Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

52 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think kyle and Charles have reached there peak no disrespect to either rider

Thing is Ray you need stable second strings not everyone can improve.That is what i hate about the average points limit continuity has now gone out the window  you sometimes change riders and you are no better off.At Swindon over the years  Hitch, Keen, Munday (RIP) Bouchard ect were no super stars but were loved by the fans and did there job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Thing is Ray you need stable second strings not everyone can improve.That is what i hate about the average points limit continuity has now gone out the window  you sometimes change riders and you are no better off.At Swindon over the years  Hitch, Keen, Munday (RIP) Bouchard ect were no super stars but were loved by the fans and did there job.

quite agree sid some riders are where they are but still just as important as your no 1 rider 

Just now, ray c said:

quite agree sid some riders are where they are but still just as important as your no 1 rider 

The Pirates had the likes of May, Gooddy, Middlo, (ect) who were great team men very important to any team.Just thinking Ray the Poole 1969 championship side did not look a flashy team but they odviously were a very good team who all pulled together.

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nonsense, their averages are also low for the same reason. There's no 5-6 pointer out there that will score 5 or 6 week in week out.

Some weeks they'll get 3 the next 8.

The only rider's that will show real consistency are your 9 point plus rider's.

Between Charles Wright and Kyle Newman there's no contest on potential improvement. Wright can do a job as a 2nd string / 3rd heatleader, Newman only delivers as a reserve. 

But there is a 5-6 pointer that can improve his average which could be said of Howarth, MPT, Jacobsen or Becker. What I would expect from a reliable 5 pointer is a 6 point average at home and a 4 point average away not 8 at home and 3 away.

this is suppose to be a BELLE VUE THREAD :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

But there is a 5-6 pointer that can improve his average which could be said of Howarth, MPT, Jacobsen or Becker. What I would expect from a reliable 5 pointer is a 6 point average at home and a 4 point average away not 8 at home and 3 away.

So Charles Wright is your man then.

Last season 

Somerset: 6.44 H - 4.85 A

Leicester: 6.33 H - 4.64 A

Your perfect candidate Foreverblue :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

So Charles Wright is your man then.

Last season 

Somerset: 6.44 H - 4.85 A

Leicester: 6.33 H - 4.64 A

Your perfect candidate Foreverblue :t:

More importantly achieved that average riding in the 3rd heatleader position all year, none of that was achieved with a spell at reserve unlike many

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ray c said:

I think kyle and Charles have reached there peak no disrespect to either rider

Charles Wright is a value for your money rider - especially on a good race track - i.e. Belle Vue! I would think he would be a brilliant signing for 2019.

• Like 1

I would rather see Josh Auty at N S S  BETTER AVERAGE THAN BOTH WRIGHT AND HOWARTH and flyes round Belle Vue  a rider who will give you 100% every time he is on track .Championship average  Auty 8.90 Wright 8.86   Garrity 8.31  Howarth 7.97  but all home grown riders .Not Aussies so might not stand a chance.But as far as i know all live about 20 min from track Stalybridge.H0WARTH BACK AT wOLVES

Edited by speedy bill
extra news Howarth back at Wolves
  • Haha 2

Might not be another who ppl thought was a dead cert aswell. 

Sad to see rohan go. Average wise he rode himself out of a team place. But I'm gutted aswell. Sooooo good at home 

• Like 1

Sad to read that Tungate has been released, though it was always likely to happen on that average. 

Really entertaining round the NSS, his pairing with Bewley in particular was dynamite & a joy to watch. If you had a top 10 list of races round there in 2018, he'd certainly feature in a few of those. The speed he could generate off that 4th bend was amazing & that move he'd pull shocked a fair few opponents for sure!

Wish Rohan well & hope he gets a club soon. 

• Like 1

Worrying news for other clubs knowing that Tungate might be signing for them.

great value at the NSS tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Think Belle Vue will regret letting Tungate go. Home form is crucial and Tungate is dynamite around the NSS.

Sad to see him go , but don't think they had much choice on that average , 

2 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Sad to see him go , but don't think they had much choice on that average , 

De ja vue a la Jacobs

• Like 2