Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

The final GSA have no doubt thrown a spanner into most people team planning ?

Dan Bewley  7.05 .... 7.31

Steve Worrall  6.00....6.32 

Kenny Bjerre looks a bargain on 7.02 ?

Just now, WestGorton1884 said:

The final GSA have no doubt thrown a spanner into most people team planning ?

Dan Bewley  7.05 .... 7.31

Steve Worrall  6.00....6.32 

Kenny Bjerre looks a bargain on 7.02 ?

I will be amazed if Kenny is not a Panther in 2019 ...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

I will be amazed if Kenny is not a Panther in 2019 ...

Depends on whether his asset owned club want him first. For those who think riders can insist on riding where they want I would point you to the Holder 2018 situation where Ford said he could be purchased for £25 k as he was not interested or prepared to loan him out as Poole wanted him that season. They could do similar with Bjerre who's a Ford Asset unless of course they don't want him for 2019 in which case he can ride where he want's to.

Pls look at the latest Bournmouth Echo Speedway interview with Matt Ford on the subject of Clubs Riders Asset's, just released last day or two,

38 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Depends on whether his asset owned club want him first. For those who think riders can insist on riding where they want I would point you to the Holder 2018 situation where Ford said he could be purchased for £25 k as he was not interested or prepared to loan him out as Poole wanted him that season. They could do similar with Bjerre who's a Ford Asset unless of course they don't want him for 2019 in which case he can ride where he want's to.

Pls look at the latest Bournmouth Echo Speedway interview with Matt Ford on the subject of Clubs Riders Asset's, just released last day or two,

Can I just point out that a few seasons ago Swindon wanted to use Adrian Medzienski but he decided to go to Poole.  Swindon said he was only available if purchased and not loaned and arbitration decided he could be loaned.  So the precedence has been set!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Can I just point out that a few seasons ago Swindon wanted to use Adrian Medzienski but he decided to go to Poole.  Swindon said he was only available if purchased and not loaned and arbitration decided he could be loaned.  So the precedence has been set!

As I said read the report although it was an interview.

If that be the case how comes that Chris Holder who openly said he wanted to ride with young Jack at Somerset in 2018 was not allowed to unless Somerset paid for his full transfer. Matt Ford was not prepared to loan him out as he wanted him for Poole and he was their asset. Therefore Chris had to agree to ride for Poole or he would not have had a UK Team.

I don't profess to be an expert on such things BUT if Matt Ford gives an interview near enough confirming that situation on a clubs rider assets, why would he be willing to go into print on it. You could argue the same for riders such as NKI/Charles Wright etc but I doubt he will want either meaning they a re free to sign for who they want in those circumstances.

Of course the flip side is that IF he did want Morris (and we are jokingly commenting on it although wish it was the case) then it could be a hell of a job getting Swindon to allow it even if Morris wanted to ride for Poole. Assuming he is a Swindon asset. Similar if Swindon want Doyle back if he is their asset then surely they get first choice.

8 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Dan Bewley would be a risk on a 7.31 taking his recent injuries into consideration. 

Nuh. This guy is arguably the next big thing we have to offer the World of Speedway after Lambert, so no way he won't be signed even if it takes a while for him to get back to full fitness.

May take a while but even his POL Club jumped to make sure he is with them for 2019. Diamonds like this do not come along that often.

• Like 2

1/  M Fricke  8.20

2/ C Wright  5.27

3/ D Bewley  7.31

4/ S Worrall  6.32

5/ C Cook   7.73

6/ D Berge  4.00

7/ S Neilsen 3.67

42.50         ?

5 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

1/  M Fricke  8.20

2/ C Wright  5.27

3/ D Bewley  7.31

4/ S Worrall  6.32

5/ C Cook   7.73

6/ D Berge  4.00

7/ S Neilsen 3.67

42.50         ?

Lindsey sounds nailed on. So what ever average he comes in on will have to be taken into account. 

Sounds like Holder won’t ride U.K. But why not BV if he does. Him and Fricke both coming from Andorra. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Lindsey sounds nailed on. So what ever average he comes in on will have to be taken into account. 

Sounds like Holder won’t ride U.K. But why not BV if he does. Him and Fricke both coming from Andorra. 

I'll be honest , I'd never heard of Lidsey before last week .... 

I've read somewhere , he'll come in on 4.00 ?  

I'd love to see Holder at the NSS 

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

It’s hard to judge to him because he has only really had a year. Sounds like you have him though. 

Well the champ is 4 for riders who haven’t ridden in Europe before and 5 for those who have. I’ve heard it’s a 0.75 conversion.

so could be 3.75 or 4. Your guess is as good as mine.

I think it’s a no go because well the Uk seems a no go. But I think for the UK Chris Holder anywhere is good. 

• Like 1

In Dan Bewley's case, can you sign up a rider who may be still injured at the start or the 2019 season, and then claim R/R or a guest facility for him, if he is not yet fit enough to ride.

If he cannot ride, as someone has pointed out to fit him back into the team would mean probably your third heat leader would have to be dropped.

7 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

He rode NSS briefly last year as Australian U21 reserve in SON Semi Final.

Riding in Poland & Sweden

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodenspoon said:

In Dan Bewley's case, can you sign up a rider who may be still injured at the start or the 2019 season, and then claim R/R or a guest facility for him, if he is not yet fit enough to ride.

If he cannot ride, as someone has pointed out to fit him back into the team would mean probably your third heat leader would have to be dropped.

I guess they would look for a temporary injury replacement who would be dropped once Dan was fit.

There are usually a few Swedish/Danish based riders who might fancy some early season fixtures before continental leagues get going. ( Poole used Kildemand to replace Chris Holder on this basis last season, but it all fell apart when Holder couldn't sort out his work permit)

On 11/17/2018 at 3:15 AM, ZagarRacing said:

You can rule out Berge, in talks with Swindon apparently on the recommendation of Bellego. 

Total rubbish nothing to do with Bellego,Berge on a certain average and in the right team spot would look attractive to any team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Total rubbish nothing to do with Bellego,Berge on a certain average and in the right team spot would look attractive to any team.

Quite possible that Berge would prefer to join a side including David but yeah it's quite clear to see Dmitri would be a no brainer especially away with his gating ability .....possibly on a converted average of 3 something