British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Well if Ged doesnt sell you can start with Ully and Lambert ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

We should continue with Sunday racing, it's the only sustainable way to continue. 

Sunday afternoons attract the general public and families, looking for something to do on the weekend. 

Weekday evenings are not good. 

Would like to see as many of the existing team as possible. Maybe with the exception of Ulrich who would maybe benefit from a move elsewhere. 

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well if Ged doesnt sell you can start with Ully and Lambert ;)

Maybe Matt Fords taking it over, using Peterborough as his Championship feeder team 

I hope a new promoter comes in and takes us back to the top tier of british speedway. 

What i expect to happen is to see us line up in a watered down championship with a fairly similar team that won us the league. I'd certainly move Ostergaard on but under Ged it just won't happen. 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I hope a new promoter comes in and takes us back to the top tier of british speedway. 

What i expect to happen is to see us line up in a watered down championship with a fairly similar team that won us the league. I'd certainly move Ostergaard on but under Ged it just won't happen. 

afternoon . can anyone name a decent number of proper premiership/elite riders that dont double up and can honestly say they are top riders in the uk speedway scene .  

there has got to be about 12 ish . remember no double uppers . 

good luck with your hunt for a person to take over the running of Peterborough speedway  in 2019 .

3 hours ago, jenga said:

afternoon . can anyone name a decent number of proper premiership/elite riders that dont double up and can honestly say they are top riders in the uk speedway scene .  

there has got to be about 12 ish . remember no double uppers . 

good luck with your hunt for a person to take over the running of Peterborough speedway  in 2019 .

Kenneth Bjerre, NKI, Robert Lambert, Josh G, Jack Holder, Jason Doyle

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Kenneth Bjerre, NKI, Robert Lambert, Josh G, Jack Holder, Jason Doyle

NKI, Lambert and Doyle are only standout riders in Elite League rest are Championship standard albeit top end. 

Elite and Championship need to be merged and teams reduced to 5 or 6 riders if necessary. 10-12 heats for league meetings with traditional 2nd half to develop youngsters. 

Current Speedway GB product is pitiful. 

u r spellin is lettin u down and stop swearin ass well .                        B)                                                              s

Edited by jenga
forgot emoji mouse fell off table .

53 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

THJ calling Crump99 come in Crump99 oops sorry it's Peterboro not Mork from Ork... more like "dick from the sticks" But never mind eh...

So you don't drink eh! Well I can make a few assumptions already from that and I only make assumptions on the information I have to hand or can access and prove or approve the source of; and where I do agree with you is where you state that you doubt whether we would have "much in common" as I certainly have never had my head that far up "my own hoop" to ever try and be so condecending, however it takes all sorts but it is good to talk and it is how one expands their knowledge and allows one to make semi reasonable comments and decisions.

You assume that I follow one club with your condescending clap trap of "If we're both running as clubs in 2019 then my unlikely hope would be that we'd be in different leagues anyway so the chances of a catch up would be slim". And the Glasgow fans thought it was only the Monarchs who had the right to be smug.Weĺ it looks like they have lost the franchise on that one eh.

I travel to other venues to watch speedway pal and guess what it's not always one of the two clubs that I loyally follow. If that's allowed of course or if it's ok with you like as I don't want anyone assuming the wrong thing heaven forbid.

So back to where we started ... I still thing Ged is a tosser, (having met him on numerous occasions) (but lets be fair I am not saying he isnt nice to his wife kids pets or plants as I dont know him intimately) and I don't mind Peterborough as a place a club a venue and on the whole the half dozen people I do know from Boro and can call on as friends are genuinely nice people.

So you crack on Biffa making assumptions on what you think you know, like the one about Ged is a lovely bloke, oh but of course I have never spoke to the man and wouldn't lower myself to do so, but how very dare you decry this upstanding citizen even though you have met him many times drank and broke bread with him. I will defend his honour to the end...oh and that too of Charles Manson and Peter Sutcliffe for although I have never met or spoken to those either I think they could be thoroughly decent chaps... ffs... 

Honestly "What a plum"

Regards

THJ

Jeez! Couldn't be bothered to read it but the first line set the usual diplomatic tone, and as you're clearly as mad as a box of frogs I'll bid you good day so don't bother replying although I'm sure that you'll not be able to resist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Jeez! Couldn't be bothered to read it but the first line set the usual diplomatic tone, and as you're clearly as mad as a box of frogs I'll bid you good day so don't bother replying although I'm sure that you'll not be able to resist.

Oh, please reply THJ... He's not given you much to go on though:rofl:

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1