British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

2nd leg play off final

2 minutes ago, Scott0311 said:

Cheers Scott, should be online then, happy days.  

Who is that rider in your avatar mate, I keep thinking Eric Broadbelt, although not synonymous with Poole I recall he did ride there for a spell. Or is it Odd Fossengen?

Agreed Jenga but I'm unsure.

Oh well, 3 more minutes of Rackmananof (sp) and the moment of truth will be upon us, broadcast due to begin at 18.45 according to the link r&r provided, I've a niggling doubt that it will be available online but we'll see.

RE Danny Phillips.

The 2018 speedway season is over and done with.  What has been said  about him is now consigned to the history books. It is about time that  all the debates about him are finished. IF  Danny wants to ride next year he should be able to do so without any reference to this years scores etc.  so just leave the lad to decide What He Wants To Do

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Cheers Scott, should be online then, happy days.  

Who is that rider in your avatar mate, I keep thinking Eric Broadbelt, although not synonymous with Poole I recall he did ride there for a spell. Or is it Odd Fossengen?

It is the mighty Eric Broadbelt. My first speedway hero when he came to Poole in 1974 - with the Pirates for 4 seasons and can honestly say that I still have not seen a more exciting rider.

4 minutes ago, archie21 said:

RE Danny Phillips.

The 2018 speedway season is over and done with.  What has been said  about him is now consigned to the history books. It is about time that  all the debates about him are finished. IF  Danny wants to ride next year he should be able to do so without any reference to this years scores etc.  so just leave the lad to decide What He Wants To Do

I've just checked all 4 pages of this thread and there isn't one mention of Danny Phillips, until you arrived. So what's your point?

• Like 1

Just now, Scott0311 said:

It is the mighty Eric Broadbelt. My first speedway hero when he came to Poole in 1974 - with the Pirates for 4 seasons and can honestly say that I still have not seen a more exciting rider.

Nice one, I watched him come through the ranks from Rochdale through to the main body of the Aces team, proper team man I always thought, slotted in well with Pusey, Wilkinson et al.  Can't remember if it was just a transfer or whether rider control meant he had to go.  He wore green leathers with red, white and possibly black stripes down the arms & legs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott0311 said:

Eric can be seen every week in the Craven Suite at Belle Vue meetings.  He also sponsors a heat in the programme via his business in Padiham.

• Like 1

Seems like we're in business with the commentary, sounds like they are trackside even though nobody has told them they are now 'live'.

edit, spoke too soon, it's gone off now.

Edited by nw42

All the best to Workington tonight in  your BIG Final.

Sorry I  have got the wrong site, my mistake it should have been on Scunthorps page . Have booked an appointment at speck savers.

30 minutes ago, nw42 said:

I've just checked all 4 pages of this thread and there isn't one mention of Danny Phillips, until you arrived. So what's your point?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, archie21 said:

Sorry I  have got the wrong site, my mistake it should have been on Scunthorps page . Have booked an appointment at speck savers.

No worries, you may as well stay now, pull up a chair and follow the meeting here, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/motorsport/45993727      , link courtesy of racers & royals.

• Like 1

Listening....wish I could watch...