British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

48 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve not seen anything from Lindgren confirming this, other than a fan saying that’s what he told them.

If Freddie was to come back it would be with Wolves anyway, never shown an interest to want away from his only British club.

would be great to have Freddie back racing in the UK tho.

It wasn't just a fan though. It was his mechanic on facebook 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

It wasn't just a fan though. It was his mechanic on facebook 

That wasn’t the one was referring to but that puts a different slant on it then.

I think one big league  with a max two riders over eight points ave , if a track cant afford to run then drop down to National League,riders  in top league with average under four allowed to ride National league  hey me and Phol the Ace  thinking same for once about Lingren well done fellow

On 5 November 2018 at 9:21 AM, Skidder1 said:

A number of Championship clubs don't want one league with FRNS as they can only run on their designated day. 

If it's one league at Championship level there wouldn't be fixed race nights. Tracks having riders that compete in the top leagues in Poland and Sweden would just have to try and miss clashes of fixtures from Thursday to Sunday.

Some may have one or two riders in Sweden, but not many of the newly listed squads in Poland hardly feature riders that ride here any way. There is off the top of my head only Doyle, Iversen, Holder (Torun), Lambert (Lublin), Fricke (Wroclaw) and Kurtz (Leszno) that feature in the Polish Extraliga so hopefully if they return they can sort out to miss any clashes. 

However at at a Championship level there wouldn't be many clashes with Poland and just certain ones in Sweden but these might be avoidable in most cases. 

8 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

If it's one league at Championship level there wouldn't be fixed race nights. Tracks having riders that compete in the top leagues in Poland and Sweden would just have to try and miss clashes of fixtures from Thursday to Sunday.

Some may have one or two riders in Sweden, but not many of the newly listed squads in Poland hardly feature riders that ride here any way. There is off the top of my head only Doyle, Iversen, Holder (Torun), Lambert (Lublin), Fricke (Wroclaw) and Kurtz (Leszno) that feature in the Polish Extraliga so hopefully if they return they can sort out to miss any clashes. 

However at at a Championship level there wouldn't be many clashes with Poland and just certain ones in Sweden but these might be avoidable in most cases. 

Any club at Championship level that runs at weekends would have to avoid signing any rider who competes in any of the Polish divisions.  By definition any of the 'richer' clubs riding Mon/Weds can afford to sign stronger teams which will make the one league concept uncompetitive for some. Clubs that lose regularly also lose fans!

• Like 1

Can only see a 3 tier set up still being in place now

There may well be something akin to an episode of the old kids show Runaround at he AGM though.....

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, geoff58 said:

,tungate is a liability away very poor !!!

Tungate - based upon Premiership matches last season - actually averaged over 6 away from home  (not including bonus points), two rubbish performances at King's Lynn putting a major dent in that figure.

Could be better for a third heat leader, but most certainly not 'very poor' or a 'liability'.

He's a big scorer at the NSS and, what's more, is hugely entertaining. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Tungate - based upon Premiership matches last season - actually averaged over 6 away from home  (not including bonus points), two rubbish performances at King's Lynn putting a major dent in that figure.

Could be better for a third heat leader, but most certainly not 'very poor' or a 'liability'.

He also finished with the seventh best average in the premiership he's no mug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

only scored 4pts at home in semi -final when we needed him to step up for cook & bewley need for a change I'm afraid 

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

only scored 4pts at home in semi -final when we needed him to step up for cook & bewley need for a change I'm afraid 

I wouldn't judge any rider on one performance. I am amazed at the number of times I see fans claiming we should sign or drop a rider based on one good or bad performance at the NSS. Over the season Tungate did a good job for us and as Halifax Tiger said, provided some brilliant entertainment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I wouldn't judge any rider on one performance. I am amazed at the number of times I see fans claiming we should sign or drop a rider based on one good or bad performance at the NSS. Over the season Tungate did a good job for us and as Halifax Tiger said, provided some brilliant entertainment.

True if Tungate cannot be fitted into the team next year we will miss out on some breath taking speedway the guy is awesome round the NSS one thing is for sure whoever he signs for will be a lot harder to beat round the NSS with him in the team.Plus any team needing a guest he will be their first choice and could cause us some real damage over a season.If he can be fitted into the team we would be mad to let him go sadly for him and us he had to good a season this year and his average is a little high for team building for next year.Lets hope they keep a fairly high points limit so we can keep him.

14 hours ago, Aces51 said:

more than one occasion we are going stale standing still we need fresh blood otherwise we won't win nothing !! if he stay's we will be saying the same thing this time next season !!

20 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I wouldn't judge any rider on one performance. 

Daft, isn't it ? 

We also get some bemoaning how teams are split up so there is no continuity for the fans and others desiring wholesale sackings :blink:

11 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

True if Tungate cannot be fitted into the team next year we will miss out on some breath taking speedway the guy is awesome round the NSS one thing is for sure whoever he signs for will be a lot harder to beat round the NSS with him in the team.Plus any team needing a guest he will be their first choice and could cause us some real damage over a season.If he can be fitted into the team we would be mad to let him go sadly for him and us he had to good a season this year and his average is a little high for team building for next year.Lets hope they keep a fairly high points limit so we can keep him.

The team I stated earlier - Fricke, Bewley, Tungate, Pickering, Cook, Nielsen, Berge - would (I think) fit under the existing points limit.

There is continuity in the team and potential for scoring improvement within that continuity. To be fair, Tungate isn't likely to go up much but I would retain him anyway.

The 'new blood' is Nielsen and Pickering. Nielsen has the potential to make mincemeat of his average and Pickering would be absolutely sensational at the NSS. 

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

more than one occasion we are going stale standing still we need fresh blood otherwise we won't win nothing !! if he stay's we will be saying the same thing this time next season !!

Promoters can't win, what happened to the 'we want continuity' shout from the fans. If Belle Vue hadn't had terrible luck with injuries they may have won the league in 2018 imo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1