British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

plus 4 picks(Woffinden, Hancock + 2)

I still remain convinced there is no justification for an aging Hancock, he will not add anything to the SGP. However, I guess that was why Monster ensure he was in Cardiff to go on TV to say he wants a place.

• Like 4

well done Zmarzlik, and what a good championship we've had all year i think

Edited by stevehone

46 minutes ago, chunky said:

Pish!

It's EASY to win a GP series! One-off World Finals were far better, and really showed the better riders!

The calibre of rider at this level today is crap! These riders wouldn't even have been good enough to get in a BL team in the 60's and 70's!

(At least, that's what I read on the BSF...) :party:

That's what I meant... :D

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing for sure. The old guard has finally been completely blown away.

True.

Absolutely no place for Hancock.

• Like 3

How uninterested did Zagar look in his final ride(from gate 1), a point would have took him level with Dudek, but a last saved a pick for the commitee

4 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

As much as I like Zmarzlik and Madsen, Emil is the best speedway rider in the world

I wouldn’t dismiss your claim, but he has to prove it by winning the top trophy.

Of the three, the one that stands out clearly to me is Madsen. He is carrying an injury that affected him badly for a couple meetings, sadly the results in those meetings robbed him of being champion. He has proved, to me at least, he not just a hater, he can race. He has a great personality too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I wouldn’t dismiss your claim, but he has to prove it by winning the top trophy.

Of the three, the one that stands out clearly to me is Madsen. He is carrying an injury that affected him badly for a couple meetings, sadly the results in those meetings robbed him of being champion. He has proved, to me at least, he not just a hater, he can race. He has a great personality too.

We agree on something! Madsen is clearly the best rider in the world at this time but injury cost him this year. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

As much as I like Zmarzlik and Madsen, Emil is the best speedway rider in the world

The problem with Emil is he keeps dropping points at critical times in meetings, how many times has he made the wrong gate choice or ended up with the worst gate in Semi- Finals or finals ? These things have cost him 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Great GP, Madsen one bad GP was the difference, but credit to Zmarszlik.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We agree on something! Madsen is clearly the best rider in the world at this time but injury cost him this year. 

How costly was running out of fuel in Malilla

• Like 2

Just now, iainb said:

How costly was running out of fuel in Malilla

Forgot about that, love to have been in the pits to hear what went on.

Overall, really enjoyed tonights GP, with plenty up for grabs, and several heats with close racing / passing. The fact that after 5/6 months, the destiny of the World Championship wasn't finally decided until the penultimate heat made for a good finale.

Congrats to Bartosz. Thought Tai might squeeze into the final, but looked to throw it away in his semi, so very disappointing, but at least he got better as the meeting went on.

As for the GP vs. One-off debate, referenced by chunky, this will no doubt rumble on, but it's somewhat divisive to compare them really, as they are two different beasts, and there's a lot more behind where we are now than meets the eye, i.e. the myriad commercial aspects of a World Championship.

Well done Bartosz thoroughly deserves his world No 1 status, also a great GP debut from Marsden and a fantastic 21pt Max last night. 

Zmarzlik was a deserved winner without any doubt.

close battle for the top three..

i would like to see the SGP qualifiers to be only for non SGP riders to breathe fresh life into the SGP for the next year and also intensify the importance of being in the top 8.

17 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Zmarzlik was a deserved winner without any doubt.

close battle for the top three..

i would like to see the SGP qualifiers to be only for non SGP riders to breathe fresh life into the SGP for the next year and also intensify the importance of being in the top 8.

Need the best 15 riders. That would do me.

• Like 1