British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Not if the debts far exceed the bond.

I understood that even in thr NL the bond was around £30,000 so even if Harris was on £2,000 per meeting Rye House did not ride that many matches.

cityrebel as you seem to know Harris, can you confirm did he get some money? and did he approach the BSPA?. All riders should be paid fullstop

Just now, Rayleigh said:

I understood that even in thr NL the bond was around £30,000 so even if Harris was on £2,000 per meeting Rye House did not ride that many matches.

cityrebel as you seem to know Harris, can you confirm did he get some money? and did he approach the BSPA?. All riders should be paid fullstop

I don't know him, I'm just going by an interview he gave last month. He said the money owed hit him hard financially. I've heard plenty of rumours from people in the know, regarding riders being out of pocket. A public forum is not the place for such matters to be discussed. Harris went public with his grievances, that's why i mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

What a great suggestion.

How about Rye House entering the Polish league, I would guess the Polish would love to have access to all the polish people in England, afterall there has been mutterings about a European League for some years. What could the BSPA do, ban Woffinden, Dudek, Zmarzlik, Hancock, Pedersen Holder C, etc etc

Yes if they race on an ACU licence because they cannot race for another Federation without start permission form their own governing body under FIM rules.

There is lots of misinformation on various threads at the moment where posters are looking at a short term loopholes, this really isn't the basis for taking the job forward it's not practical or ethical and whilst it may serve the needs of a minority it sure ain't gonna fix the sport. After all it's short termism that got the sport where it is now.

I am a bit confused what the bond is for? Is it to protect the riders? The stadium owners? Tuners who haven't been paid? Or does it protect the remaining promoters? 

28 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I don't know him, I'm just going by an interview he gave last month. He said the money owed hit him hard financially. I've heard plenty of rumours from people in the know, regarding riders being out of pocket. A public forum is not the place for such matters to be discussed. Harris went public with his grievances, that's why i mentioned it.

Im confused, you say a public forum in the place and then you say Harris went public. I do not expect Harris to state his earnings or how much he is owed, but my question was has he approached the BSPA regarding payment from the bond.

1 minute ago, Ray Stadia said:

I am a bit confused what the bond is for? Is it to protect the riders? The stadium owners? Tuners who haven't been paid? Or does it protect the remaining promoters? 

In house debts; riders wages at BSPA rate, SCB fees, BSPA fees, loan fees, insurance, monies owed to other clubs, fines that's about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

In house debts; riders wages at BSPA rate, SCB fees, BSPA fees, loan fees, insurance, monies owed to other clubs, fines that's about it.

I wouldn`t be surprised if riders wages come at the end of that list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Im confused, you say a public forum in the place and then you say Harris went public. I do not expect Harris to state his earnings or how much he is owed, but my question was has he approached the BSPA regarding payment from the bond.

Harris stated in an interview he was owed for nine meetings by the Rye House promotion. That interview is in the public domain. That is why i mentioned it. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Harris stated in an interview he was owed for nine meetings by the Rye House promotion. That interview is in the public domain. That is why i mentioned it. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

I wonder why he allowed what he was owed to run as long as 9 meetings? I think I would have smelt a rat!

3 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I wonder why he allowed what he was owed to run as long as 9 meetings? I think I would have smelt a rat!

I think a lot of riders are used to it. The crowds are so low at a lot of tracks, cash flow must be a common problem.

13 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

last chance to answer my question "has he approached the BSPA" yes or no? and his statement was some time ago, is he still owed money yes or no?. If you cant answer these questions why are you making your point

2 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

If and that's a big IF there is money outstanding to any riders then just take it out of the bond (it is suggested a bond is well into 5 figures).So we can all presume there is no money outstanding now!!

£50’000 bond apparently and no money has been paid yet either by BMR or the bspa to any of the riders 

An interesting paragraph in the programme introduction to today's Firecracker XXVII;

"So what next? Well, Arena Essex is not likely to be built over due to the very reason why it was deemed suitable to have a racing circuit built on it in the first place*. That much hasn't changed. There may be racing here in the future, but Promotasport will probably not be involved. The only thing I can say about that is to watch this space!"

* A reference earlier in the article to it being built on gravel pits.

A few people turned up today.

imagex.jpg.734a507e081cbd9385991e69a2ac6f8a.jpg

• Like 1