British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, paulboy said:

They really are a painful listen!

Tatum's slurring and spluttering has picked up with Pearson's shouting, if it goes down to the final I might have to switch off the volume.

• Like 2

Been a very good GP and gone further than expected before Zmarzlik has got there.

I like Tatum and Pearce. No issues with them at all. Both enthusiastic and it comes across in their commentary.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

You know, I'm really not sure about this watering tonight. With a greasy and patchy surface, surely that isn't helping Zmarzlik, particularly with his style of riding.

TRACK watering has been a bone of contention this year, especially in a bitterly cold stadium. Earlier this season, in Wroclaw, the local guys stepped in and took over track preparation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Been a very good GP and gone further than expected before Zmarzlik has got there.

I like Tatum and Pearce. No issues with them at all. Both enthusiastic and it comes across in their commentary.

The subject’s been done to death, each to their own, I think they’re dreadful!

• Like 1

I believe it’s been overwatered tonight with the guys who come out the heat after watering at a disadvantage.

Yeh I enjoy em, anyone understand how Freddie got last qualifer

• Like 1

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

TRACK watering has been a bone of contention this year, especially in a bitterly cold stadium. Earlier this season, in Wroclaw, the local guys stepped in and took over track preparation. 

I just don't understand the way it has been done tonight. We had a similar situation a couple of GP's back (I can't remember which one), and Phil made sure the graders went round for a few more laps to ensure a more even surface.

As I said, I just didn't think this was a great idea if they wanted to help Zmarzlik...

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I believe it’s been overwatered tonight with the guys who come out the heat after watering at a disadvantage.

Absolutely. Plus a patchy surface could prove Zmarzlik's downfall with the way he rides.

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

I just don't understand the way it has been done tonight. We had a similar situation a couple of GP's back (I can't remember which one), and Phil made sure the graders went round for a few more laps to ensure a more even surface.

As I said, I just didn't think this was a great idea if they wanted to help Zmarzlik...

IF it was Wroclaw then it wasn't the RD but the local guys. I am no expert and on the few occasions when I actually acted as RD (SGP and SWC) I always bowed to the local guys when it came to track preparation. Was a few complaints at Cardiff from the riders as well.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

FFS.

Instead of letting hear the Polish crowd bring him home we had to listen to that idiot shouting. He really is a woeful commentator.

• Like 1

What a genuine guy Madsen is. One of the first out to congratulate Zmarzlik. Proper sportsman who gets unfair flack.

• Like 5

Woffinden cocked that up. Got through then let it slip.

A worthy winner as all are when you win a season long Championship. .

Fair play to Madsen, gave it a real go but I suspect maybe he just rides so much better under no pressure so something for him to work on for next year..

Truly an outstanding first go at it though and next year I am sure he won't have such a mid season dip if he finds himself leading...

Yet again another very good GP....

Amazing how good the calibre of rider is at this level..

Roll on 2020...

(Let's have one at the NSS)... ;)