British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

last chance to answer my question "has he approached the BSPA" yes or no? and his statement was some time ago, is he still owed money yes or no?. If you cant answer these questions why are you making your point

Go read his october interview and find out for yourself. 

24 minutes ago, bigred said:

£50’000 bond apparently and no money has been paid yet either by BMR or the bspa to any of the riders 

Hallelujah!

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

An interesting paragraph in the programme introduction to today's Firecracker XXVII;

"So what next? Well, Arena Essex is not likely to be built over due to the very reason why it was deemed suitable to have a racing circuit built on it in the first place*. That much hasn't changed. There may be racing here in the future, but Promotasport will probably not be involved. The only thing I can say about that is to watch this space!"

* A reference earlier in the article to it being built on gravel pits.

A few people turned up today.

imagex.jpg.734a507e081cbd9385991e69a2ac6f8a.jpg

So what is going on? All very odd. 

1 minute ago, Ray Stadia said:

So what is going on? All very odd. 

Why would developers buy a site that was totally unsuitable to be built on. All very strange. Perhaps they are playing the long game.

40 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I wonder why he allowed what he was owed to run as long as 9 meetings? I think I would have smelt a rat!

No choice

Even where a captain notes each meeting that riders pay is not up to date it will take a time to get it sorted

If a rider refuses to ride as he has not been paid what happens?

Does he get backed? No 

Instead he gets backed into a corner and threatened with a 28 day ban

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No choice

Even where a captain notes each meeting that riders pay is not up to date it will take a time to get it sorted

If a rider refuses to ride as he has not been paid what happens?

Does he get backed? No 

Instead he gets backed into a corner and threatened with a 28 day ban

Well a 28 day ban would have saved him equipment and travelling costs. Maybe there is more to it. Maybe the riders are paid part of what they are owed each meeting, to at least cover some of their costs. Someone mentioned cash flow, but stadiums receive cash at the turnstiles, so it should be money in from the fans, out to the riders virtually immediately. Now, if we are saying the money taken at the gate is not enough to pay the riders their money, where does the money come from? From the owners/promoters pocket, sponsorship? 

The 28 ban would extend to both leagues though Ray

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Go read his october interview and find out for yourself. 

No answer then

9 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Well a 28 day ban would have saved him equipment and travelling costs. Maybe there is more to it. Maybe the riders are paid part of what they are owed each meeting, to at least cover some of their costs. Someone mentioned cash flow, but stadiums receive cash at the turnstiles, so it should be money in from the fans, out to the riders virtually immediately. Now, if we are saying the money taken at the gate is not enough to pay the riders their money, where does the money come from? From the owners/promoters pocket, sponsorship? 

Rye House were forced from their traditional saturday nights to the graveyard wednesdays. Add this to the reduction in TV money, it's not hard to see how they ran into difficulties.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

No answer then

Are you employed by BMR, you seem to defend everything they do. Ranging from stadium facilities to rider payments. Go and ask them if the riders have been paid.

14 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Are you employed by BMR, you seem to defend everything they do. Ranging from stadium facilities to rider payments. Go and ask them if the riders have been paid.

I think he is just being pig-headed. Bigred`s post sounds  right to me. Rye House were thrown out of the league for mounting debts- Harris would not be chasing them- he`s got no chance of getting anything from them- of course he and presumably other riders that are owed have  been in touch with the BSPA to find out what`s going on !!!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think he is just being pig-headed. Bigred`s post sounds  right to me. Rye House were thrown out of the league for mounting debts- Harris would not be chasing them- he`s got no chance of getting anything from them- of course he and presumably other riders that are owed have  been in touch with the BSPA to find out what`s going on !!!!

No Im not employed or contacted to BMR and I have criticized BMR many times, see its not that hard to answer a question.

If Harris is owed money under a contract then he should go through the small claims court in an attempt to recover what is due and failing that go for a winding up order. It is all speculation and any court would probably overturn a ban where sums due had not been paid thereby constituting a breach of contract. The insolvency act covers this point of being unable to pay debts when due. If the company is trading insolvently and directors allow it to continue, they may then become personally liable.

On the subject of Rye House and Lakeside as tracks not teams, it would seem that Rye House is the best option for continuation of the sport at whatever level. Lakeside as a track appears to be history. The Lakeside licence is on ice. Who would take that on with the options currently available. Rye House has a track and I suspect it meets current requirements otherwise why would the last few Lakeside fixtures  have been allowed to have gone ahead so a glimpse of hope re compliance.

Between a rock and a hard place for a team and venue but the sad thing is that the sport really cannot afford to lose two tracks in the South East. 

Still hope Lakeside can ride next season somewhere.

If Jon Cook is off to Eastbourne and the "backer" Stuart Douglas has withdrawn from speedway why was Jon Cook so bullish in the Speedway Star about a deal has been made for Lakeside to run at Rye House next season? Is it that another promotor is lined up for Lakeside? as from many accounts the BSPA kicked out BMR not BMR going bust (so its a stretch to think they will allow BMR back as promotors).

Still cant fathom, if Rye House were behind on payments to riders (still not proven how much) many other clubs have admitted the same yet were never thrown out. It seems punitive given the state of the sport and many tracks.

2 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Still hope Lakeside can ride next season somewhere.

If Jon Cook is off to Eastbourne and the "backer" Stuart Douglas has withdrawn from speedway why was Jon Cook so bullish in the Speedway Star about a deal has been made for Lakeside to run at Rye House next season? Is it that another promotor is lined up for Lakeside? as from many accounts the BSPA kicked out BMR not BMR going bust (so its a stretch to think they will allow BMR back as promotors).

Still cant fathom, if Rye House were behind on payments to riders (still not proven how much) many other clubs have admitted the same yet were never thrown out. It seems punitive given the state of the sport and many tracks.

I think BMR upset the old boys club. When you do that, there is only one winner.

• Like 2