British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside v Workington 27/10/10 play off final 1st leg

18 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Thank god we got an end to that... my feet and hands are near frozen off :sad:

Hey come on WorkyWorky none of the supposed southern softies have complained about any inhospitable elements.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

i believe lakeside were looking for a heat advantage in ht 12 and got a reversal 1/5 . so heat 13 was always going to run the regain the 10 point lead . . once they had returned to a 10 point lead they looked at the programme and seen the workington line up and thought it was better 10 points than a heat disadvantage to them selves .

Funnily enough, I joked about the opposite - Workington were happy to go out for another heat after they got a 5-1, but not again after being on the receiving end in heat 13 :D

I actually think we still would have extended the lead overall if we’d completed the meeting, even with the change in conditions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjolnir said:

Funnily enough, I joked about the opposite - Workington were happy to go out for another heat after they got a 5-1, but not again after being on the receiving end in heat 13 :D

I actually think we still would have extended the lead overall if we’d completed the meeting, even with the change in conditions.

i agree with you . if heat 15 had run . but i think we had a great chance of getting a heat advantage from ht 14 .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

Kyle Newman was the only rider who went out for heat 14.He was then told to return to the pits.

was going off updates site 

it said red lights on RIDERS heading back to pits 

14 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Hey come on WorkyWorky none of the supposed southern softies have complained about any inhospitable elements.

Was a shame not to see you there SteelShoe :wink: you missed out on doing a rain dance! 

The meeting could have swung either way in those last two heats, but common sense prevailed, safety comes first. Both teams of riders in agreement on that without doubt. :t:

Sad to see a playoff final have such an empty feeling there tonight, not much atmosphere and a poor crowd... not helped by poor viewing and a poor racing track. 

Bring on tomorrow back at the holy grail full of noise and excitement, can we pull it back? Soon find out!!! 

Give us a C..:party:

Edited by WorkyWorky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WorkyWorky said:

Sad to see a playoff final have such an empty feeling there tonight, not much atmosphere and a poor crowd... not helped by poor viewing and a poor racing track. 

It’s been a tough, tough season for fans and club this year, in so many ways. So much optimism at the start of the season :(

Good result to set up a great 2nd leg

Worky have overcome significantly bigger deficits but I think Lakeside may be a tougher nut to crack

Can see it going down to the last heat or two with Worky just nicking it

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

It’s been a tough, tough season for fans and club this year, in so many ways. So much optimism at the start of the season :(

The move to Rye has sapped the life out of me, and I'm not a Lakeside fan. Rain offs, delays, abandoned meetings and a power cut, have put the finishing touches to the worst season in my living memory.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Good result to set up a great 2nd leg

Worky have overcome significantly bigger deficits but I think Lakeside may be a tougher nut to crack

Can see it going down to the last heat or two with Worky just nicking it

I can see Workington scoring between 55 and 58 points tomorrow night.  Lakeside simply don't have a big enough lead. 

Workington deserve a long-awaited league title.  I hope they do it.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone know if Tero is guesting for us tomorrow at home or if that's not allowed?? I can't keep up with all the guesting rules.

If not is there any other decent guest available or is Ty going to have to ride?

(Personally I think the guesting rules should have allowed us to bring in a single rider for all the remaining gigs once Ty was injured)

the thread for the return leg has been locked so we cant post on there 

we will need to start a fresh 1 

personlay I think the return leg is far from safe 

Lawson and morris if on form could easily go unbeaten 

but the home form recently most will be expecting another easy victory for Workington 

we can only hope so at this stage

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

but the home form recently most will be expecting another easy victory for Workington 

Perhaps Rob Godfrey dictated that a Worky thread could not be started on a Friday......;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Anyone know if Tero is guesting for us tomorrow at home or if that's not allowed?? I can't keep up with all the guesting rules.

If not is there any other decent guest available or is Ty going to have to ride?

(Personally I think the guesting rules should have allowed us to bring in a single rider for all the remaining gigs once Ty was injured)

Yes Tero tomorrow in place of Dan Bewley, R/R for Ty 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

I agree. I'm worried that coming back from so many big deficits will lead to some complacency and this Lakeside team will be up for it and they have a strong top end. 
We need a 4-2 five times just to draw level and I'm sure they will get some heat advantages.
A bad night for a rider (we've had some of them), a tape break, a bike failure, a bad ref decision and things can change quickly.

Far far from over in my opinion.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 3

The rain killed the momentum for Lakeside. All ifs and buts.

At least we saw some racing and the Workington fans didn't have a wasted trip.

A showpiece event it was not but the threat of rain and the cold unfortunately had it's day and nobody can be blamed for that.

Lakeside have had a torrid season off the track but on it, they have been magnificent. 

Is 10 points enough? Anything can happen in a final and i expect the boys to raise it.

Good luck all round. 

• Like 1