British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Surely if you cough up the bond, that should entitle you to a seat at the table. A sport like speedway needs fresh ideas, not the same old voices.

You said it was hard to argue with anything in the previous post and I pointed out that it wasn't. Everyone else already in the BSPA has a bond placed, so why not, and don't forget the existing members were responsible for the organisation "worts and all" that the new guy wants to buy into. 2 years yes, against 3 years for me

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Surely if you cough up the bond, that should entitle you to a seat at the table. A sport like speedway needs fresh ideas, not the same old voices.

You do have a seat at the table and you are entitled to add ideas and discuss the ideas of others, but a 2 year wait to wait to vote on it seems fair to me. Their good ideas can still be put on the table, commented on and voted on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

I do remember back about a decade ago one Danish club ran a few meetings in Germany at Jübek.Long track.Faint memories that they had a few Dutch speedway championship meetings at Moorwinkelsdamm as well.

Think they had one Nordic final there and those Haribo meetings with the golden teddy Bear

It’s called co-operation, thats what can make things happen. :lol:  But lets say I buy a page in Spar and tell I’ll be running the Finnish final at Eastbourne in 2020 with Finnish riders under SML...

And for the record, todays lottery is not done yet!

Speedway as we all have known for yrs is in massive trouble

You only have to look round most stadiums to realise its all old folks mainly attending

• Like 1

Riders like Harris(sorry to use him as a example) need to get another job and get paid at weekends to enjoy riding there bikes

16 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I don't know what the bond is, but presume you either place a certain amount of money into a speedway trust or you pledge/guarantee a certain amount of money?  

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, bigred said:

BMR should not be allowed a licence until all money’s are paid to this years riders end of.

If and that's a big IF there is money outstanding to any riders then just take it out of the bond (it is suggested a bond is well into 5 figures).So we can all presume there is no money outstanding now!!

22 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

I am sure you are right but.

What could the BSPA do if for example an overseas club (German, Dutch, French etc.) decided to rent a track in the U.K. and put racing on using licensed riders from their own country? Racing under their own country rules and not using riders attached to U.K. clubs I cannot see that it would be anything to do with the BSPA. A bit like American football renting Wembley albeit not as grand.

If a track owner wants to rent the stadia out to the highest bidder and that bidder is an overseas club which can arrange all the necessary insurances, medical cover etc. who could stop it happening?

It is just a thought and I have not drilled down to the cost etc. but would it be a restriction of trade if the BSPA tried to block it?

What a great suggestion.

How about Rye House entering the Polish league, I would guess the Polish would love to have access to all the polish people in England, afterall there has been mutterings about a European League for some years. What could the BSPA do, ban Woffinden, Dudek, Zmarzlik, Hancock, Pedersen Holder C, etc etc

22 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

If and that's a big IF there is money outstanding to any riders then just take it out of the bond (it is suggested a bond is well into 5 figures).So we can all presume there is no money outstanding now!!

No so, according to Chris Harris.

18 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Yeah, but dullards like Chapman and Godfrey see that the other way round.

32 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

What a great suggestion.

How about Rye House entering the Polish league, I would guess the Polish would love to have access to all the polish people in England, afterall there has been mutterings about a European League for some years. What could the BSPA do, ban Woffinden, Dudek, Zmarzlik, Hancock, Pedersen Holder C, etc etc

It's a fantasy to suggest that all Polish people love speedway, the vast majority have probably never heard of it. It's only in certain parts of the country, mainly the big cities, that it is popular. How many Poles attend British speedway, very few i reckon.

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It's a fantasy to suggest that all Polish people love speedway, the vast majority have probably never heard of it. It's only in certain parts of the country, mainly the big cities, that it is popular. How many Poles attend British speedway, very few i reckon.

Sadly the lack of Polish spectators is probably more to do with lack of publicity rather than lack of interest. That probably goes for potential spectators of all nationalities.

The one track I visited this year regularly failed to have the right date of the next meeting on the sign outside the stadium!

41 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No so, according to Chris Harris.

Then he should contact the BSPA direct, the bond is there to cover any outstanding debts, is it not?

2 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Then he should contact the BSPA direct, the bond is there to cover any outstanding debts, is it not?

Not if the debts far exceed the bond.

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If a Liverpool fan lived in Sydney and an English footballer played for Sydney Utd he might not attend,  but if Sydney Utd played Liverpool in the league then I bet he would go.

And anyway how about English fans flocking to see the worlds stars,  afterall haven't we been told that if we can lure them back to England the sport would flourish.