British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Col said:

Also Jakub Miskowiak and Karol Zupinski named as track reserves & Krister Gardell as referee.

Miskowiak is odd, he's the poorer of the two Czestchowa reserves, his greatest moment that I'm aware of is being overtaken by Emil Sayfutdinov's wall of death in the league match at the SGP Arena Częstochowa the day after the Warsaw GP.  Żupiński appears to ride for Gdańsk for whom he is averaging under 5 pts a meeting (1.024 a ride) in Nice 1.LŻ.  Can anyone shed any light on those track reserve choices.  Surely Dominik Kubera & Wiktor Lampart are better prospects?

Kubera was reserve at Warsaw but didn't ride, Lampart has been ignored totally.

Miskowiak is the current (surprise) U21 Polish Champion, although totally out of shape in recent weeks. Still, I can see why he'd be picked as a reward for winning the title. Zupinski? One of the many reasonably talented Polish youngsters. Gdansk is not very far from Torun, maybe that's what they looked at.

Miedzinski is a bad joke in every aspect. Not picking Kubera who's the World U21 Championship leader blows my mind.

Edited by eM_Pe
  • Like 1

It's the final round of the U21 World Championship on the Friday night in Pardubice - I assume that's why the wildcard/reserves are erm odd.

I assume Miedzinski will be unleashed upon anyone who threatens Zmarzlik's title ;)

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:19 AM, racers and royals said:

For anyone going - Bydgoszcz are putting on an individual meeting the   International Bydgoszcz Championship for the Cup of the Mayor of Bydgoszcz on Sunday October 6th at 2.30pm

No riders announced yet.

Could you keep us updated when riders get announced please

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rico said:

It's the final round of the U21 World Championship on the Friday night in Pardubice - I assume that's why the wildcard/reserves are erm odd.

That did occur to me afterwards, Lambert is however riding in both meetings.

22 hours ago, Col said:

Adrian Miedzinski named as wildcard, who's he gonna nobble?

We'll see if he will be fit. Had to give the Swedish finals a miss due to injury. Gleb Chugonov would have been an interesting chouice
but he is Russian so that wasn't going to happen anyway.

20 hours ago, H20 said:

Could you keep us updated when riders get announced please

Kamil Brzozowski, Marcin Jędrzejewski, Josh Grajczonek, Dimitri Berge, Andriey Kudriaszov, Vadim Tarasienko, and Brady Kurtz confirmed so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

We'll see if he will be fit. Had to give the Swedish finals a miss due to injury. Gleb Chugonov would have been an interesting chouice
but he is Russian so that wasn't going to happen anyway.

Real injury or 'Sweden injury' ?

3 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Real injury or 'Sweden injury' ?

I don't know. He crashed in Poland the past Sunday and was supposed to have injured his shoulder and back.
Perhaps nothing major but till enough to keep him away from racing for a little while.

Really disappointing with the wild card, should have gone to one of the young poles, still looking forward to the weekend.

34 minutes ago, severnsider said:

As Miedzinski is said to be rejoining Torun I assume that the GP wildcard was part of the deal 

Who does choose a GP wildcard.?

The host country I believe.

Up to my best knowledge (all unofficial) the Polish speedway authorities wanted to put Kubera forward, but Torun decided to go for Miedziński, an out of shape 34-year-old.

An SGP wild card as an argument to convince someone that Ekstraliga is too demanding for them and he should step one league down... I don't even know where to start.

7 minutes ago, Sp33dwayg4l said:

Heading out on Friday and a bit concerned over the weather!!... could it get called off if the rain continues? TIA

It does have a roof which covers 80% of the track.

• Like 1