British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

41 minutes ago, acef said:

The narrative on social media will be that he was shat on. I think the reality is he was potentially asking for too much coin.

This rumour has been moving for a few weeks now so he knew something was in the pipeline.

As has been said, costs will be cut and if Craig is wanting more then it was never going to end well. He ain’t getting his gp money now so needs to make it up.

He won’t be cheap, so Peterborough will have to fork out.

Maybe Cook is finding a problem after a failed GP series and part season in POL where he also failed to impress.

Don't have all the info but has he failed to find a spot in both SWE/POL with any team ?? - Also no income from SGP this time.

Also with his Champ GSA is he outside the scope for most if not all the Champ sides at a GSA of 10.45 because 1) His wage demands may be too high and 2) With the new Champ team limit being reduced from 42.50 to 38 to partly discourage big hitting Prem riders doubling up and to encourage more of the young NL riders into Champ teams to fit the new limit.

Perhaps he was factoring all this loss of income into his new salary/deal request. If he only rides Prem then for sure he will be poorer in 2019 one would expect, unless big hitting sponsor pays him plenty.

Nobody really knows why Craig as been omitted from BV , high wage demands are just speculation,

what I will say is that after 8 years at Belle Vue , CC was everything you’d want from a Speedway rider ... loyal , committed, gave 100% every meeting , 

i certainly wish him the best wherever he ends up 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe Cook is finding a problem after a failed GP series and part season in POL where he also failed to impress.

Don't have all the info but has he failed to find a spot in both SWE/POL with any team ?? - Also no income from SGP this time.

Also with his Champ GSA is he outside the scope for most if not all the Champ sides at a GSA of 10.45 because 1) His wage demands may be too high and 2) With the new Champ team limit being reduced from 42.50 to 38 to partly discourage big hitting Prem riders doubling up and to encourage more of the young NL riders into Champ teams to fit the new limit.

Perhaps he was factoring all this loss of income into his new salary/deal request. If he only rides Prem then for sure he will be poorer in 2019 one would expect, unless big hitting sponsor pays him plenty.

Seems hard to imagine but a rider who featured in the GP's last year could fail to land a team spot anywhere but its entirely feasible. Goes to show that everyone has a budget and its about time some riders realised this. I have neutral feelings towards Craig so its not personal but his failings to progress outside the UK are starting to bite him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Nobody really knows why Craig as been omitted from BV , high wage demands are just speculation,

what I will say is that after 8 years at Belle Vue , CC was everything you’d want from a Speedway rider ... loyal , committed, gave 100% every meeting , 

i certainly wish him the best wherever he ends up 

Remember in previous years in play off meetings against Poole. He had BV blood running through his veins and was totally commited. He was gutted more than anyone when they just missed out winning. If I had been a BV supporter I could not have wished for a more commited rider. Full of raw emotion for BV to do well. It  was not just another European Club for him as part of global track riding around Europe.

In some ways I kind of hated the guy, but maybe it was part envy as that's the kind of commitment and sense of elation/grief I want to see from more riders when they are trying their best for the team and are GENUINELY gutted when they lose out. For many of the top riders its almost a sense of just another meeting and off to POL/SWE/DK tomorrow so doesn't mean too much. Maybe also being British he has also felt a real connection to the team over the years he has been with BV.

• Like 4

CC....Further to my earlier tweet & to respond to some messages - for the record I did not want to leave BV & would have happily celebrated my testimonial there. I wasn’t talking to ANYONE about a move. I have now had to move to secure my future but it was never part of my 2019 plan

6 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Belle Vue are stuffed. Cook and Tungate gone that's 18-20 points per a home meeting gone by letting those two go. 

how do you work that out do you really think they let both riders go without names on the team sheet ?

What difference does it make? They've removed the one good rule they implemented, that of getting less points if you win your home matches by less than 6, therefore it doesn't matter if they only win by 2 every week if they're improved away from home.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Belle Vue are stuffed. Cook and Tungate gone that's 18-20 points per a home meeting gone by letting those two go. 

Its only December !!!,   bit early to say we're 'stuffed' 

Who knows who'll be replacing Tungate and Cook ?.... Maybe they have the replacements already in place ?

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Remember in previous years in play off meetings against Poole. He had BV blood running through his veins and was totally commited. He was gutted more than anyone when they just missed out winning. If I had been a BV supporter I could not have wished for a more commited rider. Full of raw emotion for BV to do well. It  was not just another European Club for him as part of global track riding around Europe.

In some ways I kind of hated the guy, but maybe it was part envy as that's the kind of commitment and sense of elation/grief I want to see from more riders when they are trying their best for the team and are GENUINELY gutted when they lose out. For many of the top riders its almost a sense of just another meeting and off to POL/SWE/DK tomorrow so doesn't mean too much. Maybe also being British he has also felt a real connection to the team over the years he has been with BV.

Great post , absolutely spot on :t:

It is what it is, looking forward  to a few new names. Would like to see Bjerre back and one of the Holders.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

My personal opinion Cook & Tungate are match winners around the NSS and it will be very hard for the replacements to score as well as they did.

Its all about opinions .... My personal opinion is saying Belle Vue are stuffed in early December is way to premature 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DBP said:

It is what it is, looking forward  to a few new names. Would like to see Bjerre back and one of the Holders.

Would you not just be having Fricke, Stevie and Bewley as your heatleaders..?

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would you not just be having Fricke, Stevie and Bewley as your heatleaders..?

Worrall struggled last season after breaking his leg  he is not heat leader standard in my opinion and no-one knows how Bewley will be returning after serious injury

so I would like to see Bjerre and one of the holders as replacement for Cook and Tungate  just my opinion I'm sure some will agree with me and some wont. Just looking forward to the first meeting with whoever represents the aces.

• Like 1

It would appear that way but a massive risk having 2 starting heat leaders coming back from horrible injuries. We don’t even know if Dan will be fit for start of season??

Should make for an interesting 'supporters evening' at the NSS next Thursday...................

https://bellevue-speedway.com/