British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside v Workington 27/10/10 play off final 1st leg

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Thick skin us Beluga Whales Hodgy and all take in the context it was ment. Just hope your not wearing Black Fishnets a tight red dress, large wig and larger falsies (aka Kenny Everett) whilst typing this.

Or have you been outed... doh!!!

We must be of an age.... with a simlar sense of humour.... 

Regards 

THJ

Your memory is much better than mine, also very clear and descriptive...mmmmmmmmm. Have you been outed? 

Never an Everett fan, all too cheesy. Only remember one funny sketch that involved a sheep. 

7 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Your memory is much better than mine, also very clear and descriptive...mmmmmmmmm. Have you been outed? 

Never an Everett fan, all too cheesy. Only remember one funny sketch that involved a sheep. 

Marra if you like sheep you qualify as an honorary Cumbrian!!! Honest... just ask Jenga....

And if you have ever seen the film Under Siege when Gary Busey as Comander Krill dons a dress that would be me. 

Frightening thought... yuk... ha ha... am an ugly mug in a pair of jeans an a tee shirt so the last thing ya wanna see is me in a frock...

Regards

THJ 

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Marra if you like sheep you qualify as an honorary Cumbrian!!! Honest... just ask Jenga....

And if you have ever seen the film Under Siege when Gary Busey as Comander Krill dons a dress that would be me. 

Frightening thought... yuk... ha ha... am an ugly mug in a pair of jeans an a tee shirt so the last thing ya wanna see is me in a frock...

Regards

THJ 

aye , , dont knock it ,till youve tried it . its bound to be on your bucket list. 

herd it was the first on your list to be crossed off .  ............(heard)

2 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

Massive respect to anyone coming down from Cumbria...I know you're made of stern stuff up there, but you might want to bring a jumper.

Been a few seasons since I’ve been to Rye House , so let’s hope the showers are kind and fly over , long way to come for no Speedway ! We are used to jumpers up in arctic Cumbria :) I would imagine it will feel quite tropical . Our boys need to keep it close if they can ,be chuffed with 10/12 .  My nerves are shattered having to pull back 18/28 points :D  Stay safe guys we will be there cheering you on :t:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

aye , , dont knock it ,till youve tried it . its bound to be on your bucket list. 

herd it was the first on your list to be crossed off .  ............(heard)

Ya definitely hard of hearing... honest...

2 hours ago, Hodgy said:

"Anyway Michael he then ravished me" The beard and boobs were something else in fact "in the best possible taste"

And who can forget the character Cupid Stunt for our younger viewers yes it really was allowed on telly in the 70s

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

And who can forget the character Cupid Stunt for our younger viewers yes it really was allowed on telly in the 70s

I only realised the meaning of this character a couple of years ago, even though I was a big Everett fan..I felt such a Stupid *unt. :oops: 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ 

Thanks for the offer but not needed. My blood line is all Cumbrian, unfortunately, my bloody selfish parwents (The Young Ones or Harry Enfield) work options went south therefore hatched far away.

Always enjoy a Cumbrian Shank.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NickRushbrook said:

Looking forward to this!

Fair play to the supporters coming so far. 

Hopefully be a great occasion and a win for the Hammers.

Let’s hope those showers do one :) long bloody way to come for tea and a pint :drink: Come on The Mighty Comets !

Gonna be hit and miss weather wise tonight. Let's hope after three rain offs at Rye, the Hammers get lucky staging this one.

Hoping the showers are few and light and that all the riders stay safe..I think we all want  a result that is fair to both sides and some good racing on what will undoubtably be a very cold night..wrap up warm..........

44 minutes ago, waco said:

Hoping the showers are few and light and that all the riders stay safe..I think we all want  a result that is fair to both sides and some good racing on what will undoubtably be a very cold night..wrap up warm..........

Best thing is, we’ve got glorious sunshine here in Worky right now!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Gonna be hit and miss weather wise tonight. Let's hope after three rain offs at Rye, the Hammers get lucky staging this one.

Yet again forecasters cannot agree and the BBC cannot even agree with itself. The summary says dry all day but the weather map has heavy rain (and snow!) pushing in from 4pm and moved away by 10pm. Met Office shows heavy rain from 6 to 8pm whilst Metcheck predicts light rain from mid-afternoon onwards.

I hope we can pull off a win and enough to mount a challenge tomorrow. Nick and Richard will have to be in top form and Adam less twitchy at the gate. Ben will need to carry forward last Wednesday's form and at least half a dozen points from Zach. Alfie should manage a few which leaves Kyle to up his game. Surely he must have learnt by now that charging up the inside on this circuit gets you nowhere.