British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't care where he goes as long as it's not Poole.

Yeah , I'd hate to see him there also 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

The Leicester meetings  he was suffering from exhaustion,  if memory serves ???

It was a little more  than "tired" anyway 

Ok.  How about...   Got pisse  'tired and emotional' in Poland, missed the Sunday flight, had to fly in early Monday morning and arrived feeling hungov  dehydrated.

That better?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The Aces had the highest aggregate averages total in 2017 and need to lose the best part of 3 points to get under the 42.5 team building limit. It is obvious that we had to lose one of the top four or have a very weak second string and reserves. I think that explains the unfortunate loss of Tungate. The loss of Cook could be to bring in someone on a slightly lower average, like Bjerre, who was superb in 2017, to give us a better chance of building a more strength in depth team.

Whether that is the right way to go or whether there were other reasons for not including Craig we shall have to wait and see. In my book his loyalty and commitment is worth a lot and weighs heavy in the scales when considering letting him go but if it was a question of asking for more than the club can afford then the financial stability of the club has to come first.

As is often the case, I think you are absolutely right here although I put a team out that would have included all of the top four and would have been strong enough at the bottom :

Fricke, Bewley, Tungate, Pickering, Cook, Nielsen, Berge. I think that fits.

If it is a question of Cook wanting more than the club were prepared to pay as disappointed as I am to see him go I think they have undoubtedly made the right decision.  Riders pay simply cannot be off the table when the matter of balancing the books comes in (although last night I heard some stories about rider pay, signing on fees and extras for 2019 that left me in total disbelief).

It will be very interesting to see who is in line for a team place. 

6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Ok.  How about...   Got pisse  'tired and emotional' in Poland, missed the Sunday flight, had to fly in early Monday morning and arrived feeling hungov  dehydrated.

That better?

Ok ..... Cook gave 100% commitment to the Aces 99.9% of the time he was there ...

is that better? 

7 hours ago, poolebolton said:

No worries, he isn't coming. 

Great news :t:

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Cook is going to have to do a lot of travelling as he has signed for Glasgow.

He lives in Cumbria.   It's not much more than 100 miles to Glasgow.  And since he rode for them last season, the travelling to Glasgow doesn't seem to be a problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

He lives in Cumbria.   It's not much more than 100 miles to Glasgow.  And since he rode for them last season, the travelling to Glasgow doesn't seem to be a problem.

I was meaning he will have to do a lot more travelling now he isn't riding for Belle Vue and the distance between his British clubs is going to be a lot more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I was meaning he will have to do a lot more travelling now he isn't riding for Belle Vue and the distance between his British clubs is going to be a lot more.

that's what a speedway riders life is 

He will notice a change having ridden for two comparitively local tracks. Now if Newcastle were to go up, ideal for him, or the Comets, better still, but unlikely.

With Tungate and now Cook being left out of next years plans, they have clearly lined up replacements already as you wouldnt release two of your three heat leaders without getting deals sorted for new riders. Tungate I can understand as he can be brilliant at times, especially at home but away has had a few inconsistent outings and not the scores you need from a rider close to an eight point average. As for CC been up and down and in the last two seasons has gone missing a few times, so maybe enough is enough for the management and they look to rebuild with fresh faces.

In Max Fricke and Dan Bewley they have two good strong and young assets to build with and maybe Steve Worrall as part of the backbone of the club. so where do they go now ? Maybe Richie Worrall on a modest 5.5 average can join Steve as second strings but who is going to be a big hitter. Robert Lambert wold be a great signing but unlikely and would they go back for mid 30,s riders like Zagar or Bjerre ? or building a more balanced team to give more at reserve.

Only as an example, a team like Fricke 8.20, Bewley 7.13, SWorrall 6.16, Wells 5.77, RWorrall 5.66, Garrity 5.35 and Etheridge 4.15 may not appear to be much but Workington and Poole both won titles with solid line ups and its probably more cost effective. Josh Grajczonek, Richard Lawson etc maybe

6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

135 miles, around 3 hours.

Will Dan be fit enough to start the season?

Edited by topaz325

32 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

135 miles, around 3 hours.

Don't think anyone would sign him if he went that slow!  :D

Your average speedway rider would get from Glasgow to Manchester in not much more than 3 hours, never mind Glasgow to Workington.