Eastbourne for Catering ordered, Programmes printed and any other incurred costs.

In the NL a rider can be missing for any reason.We had lads with work commitments.If they can't ride,they can't ride.It wasn't like we told Eastbourne on the day that we couldn't get a team together.They knew about it 

What about compensation for the fans who had booked hotels and travel for the fixture that got cancelled for the footy?? 

Sad to read all this. However, Mildenhall all but did the same thing last season to Plymouth. They wanted our fixture cancelled as it was 'meaningless'

They sent a heavily under strength team to the SBA. No Promoter, no Team manager,(although they did enlist the Weymouth SDL sides management) Unsuitable guests galore.

Plymouth riders had a good pay day, 64-26 win,while the Mildenhall contracted riders, Ruddick and Jenkins, conveniently lowered their averages. Therefore costing Plymouth, while the Tigers benefited.

Clubs struggle to find sponsors. Part of the deal is,I am sure, we have 'x' amount of minimal exposure for League fixtures. How can you go back to those same sponsors and say 'we have 'x' number of meetings, thats providing the other teams bother to come down'? This is a serious matter.

Sorry, but it really is not good enough.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Argos said:

That’s over the Top, The responsibility lies solely on the Promoters they have a responsibility to put out a competitive team against their fellow Promoters,Mildenhall have failed, 

The most interesting thing to come out of this matter is to see what action the SCB take against the Mildenhall Promoters.

Out of interest who is Jolly’s co-Promotor  

I see Kevin Jolly is stepping down and the club is up for sale so I doubt there will be much in the way of punishment from the SCB that will have any effect on the current owner.

Edited by hammer1969

24 minutes ago, BobC said:

Sad to read all this. However, Mildenhall all but did the same thing last season to Plymouth. They wanted our fixture cancelled as it was 'meaningless'

They sent a heavily under strength team to the SBA. No Promoter, no Team manager,(although they did enlist the Weymouth SDL sides management) Unsuitable guests galore.

Plymouth riders had a good pay day, 64-26 win,while the Mildenhall contracted riders, Ruddick and Jenkins, conveniently lowered their averages. Therefore costing Plymouth, while the Tigers benefited.

Clubs struggle to find sponsors. Part of the deal is,I am sure, we have 'x' amount of minimal exposure for League fixtures. How can you go back to those same sponsors and say 'we have 'x' number of meetings, thats providing the other teams bother to come down'? This is a serious matter.

Sorry, but it really is not good enough.

Thing is Bob as I'm sure you are aware the few riders who said they'd ride for us at Plymouth last year as a guest wanted a stupid amount of money to do so.We stuck to our budget and what we can afford.What do you suppose we do? Other clubs paying silly then makes the rider think that is the going rate.

Clubs should be fined and deducted points the following season for failing to fufill their fixtures. Speedway has a reputation for allowing promoters to do what they want, regardless of the consequences. Until someone gets a grip, the sport will continue its slide into oblivion.