British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If any rider was loyal to his team it was Cook, unbelievable that they would let him go.

Wasn't Holder loyal  to Poole when Ford didn't want him on that high average, and he rode for Lynn, then they wanted him back the next season on a 7. something :blink:

Find it hard to believe he heard it from a third party rather than the management, where did the so called third party get the information from be interesting to hear the management version.

Very disappointed that Craig apparently won't be in the team. He has always given 100% and been loyal and to many supporters is a vital part of the club.  However, I will wait for it to be confirmed and to see if there are reasons given before deciding what I think about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DBP said:

Find it hard to believe he heard it from a third party rather than the management, where did the so called third party get the information from be interesting to hear the management version.

So you're calling him a liar?

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wasn't Holder loyal  to Poole when Ford didn't want him on that high average, and he rode for Lynn, then they wanted him back the next season on a 7. something :blink:

Yeah but Holders a bell

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

When you consider the crippling financial issues caused by being forced to run on the graveyard monday night, and that Cook was the highest paid rider, it isnt that much of a surprise that he is moving on. He would have had to take a pay cut to stay whereas he will probably be offered a pay rise at his new team.

Another mid table team looks on the cards which, to be fair, is more than good enough to qualify for the league cup.

I think that with the following he has personally this could backfire on BV with reduced gates.

• Like 2

Loyalty? I don't think I ever saw him ride for BV at Coventry because he was always riding for somebody else!

15 minutes ago, foamfence said:

So you're calling him a liar?

No, I said I found it difficult to believe he heard it from a third party and will wait for managements version.

54 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I think that with the following he has personally this could backfire on BV with reduced gates.

If you were talking of riders such as Mauger, or Crump you might have had a point, you are having a laugh if you think cook adds to the gate, 

If he's pricing himself out then its time for him to go, the management have a budget and have to stick to it.

Edited by DBP
  • Like 3

The team needed changing, we had become the nearly team, not quite good enough. management sometimes have to for various reasons make choices, and I will fully support the team that they select for 2019. Belle Vue could be accused of being too loyal to riders, when changes were needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woodenspoon said:

The team needed changing, we had become the nearly team, not quite good enough. management sometimes have to for various reasons make choices, and I will fully support the team that they select for 2019. Belle Vue could be accused of being too loyal to riders, when changes were needed.

Agree.

The narrative on social media will be that he was shat on. I think the reality is he was potentially asking for too much coin.

This rumour has been moving for a few weeks now so he knew something was in the pipeline.

As has been said, costs will be cut and if Craig is wanting more then it was never going to end well. He ain’t getting his gp money now so needs to make it up.

He won’t be cheap, so Peterborough will have to fork out.

• Like 1