British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside v Workington 27/10/10 play off final 1st leg

I thought I'd better start a thread for this meeting tomorrow. I think the Hammers will need at least a 20 point lead to defend at Worky on sunday. I expect it will be a bit closer than that. Hopefully the afternoon showers that are forecast miss Hoddesdon on Saturday.

• Like 1

Plenty of Comets fans making the long trip down tomorrow, so hopefully the rain does hold off for us! Should probably see a lot of neutrals there also for this one. 

Fingers crossed we can have a repeat of last Friday and see some great racing :)

Mon the mighty comets! :D

Edited by WorkyWorky
  • Like 1

Coming down for this one... been a while since I was last at Rye... really looking forward to what should be an intriguing pair of meetings.... hopefully the Comets can keep it to around 10/12 points... Hammers have some good riders and certainly riders who will go well at Derwent Park... also I hope the Hammers fans will appreciate seeing someone else other than a  Peterborough select... good luck to both teams and let's hope everyone stays safe...

May the best team win as the saying goes

Regards 

THJ

Once knew a lad from Essex,he was into metal detecting,he once dug 4 ft down before realising he was wearing steel cap boots,can't all be crazy though to miss a grand final surely,it may not come around again for more than one reason yourselves and us comets,when it's gone it's gone

• Haha 1

Massive respect to anyone coming down from Cumbria...I know you're made of stern stuff up there, but you might want to bring a jumper.

5 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Massive respect to anyone coming down from Cumbria...I know you're made of stern stuff up there, but you might want to bring a jumper.

some of us only have short sleeved T shirts and 3/4 length pants . but we have wooly hats because we have lots of sheep and hills and wool to make the hats . dont ask where they get the bobbles from. you will never wear a bobble hat again .

hope its a nice day for the travelling marras . !

14 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Cheers but I'm good... got more blubber than a Beluga Whale... might even wear me Borat Mankini... looking forward to me fish an chips at Captain Cod fish an chips spot or 'Captains as it is apparently  now called...

Regards 

THJ 

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cheers but I'm good... got more blubber than a Beluga Whale... might even wear me Borat Mankini... looking forward to me fish an chips at Captain Cod fish an chips spot or 'Captains as it is apparently  now called...

Regards 

THJ 

trying to get that thought out of my head . mankini , jeez .

Aye just think beached whale in an orange bag....

What a catch...

It's enough to put you off your tea... lol

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

got more blubber than a Beluga Whale... 

Regards 

THJ 

Don’t think many will disagree with that :D  

Enjoy, it’s looking like Winterfell is upon us. I would like to see Workington win - they really have surprised against all odds.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Be like a Cumbrian summers day then eh :wink:  

We’ll wrap up well, wishful thinking we dont have to see THJ in a mankini :sad:

17 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Don’t think many will disagree with that :D  

Enjoy, it’s looking like Winterfell is upon us. I would like to see Workington win - they really have surprised against all odds.

Cheers for that (I think) lol

2 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Be like a Cumbrian summers day then eh :wink:  

We’ll wrap up well, wishful thinking we dont have to see THJ in a mankini :sad:

Sounds like a challenge Anika that like and the bad news is if my transport doesn't come through am sitting next to you in the back seat of the car HA HA!!!

OMG!!!

Regards

THJ 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cheers for that (I think) lol

Regards

THJ 

Sorry THJ, I got one letter mixed up ;) All meant in “the best possible taste”!!!  

Go help Workington win the league. 

“It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it” all frigin day......

Edited by Hodgy

Would anyone be able to email me a programme cover scan from both or either of these meetings? Many thanks.

10 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Sorry THJ, I got one letter mixed up ;) All meant in “the best possible taste”!!!  

Go help Workington win the league. 

“It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it” all frigin day......

Thick skin us Beluga Whales Hodgy and all taken in the context it was ment. Just hope your not wearing Black Fishnets a tight red dress, large wig and larger falsies (aka Kenny Everett) whilst typing this.

Or have you been outed... doh!!!

We must be of an age.... with a simlar sense of humour.... 

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1