British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

2nd leg play off final

Well chuffed for comets, a big well done, I'm a comets fan but thought it was a poor show for the few Lakeside fans that took the long journey that Messer's Lawson and Morris plus one other did not show to receive a runners up medal !!

• Like 2

Very big of mr lawson and mr morris to collect their losers medal last night NOT! Now if only those extra fans their last night would come every week future solved !

• Like 3

I heard a figure of just under 1100 for the attendence - ia that correct?

Well done Worky

Congratulations to Workington you would have won over two legs even if we was at Arena. Shame we couldn’t put up any fight whatsoever though. The best team won.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Maybe that was the figure 30 mins before tapes up you were given........

.....the Grandstand was well packed and holds 1000..so let's, as a conservative guess, say 900 in there.....the 1st and 2nd bends were well populated, as was the back straight - popular side of stadium...it's not easy to guesstimate of course but the figure looked more like 2000 to me....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was listening to radio Cumbria last night and that is what they where saying.Nice to listen to the commentary for a change and well done Worky League champions,go on do the treble now.

• Thanks 1

1100 is reasonable, but they probably would have got double that 14/15 years ago.

I'd guess 1300-1500, but I am not very familiar with the stadium so it is a very rough estimate.

1100 may be a fair figure for adult admissions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I'd guess 1300-1500, but I am not very familiar with the stadium so it is a very rough estimate.

1100 may be a fair figure for adult admissions

If it's like Swindon, who don't include a few hundred guests, sponsors, volunteers, hangers on and cheapskates in their figure.

Congratulations to Workington. I was one of those who thought it looked a poor team at the start of the season but happy to be proved wrong.

Nice to see Bickley making another good contribution last night. Credit to the Workington management for sticking with him earlier in the year when he was struggling. I know they said at the start of the season there was no pressure on him but that's often said by teams and that rider is then the first to make way for changes. He's ended up more than playing his part in this success.

• Like 5