British Speedway Forum

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, mikebv said:

If this happens would Lakeside have to change their name to Seaside?:rolleyes:

Moving a Speedway team out of its area of emotional attachment simply doesn't work..

Crowds are not large enough in the first place to do what for example MK Dons managed as they had the football windfall cash to fall back on if crowds were poor..

If you are only getting 500 or so 'loyal local followers' then moving it several tens of miles away can only reduce that meagre crowd level further. And won't get many of the locals from the new base to attend as its not 'their team'..

I would suggest the only way to make it work for the promoters is to take over at another track and change names...

Sad to see, but just one track of several more to go over the next few years I would say..

British Speedway reaping what it has sowed for far, far too long..

I didn't word my earlier post very well. What I meant was Jon Cook returning to Eastbourne and applying for them to join the Championship. Now that Stuart has stepped aside from Lakeside this may happen. In the meantime Lakeside's licence has been put on ice unless someone comes forward by the 12th November.

Edited by tocha

16 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

That's a bad bad sign him going.

No financial backer, No Promotor, No Track.:(

For Cook to have plans at Eastbourne, these must have happened since Monday, I think not. Rye House were just used to complete the season.

So sorry for the loyal fans.

I hope Cook does go and promote another club, certain people have wanted Cook gone for years, so now if you get your wish let’s see who steps forward and takes over our club afterall there must be loads of people wanting to do it who can do a better job. 

He could end up back at Eastbourne. The likes of Brennan and Wood need to progress, staying in the NL is just treading water.

Who is going to take over a club with no viable home..Would you even if you were rich enough to do it..unlikely i think..We just have to hope but time is short....

18 minutes ago, waco said:

Who is going to take over a club with no viable home..Would you even if you were rich enough to do it..unlikely i think..We just have to hope but time is short....

No one will which has always been the case but some people wanted him gone so looks like they will now get their wish, wonder where they will all go to watch their speedway now though? Just have to hope all these people queuing up to promote a speedway club step up and take over the hammers.

13 minutes ago, waco said:

It was rumoured that Oxford would have been a viable spot to resurrect the sport possibly using the Lakeside licence, however you are moving further out of London and another 70 to 90 miles further away from Rye and Arena Essex, I am setting myself up here however is this a possibility worth exploring or am I being Totally Ridiculous?

Regards
THJ

5 minutes ago, liam said:

No one will which has always been the case but some people wanted him gone so looks like they will now get their wish, wonder where they will all go to watch their speedway now though? Just have to hope all these people queuing up to promote a speedway club step up and take over the hammers.

its stuart that's going not jon at the moment

sad sad day looks like it well for a few years anyway

the only light at the end of the tunnel is stuart saying that Thurrock council are still on board

re the new track. maybe they should now come forward and state how viable it really is as

if fans are left hanging for years then they will move on to other clubs or other things.

I must admit I have let my heart rule my head regarding all this and tried to be positive for the club I love

but now sadly it looks like the fat lady is clearing her throat.

• Sad 1

This weeks Speedway Star has some very positive comments from Jon Cook regarding staying at Rye House.

Edited by ARENA SHRIMPER
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Just read the article from Stuart Douglas, one word comes to mind CLASSY

Except that he copied most of it from President Nixon's resignation speech, the word 'tacky' comes to mind.