2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Max Fricke

Josh Pickering

Dan Bewley

Rohan Tungate

Craig Cook

Dmitri Berge

Stefan Nielsen

Depends on the conversion from CL to PL, but I think that is under 42.5.

Pickering would be a fantastic addition - easily capable of giving the sort of entertainment provided by Bewley & Tungate.

tungate is a liability away very poor !!!

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lidsey, Kemp and Bickley that's 3 weak links.

I agree. I think one of those would be ok, two maybe but not three.

Bjerre was excellent in 2017 but was poor with Leicester this year and not as impressive when he raced at the NSS. Zagar is inconsistent. I would much rather keep Cook, he was back to his best just before his injury, Fricke and Bewley and then see what the combined average total is and the league format before thinking about the rest.

If Belle Vue can return to Friday nights then including Max Fricke seems unlikely as he is riding in the Swedish and Polish top league and a reserve for GPs so could be forced to miss a few meetings which is hard to cover with a guest or RR.

If it's one league your probably looking at a team strength of Bewley, Worrall, Cook, Etheridge, Bickley, Berge and another five point second string if it's a regular Friday. 

If you can avoid clashes then Fricke, Bewley, Cook, Etheridge and Berge and see what's left for the last two. One league then Bickley and Jack Smith. 

With respect, I struggle to see what good - for the rider and the team - having Kyle Bickley in a Premiership team would be. 

He has failed to reach his 2 point Championship starting average and really needs to substantially exceed that before moving up. 

I’m not knocking him in any way - in my view, he arrived with too much hype and needs to gain more experience, and points, before thinking about moving up. The bravest thing for him to do would be to say no to the top league until he has become a Championship top scorer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Choosing the reserves will obvious depend on the league set up.

If it's a PL level I agree that it would be a step too far, at the moment, for Kyle Bickley, unless there is some sort of stipulation that you have to have a British NL rider. You need one strong reserve and another who can at least pick up about 4 at home and the odd point away. If it's CL level Kyle could be considered, he was showing progress at Workington but the stronger reserve would be the priority and then assess the position.

Edited by Aces51

21 hours ago, geoff58 said:

tungate is a liability away very poor !!!

Id agree. I think he will find it hard to find spot next year on a 7.70.

As Premiership looks doomed with only a handful wishing to stay on board the sinking ship, it looks like a Championship level league of 18 clubs and a CL limit at 42.5 should be about right with the amount of NL riders required. 

If it is one league, the tracks coming in from the Premiership would be cutting back but as doubling up will be out the window, some riders will be moving on at most tracks. Glasgow I think will want Cook to lead them and think Tungate may be moved out.

Now lies the question, which averages do they use. Dan Bewley for example had a PL average of 7.23 which converted is 9.23 but he has a CL average of just 6.79 which is obviously lower than his real ability possibly due to bonus points not being included in a tight team. 

Dan Bewley, Steve Worrall, Jye Etheridge, Kyle Bickley (protected number seven NL reserve) and maybe Max Fricke as their number one should form the backbone of a decent team. 

• Like 1

If it is "Championship level" then the initial team averages have to be set to 55.00.

This allowing for the likes of Robert Lambert to have his average converted, from PL 9.31 to CL 12.10 at x1.3.

Any rider that competed in both Premiership and Championship will have their Premiership average converted, multiplied by 1.3.

This would make a rider like Rory Schlein 10.40 instead of his Championship average of 8.59

Will give the league a more level playing field and allow the likes of Chris Holder, Jason Doyle, Robert Lambert, Niels K Iversen etc to still be employed if they are willing and affordable to the club's paying the wages.

Fix the race night's as Monday, Thursday and Friday. If clubs can't commit to these days then they can only compete at National League level.

You lot make me laugh ,Lindley whoever he is to much of a chance Bickley not ready yet Tongate not good away and dodgy at home same with Berge ,Cook i think will go to Glasgow.Fricke a nailed on number one,Worrel might stay at Scunny if one league Bewley dont know if he will be fitt for start of season.Lingren would be my target then biuld round him and Fricke.

4 hours ago, speedy bill said:

You lot make me laugh ,Lindley whoever he is to much of a chance Bickley not ready yet Tongate not good away and dodgy at home same with Berge ,Cook i think will go to Glasgow.Fricke a nailed on number one,Worrel might stay at Scunny if one league Bewley dont know if he will be fitt for start of season.Lingren would be my target then biuld round him and Fricke.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere then lindgren isn't bothered about UK anymore. Which is a shame. He would be great at belle vue 

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

What a load of tosh!!!

Explain??

A number of Championship clubs don't want one league with FRNS as they can only run on their designated day. Also if the 'top' riders are attracted to those clubs that can afford them what chance do the other clubs have in a one league scenario? They would not be competitive. (As already stated by the likes of Newcastle etc.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A number of Championship clubs don't want one league with FRNS as they can only run on their designated day. Also if the 'top' riders are attracted to those clubs that can afford them what chance do the other clubs have in a one league scenario? They would not be competitive. (As already stated by the likes of Newcastle etc.)

If there's 1 big league there is a small problem that explodes into a large problem. Robert Lambert wants to continue in British Speedway so in 1 league do we ban him or allow him?!?

The obvious is we allow him as it would be illegal in employment law, but in doing that we have to allow all other rider's as Robert finish 2nd in the averages with 9.31.

I'd prefer to remain with 2 divisions but they are looking at 1 big league. Those wanting 1 big league don't realise the implications of doing so, legally.

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'm sure I've seen somewhere then lindgren isn't bothered about UK anymore. Which is a shame. He would be great at belle vue 

I’ve not seen anything from Lindgren confirming this, other than a fan saying that’s what he told them.

If Freddie was to come back it would be with Wolves anyway, never shown an interest to want away from his only British club.

would be great to have Freddie back racing in the UK tho.