British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

2nd leg play off final

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The Hodderston Hammers (or someting similar) will be back next year. Hopefully something both sets of fans can rally around to make the sport more viable. Also I was surprised how much Rye had changed since my last visit (the year before they went elite) and I take back all the Bravardo bull about being a rough tough Northerner who could withstand the cold... it was bloody freezing and my knees are still cold to the touch and that was after driving back with them jammed into the car heater.... Brrrrr.

Regards 

THJ

Possibly but that’s not for me personally, Arena Essex / Lakeside was my club. My last memory will be the win over Glasgow in front of a big crowd.

Edited by liam
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bri1966 said:

The second leg should only be 13 heats 

dont worry , it will all be over by then . 

• Like 2

Someone mentioned on another thread that BBC Radio Cumbria will be covering tonight's meeting, I'd love to follow it, especially since Stoney will be part of the broadcast, but I live outside their coverage area and am unsure if the will broadcast it online,  often live commentaries in my area (Manchester) are restricted to fm/DABanyone know?   If not I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

Hope you all get to see a great meeting.

Edited by nw42

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

anyone know who the ref is tonight

stewie  wilson , ( you know what to do stewie marra )   :t:

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

Someone mentioned on another thread that BBC Radio Cumbria will be covering tonight's meeting, I'd love to follow it, especially since Stoney will be part of the broadcast, but I live outside their coverage area and am unsure if the will broadcast it online,  often live commentaries in my area (Manchester) are restricted to fm/DABanyone know?   If not I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

keep turning the tune in dial , you may get lucky .look on bbc radio cumbria site . or just the updates . best of luck .

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

try this see if it works 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiocumbria

Just now, scaramanga said:

try this see if it works 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiocumbria

Thanks yeah I'm on there anyway but no mention of it, will just wait and see what comes on after 19.00, currently playing classical music, quite relaxing as it happens, nice backdrop to 606, just need a smoking jacket and a glass of brandy, sorted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

Thanks yeah I'm on there anyway but no mention of it, will just wait and see what comes on after 19.00, currently playing classical music, quite relaxing as it happens, nice backdrop to 606, just need a smoking jacket and a glass of brandy, sorted.

7.30 start . hope you get lucky .

just awaiting the rollscanhardly  pick up . not as cold , but still put the W/warmer on .

Edited by jenga