British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Zmarzlik was a deserved winner without any doubt.

close battle for the top three..

i would like to see the SGP qualifiers to be only for non SGP riders to breathe fresh life into the SGP for the next year and also intensify the importance of being in the top 8.

You may end up with 3 riders who really shouldnt be there.   Fresh life will be breathed into the competition when riders are good enough to qualify.  Maybe top 4 in the Challenge go to next years GP, and only 3 wild cards.

Hancock, was fifth in 2018 and would have ridden this year but for circumstances most people with a bit of empathy would understand. 

But for injury in 2017, he has been in the top six since 2002, including three world titles since 2011. 

Think that means he adds something to the series and to insinuate he only came over to Cardiff to get his face on screen and make sure he got his wild card place is a bit low.

i think a year out the sport means he’ll probably really struggle, but if there’s one rider who can overcome it, Hancock is the man and he deserves the chance. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, racers and royals said:

For anyone going - Bydgoszcz are putting on an individual meeting the   International Bydgoszcz Championship for the Cup of the Mayor of Bydgoszcz on Sunday October 6th at 2.30pm

No riders announced yet.

Thanks for mentioning this, wouldn’t have known otherwise. So along we went and enjoyed some close racing with lots of passing. A couple of withdrawals during the meeting meant some races were run with three riders as there were no reserves, but overall well worth the visit. Jaimon Lidsey won the meeting with 14 points from 5 rides, beaten only by Andreas Lyger who eventually finished third following a run off with Dimitri Bergé after they finished tied on 13.

Meanwhile back at Toruń the racing again was excellent. Leon Madsen’s performance was top drawer and beyond, but of course overshadowed by Bartoz Zmarzlik winning the whole shooting match. Madsen next year will take some stopping if he returns fit and remains injury free. Congratulations to Zmarzlik though who Is a worthy champion. Would like to see Sayfutdinov or Madsen win next year, and see Woffinden back to his best.

As for the Greg Hancock debate, to deny him a wild card after all he has put into the sport would have been a travesty in my humble opinion. I get the young blood argument, but I’m just a sentimentalist that enjoys watching experience.

Edited by Tactical Joker

Zmarzlik is a worthy Champion,but Madsen is the rider of the Championship for me,the number of passes he made during the series was fantastic.Wildcards will be interesting.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Who was the last rider to get a full max in a sgp? Feels like a king time since in last happened.

Greg Hancock, Melbourne 2015 

(and before that Hampel, Stockholm 2014)

Back from my first Torun experience and I had the time of my life . Lovely city , amazing stadium , brilliant GP and cheap beer . Also I loved the sausages at the stadium too . Roll on next year 

5 hours ago, Paulco said:

Back from my first Torun experience and I had the time of my life . Lovely city , amazing stadium , brilliant GP and cheap beer . Also I loved the sausages at the stadium too . Roll on next year 

Agree with the above Paul but last time I was there the sausage was awful.

Zmarzlik is no doubt a deserving champion. It was only a question of time with him. But my favourite was Madsen. Stunning riding and second with a two point gap to number one on his first year is nothing but impressive. My money was on Lindgren at the start of the season, but I am far from disapointed at the outcome. Too many boring rounds, though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Agree with the above Paul but last time I was there the sausage was awful.

Maybe they're an acquired taste , but I loved them