British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside v Workington 27/10/10 play off final 1st leg

My season ended with the last meeting at Lakeside, had it in mind to get to Rye House at least once or twice but I am glad I have not bothered, tonight will be no exception, its a big meeting but I would rather my lasting memory of the season would be of a happy night at Arena Essex than a long cold night at Rye probably watching very much from the gate racing.

I can't think of what would happen if this meeting was to fall foul of the elements, there is no room for error now, despite the fact this is the best team we have had under the banner of the Hammers for many seasons, its largely been a ghastly season for the sport with endless weeks of having no meetings then when we do get one it takes what feels like a few weeks to get 15 heats completed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

Best thing is, we’ve got glorious sunshine here in Worky right now!!! 

yep , break out yer mankiniis !and ladtkinis .... (spelling) ? 

safe trip to all fans making this this great effort to rye . home and away fans ,,,,,,, both have a journey to get there . 

hope you see some good racing and are entertained tonight .

Edited by jenga

12 minutes ago, marko said:

My season ended with the last meeting at Lakeside, had it in mind to get to Rye House at least once or twice but I am glad I have not bothered, tonight will be no exception, its a big meeting but I would rather my lasting memory of the season would be of a happy night at Arena Essex than a long cold night at Rye probably watching very much from the gate racing.

I can't think of what would happen if this meeting was to fall foul of the elements, there is no room for error now, despite the fact this is the best team we have had under the banner of the Hammers for many seasons, its largely been a ghastly season for the sport with endless weeks of having no meetings then when we do get one it takes what feels like a few weeks to get 15 heats completed.

I guess each to their own...the thing being if most thought like you we would lose the Hammers for good.

You can pass at Rye House( it happened quite often when Nicholls and Harris were there earlier this year), you just need a bit of shale down and not race a meeting after an all day ride and slide session!!

Hard to tell if we will have a lot of showers/or very few looking at all of the weather forecasts available this evening....fingers crossed though.

Let's hope the weather is kind   ....Up the Hammers!

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

yep , break out yer mankiniis !and ladtkinis .... (spelling) ? 

You just stay well covered up thanks Jenga  B)

• Haha 1

On our way now see you all in about 6 hours, gate and go track we’ll feel right at home! :D:rolleyes:

Really hope there’s a big crowd with lots of blue and white for a team that’s struggled as much as we have, every little helps! 

• Like 1

If it's off tonight, i suppose it will have to be run on tuesday night. They can't risk waiting until Wednesday, the last day of the season.

Just wish the tie was at Arena as it would make for a much more competitive pair of meetings overall.

• Like 4

Met Office now showing TORRENTIAL RAIN from 3pm till 9pm at Rye House !

This competition could end up with a "one leg final" at Workington tomorrow.

Should have run this last night, with today as a stand by date. The weather looks to be turning unsettled next week. Sums the season up really.

29 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Should have run this last night, with today as a stand by date. The weather looks to be turning unsettled next week. Sums the season up really.

Yep I agree why could not have been last night ? A Grand Final and the shine taken off it fighting against the weather ...currently we passing Peterborough and pretty wet !  :neutral:

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Yep I agree why could not have been last night ? A Grand Final and the shine taken off it fighting against the weather ...currently we passing Peterborough and pretty wet !  :neutral:

I feel your pain. It's bad enough for me travelling from surrey.

• Like 1

Lakeside have been truly been unlucky with the weather in their short stay at Rye House ... but why oh why are they always running on off nights ? Sunday’s, Saturdays are not traditionally Lakeside speedway nights.  Friday is Lakesides night and as luck would have it Fridays have been dry ! Fingers crossed tonight for all the supporters who are travelling from near and far .......

• Like 1

Fingers crossed they can get this meeting done tonight  A rain off does not bare thinking about from Lakesides point of view

23 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Looking at the radar, we're gonna need some luck.

No chance I would say