British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall V Eastbourne NLPO Final 2ng leg 25-10-18@7-30pm

Why don't Eastbourne get some guests in and have a open meeting. They have 7 and need only 5 more to have a 12 man event. Terrible sportsmanship from Mildenhall. Thought they would win everything, and when they don't, decide to ruin another clubs celebration. That's one track I won't bother going to next season.

• Like 1

Ive stopped going to Mildenhall after watching too many horror injuries and farcical track surfaces. However with the club for sale & strong claims of outstanding money from last season who knows if anyone will be able to go next season. 

Huge shame as The Fen Tigers have gone from one of the best teams to not win the league to a bunch of stroppy losers (Danny Ayres apart, we know if he was half fit he would have turned up and rode against Eastbourne on his own)

They certainly seemed sour last night, and there was no mention of not sending a team to Eastie tonight. A disgraceful, unprofessional attitude by the fen tigers. The sport just lurches from one farce to another.

31 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ive stopped going to Mildenhall after watching too many horror injuries and farcical track surfaces. However with the club for sale & strong claims of outstanding money from last season who knows if anyone will be able to go next season. 

Huge shame as The Fen Tigers have gone from one of the best teams to not win the league to a bunch of stroppy losers (Danny Ayres apart, we know if he was half fit he would have turned up and rode against Eastbourne on his own)

respect to matt marson also as i see he was the only rider from last nights team to be making the trip.

• Thanks 1

What a night!

I really dont give two hoots for those that say Eastbourne dont deserve it or are unworthy champions. For the record, I dont agree with play offs and I think the team at the top of the league should be champions. That of course means that Eastbourne would have two more trophies in the cabinet, having twice topped the league but lost the dreaded playoffs.

Well last night was ours. No-one can take it away from us with their spiteful and sour words. We are the Champions. 

And we did it convincingly. We did just scrape by an injury ravaged team. We took at all the way to the last heat for the win on the night by beating there heat leaders (lets remember the guest is capable of scoring 16 round West Row and with our second strings and reserve, beating their reserves, who also fly round their home track. We won convincingly. 

As for MH not fielding a team tonight. maybe its not but it smacks of sour grapes. Hope I am wrong but like others have said, its stopped us being able to celebrate with the boys.

I will finish by saying I really do feel for Mildenhall riders, management and fans. All year I have said, yeh, we will get to the playoffs but I cant see us getting by Mildenhall and I know how it feels to lose the play offs....at the same time as being unsure about your clubs future. It hurts!!

Mildenhall Promoters hold your head in Shame, Absolutely no consideration for your fellow Promoters, You should get a life time ban from all Speedway Clubs,

Lets now all see how the SCB deal with this it will be very interesting 

• Like 2

In mild Mildy defence (and it is very mild) they had put together a team although mostly unattached 3 pointers as clearly they were not prepared to pay any actual guests. But a team would have been travelling to Eastbourne and the opportunity would have been there for fans to celebrate with the home side. The result would most likely have been a full 75-15 or close to it (depending if Powell gave some points away) and not produced any form of spectacle but it was the Eastbourne promotion who pulled the plug. 

Eastbourne know how to issue team orders and there could have been plenty of accidental tape infringements / missed 2 minutes to ensure a minor spectacle could have been created?

56 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In mild Mildy defence (and it is very mild) they had put together a team although mostly unattached 3 pointers as clearly they were not prepared to pay any actual guests. But a team would have been travelling to Eastbourne and the opportunity would have been there for fans to celebrate with the home side. The result would most likely have been a full 75-15 or close to it (depending if Powell gave some points away) and not produced any form of spectacle but it was the Eastbourne promotion who pulled the plug. 

Eastbourne know how to issue team orders and there could have been plenty of accidental tape infringements / missed 2 minutes to ensure a minor spectacle could have been created?

I think their fear, as much as anything is that once the teams were announced, no-one would turn up. The hard core would arrive to celebrate with the club and others would take to facebook to moan about paying their money to watch a one sided match. So, Eastie would lose money and get slagged off!

It's not possible to open the gates and charge fans £13 to watch that line up. If it was free entry, they might get away with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevec said:

I think their fear, as much as anything is that once the teams were announced, no-one would turn up. The hard core would arrive to celebrate with the club and others would take to facebook to moan about paying their money to watch a one sided match. So, Eastie would lose money and get slagged off!

Oh dont disagree with Eastbourne for a financial view as a low gate and huge rider wages would almost certainly be a loss. Even at £10 a point the Eagles were facing a £700+ bill and with 100 fans turning up max at a reduced £10 entry its still never going to be viable.

A fantastic performance over the two legs and Eastbourne are worthy league champions. I have been watching Eastbourne since 1976 so I have seen the rough and the smooth with the club so I know only too well how Mildenhall fans feel and I have the upmost respect for the team and how they have performed this season.

If the league format was different they would be deserved  winners of the league but its a play off system, its about developing riders and getting a team into form at the right time with a sprinkling of luck over four meetings, thats taking nothing away from either team.

As for tonight, shame on Mildenhall..

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1

I don't think it's sour grapes fwiw. We said ahead of the meeting last night that we didn't have any of lads available bar 1.If we couldn't get anyone for the playoff final on a Sunday,we were never likely to get guests for a Friday night tbh. I've said elsewhere even last night Kinsley didn't get to the track until near on 7 due to work commitments. 

It should never have come down to having to run the meeting this eve anyway.Calling the original off for the footy was a poor decision.I could have watched the game at home,travelled over 2 hours to Eastbourne and still watched the meeting.

Congrats to Eastbourne who were the better team over the 2 legs of both league and koc. Can only think of what could have been had we had our full 7 out. I guess we will never know.

Regardless of any results I'm now more concerned that last night was the last time we will see Mildenhall in existence. Hope a buyer can be found but I have very slim hopes unfortunately :(

51 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

I don't think it's sour grapes fwiw. We said ahead of the meeting last night that we didn't have any of lads available bar 1.If we couldn't get anyone for the playoff final on a Sunday,we were never likely to get guests for a Friday night tbh. I've said elsewhere even last night Kinsley didn't get to the track until near on 7 due to work commitments. 

It should never have come down to having to run the meeting this eve anyway.Calling the original off for the footy was a poor decision.I could have watched the game at home,travelled over 2 hours to Eastbourne and still watched the meeting.

Congrats to Eastbourne who were the better team over the 2 legs of both league and koc. Can only think of what could have been had we had our full 7 out. I guess we will never know.

Regardless of any results I'm now more concerned that last night was the last time we will see Mildenhall in existence. Hope a buyer can be found but I have very slim hopes unfortunately :(

I've genuinely always thought you talk a lot of sense (& still do), adz_mft.

I know all teams have been known to pull flankers & you're right about the footy thing - a poor decision (as many said at the time).

But regarding tonight - it's stretching it just a tad for 4 riders to be "unavailable" & if so, Mildy would've surely known days ago. Worth mentioning perhaps that Eastie are going to Buxton & Stoke just 3 days before the seasons end, ensuring those teams won't be financially penalised.

The matches against Mildy have been a highlight this season & looking at the bigger picture it would be grim if they or any other team folded.

Some radical decisions need to be made this winter for the whole of the sport.

1 minute ago, mmmmethanol said:

I've genuinely always thought you talk a lot of sense (& still do), adz_mft.

I know all teams have been known to pull flankers & you're right about the footy thing - a poor decision (as many said at the time).

But regarding tonight - it's stretching it just a tad for 4 riders to be "unavailable" & if so, Mildy would've surely known days ago. Worth mentioning perhaps that Eastie are going to Buxton & Stoke just 3 days before the seasons end, ensuring those teams won't be financially penalised.

The matches against Mildy have been a highlight this season & looking at the bigger picture it would be grim if they or any other team folded.

Some radical decisions need to be made this winter for the whole of the sport.

And we should catch up again soon..