British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

The Aces had the highest aggregate averages total in 2017 and need to lose the best part of 3 points to get under the 42.5 team building limit. It is obvious that we had to lose one of the top four or have a very weak second string and reserves. I think that explains the unfortunate loss of Tungate. The loss of Cook could be to bring in someone on a slightly lower average, like Bjerre, who was superb in 2017, to give us a better chance of building a more strength in depth team.

Whether that is the right way to go or whether there were other reasons for not including Craig we shall have to wait and see. In my book his loyalty and commitment is worth a lot and weighs heavy in the scales when considering letting him go but if it was a question of asking for more than the club can afford then the financial stability of the club has to come first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheOpinion said:

Gutted about Craig, and pretty disappointed with how the club seem to have handled it.

I wonder if something like the above is more likely now?

Or perhaps if Worrall is back then just 1 of Bjerre or Holder along with a higher avg 2nd string than J. Allen.

Or maybe something no one is expecting? Chris Holder? Zagar?

I just hope this decision has been made because ML is building a title winning team and he’s wiping the slate clean, instead of a cost cutting measure.

Cost cutting measure I'm afraid 

Time to move on, Cook has been a good servant to the club but all this talk of loyalty is a joke.

He has been loyal while the Aces paid him what he asked for, now that the club offer what they can afford he obviously rejected it that's why he is not in the aces plans for 2019.

If he can get a better offer elsewhere then good for him but the grass is not always greener elsewhere as many riders have found out.

He says he didn't want to leave but obviously he did not except the offer or else he would be lining up for us next season.

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Very very poor decision from Belle Vue in my opinion. Craig is a rider who pulls fans in by his 100% commitment to the club. He is Belle Vue through and through. Most other riders just fly in do there bit and fly out. He does much much more than just ride for the club. Fans events promoting the club that Craig. Very surprised maybe Lemon wants more Aussies in the team next year.

That's my desire to visit Belle Vue gone. No Cook no Dan no thanks see you again sometime.

1 Aussie in team. That's it. 

Gutted about Craig, and pretty disappointed with how the club seem to have handled it.

Or perhaps if Worrall is back then just 1 of Bjerre or Holder along with a higher avg 2nd string than J. Allen.

I just hope this decision has been made because ML is building a title winning team and he’s wiping the slate clean, instead of a cost cutting measure.

Please not Zagar he just takes the piss

12 minutes ago, DBP said:

Time to move on, Cook has been a good servant to the club but all this talk of loyalty is a joke.

He has been loyal while the Aces paid him what he asked for, now that the club offer what they can afford he obviously rejected it that's why he is not in the aces plans for 2019.

If he can get a better offer elsewhere then good for him but the grass is not always greener elsewhere as many riders have found out.

He says he didn't want to leave but obviously he did not except the offer or else he would be lining up for us next season.

That appraisal is very very wrong. 

• Like 1

Dont know who Phil the Aces is but he seems to know what is going on .One Aussie must be Fricke, just hope the rest are not johnny foreigner, who have no time to mix with fans having to fly in and out straight after meetings. I bumped into Josh Auty in Tesco's Stalybridge  last week he lives in Stalybridge now ,about twenty minute drive to N S S ,he is not fixed up yet in the Premiership would jump at the chance of riding for Aces,he flys round the place and would be a good signing for us .But he is not a Aussie so i dont think he will get a chance.Never relay spoke to him before and spent ten minutes sorting out speedway,he cames across as a relay nice bloke.

3 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Dont know who Phil the Aces is but he seems to know what is going on .

Not been on the forum long then ? 

• Haha 1

Sorry forgot about lidsey. 2 aussies

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sorry forgot about lidsey. 2 aussies

Youre not gonna come back in 2 minutes and say oh sorry xxx its 3 are you Phil!? :P:)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Youre not gonna come back in 2 minutes and say oh sorry xxx its 3 are you Phil!? :P:)

I better check. :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

I better check. :)

No deffo 2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Aces top 5 by any chance? Bewley must be ready for the start of 2019 cant imagine Belle Vue building a team that doesn't contain Bewley, Cook & Tungate.

1. Max Fricke 8.20

2. Jaimon Lidsey 4.00 or 5.00

3. Dan Bewley 7.12

4. Steve Worrall 6.16

5. Matej Zagar 7.48

If they can't afford Cook how can they afford Zagar.