British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

Cook replies....

More

Just read the statement from @TheAces management and I totally refute everything within it. I have texts & phone records that I will happily share. IF I was told on the 19th then I would have quickly acted. I was still playing tele tennis up until the end of the month. (Cont..)

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So the statement said he was initially left out of the team plans? But this 3rd party just confirmed it was definite before the club did? 

It said they spoken to him on November 19 to inform him he wasn’t part of the team planning. The club then informed the BSPA so they could put him on the availability list. Now that’s a bold statement, which is why I believe it. Every club could verify that statement as either true or false, so if it was false, then it’s a bit risky putting it out in the public domain.

I had heard that he was on his way, and there were whispers on here in fact at the back end of November too. I’m pretty certain Craig would have had some inclination.

Rohan Tungate posted his update on the 29th, so he was clearly told fair and square. 

Why would they treat Craig any different?

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Cook replies....

More

Just read the statement from @TheAces management and I totally refute everything within it. I have texts & phone records that I will happily share. IF I was told on the 19th then I would have quickly acted. I was still playing tele tennis up until the end of the month. (Cont..)

So he’s basically just acknowledged that something was going on, by playing ‘table tennis’ up until the end of the month.

Swings and roundabouts this. Wish both parties the best for 2019

One things certain. Cook has burnt his bridges with BV and will never return.

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

All the people who were slating Belle Vue yesterday can now see who the unprofessional person was.

Can’t understand why the Aces aren’t standing by a rider who has bleed Aces blood for his team.

Much more to this than meets the eye, especially since Cook has now refuted the statement by Belle Vue.

Dont think there has been a more loyal servant to the Aces than Cook in recent years, sometimes loyalty really means little.

Be interesting to see who the Aces are planning on using next season then now. Fricke looks nailed on. Just wonder if Bewley is going to be fit to start the year .

• Like 2

Whatever the rights and wrongs , its such  a shame  Cookies 8 yrs as a BV rider as ended this way

• Like 5

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

(Can’t understand why the Aces aren’t standing by a rider who has bleed Aces blood for his team.

Much more to this than meets the eye, especially since Cook has now refuted the statement by Belle Vue.

Dont think there has been a more loyal servant to the Aces than Cook in recent years, sometimes loyalty really means little.

Be interesting to see who the Aces are planning on using next season then now. Fricke looks nailed on. Just wonder if Bewley is going to be fit to start the year .

Loyalty cuts both ways.  Belle Vue stood by Cook as well. 

From many posts, it seems that this was a matter of terms. As much as I would have wanted him to stay with the Aces, if he was asking for more than they were prepared to pay I totally agree with the decision to show him the door. Its about time other promotions had a sense of financial responsibility - we have seen Glasgow banging on about continual 6 figure losses but word is that they are again throwing serious money about to get who they want for this season.

Its anything but the first time we have had a situation where a rider says one thing about his departure, the club says another and I suspect we'll never know the truth of the matter(Acef's point above, however, is a very fair one). It has all the appearance of a childish slanging match but if someone was being untruthful about me I'd almost certainly respond.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Club and Rider part company.   What’s the big deal.  Belle Vue employ another person. Cook gets another job.  It happens everyday.

Nothing to see here, move along 

Edited by semion

Also dont forget Cook wasn't actually an Aces rider. They rented him every season from Edinburgh.

So he knew every season that he had to negotiate a new contract and wasn't guaranteed a team place.

Edited by DBP

Is Jack Holder definitely going back to Poole ? . 

If  not , thats one option to replace  Cook  

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Is Jack Holder definitely going back to Poole ? . 

If  not , thats one option to replace  Cook  

I would think so. I’d love him at bv though. On that type of track he’s such an aggressive rider. Was really impressed with his visits last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBP said:

Also dont forget Cook wasn't actually an Aces rider. They rented him every season from Edinburgh.

So he knew every season that he had to negotiate a new contract and wasn't guaranteed a team place.

THEY didn't have to. Been banging this drum for decades. Assets are illegal. Cook didn't have a valid contract with Edinburgh so could do as he pleased. If BV paid Edinburgh money then more fool them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading that statement again, I think another part of the wording is key. The club said he was informed he was out of ‘initial’ team plans. That would suggest they had potentially left the door open but I’m absolutely certain Craig would have had some sort of inclination. 

It it sounds like sour grapes to me and both parties could share some blame here. He shouldn’t be running his mouth on social media. Keep it in house, if your going to say something in public then do it like Tungate did. He’s now completely burnt his bridges and that is just silly. An 8 year relationship should never end that way.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THEY didn't have to. Been banging this drum for decades. Assets are illegal. Cook didn't have a valid contract with Edinburgh so could do as he pleased. If BV paid Edinburgh money then more fool them.

Thanks for that,your knowledge is well respected. Out of curiosity, why do some clubs have so many attached riders if they can't get a loan fee.

If  indeed Jack Holder is Poole bound, then the Aces seem to be running out of suitable replacements fast ! 

Unless theres some GP star lined up already ?

Zagar ?

Woofy ?    ( :D  )