British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

11 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

If  indeed Jack Holder is Poole bound, then the Aces seem to be running out of suitable replacements fast ! 

Unless theres some GP star lined up already ?

Zagar ?

Woofy ?    ( :D  )

I would think you are going for a more strength in depth look like Poole are. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

If  indeed Jack Holder is Poole bound, then the Aces seem to be running out of suitable replacements fast ! 

Unless theres some GP star lined up already ?

Zagar ?

Woofy ?    ( :D  )

Chris Holder? 

• Like 1

There will be no GP rider replacing cook

The replacement all depends on 1 of our riders confirmed average which the bspa are taking there time with. 

If he's the lower figure then a good dependable rider will replace. 

If he's the higher figure then the team will be strength in depth with Very good reserves when Only 1 heat leader

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

There will be no GP rider replacing cook

The replacement all depends on 1 of our riders confirmed average which the bspa are taking there time with. 

If he's the lower figure then a good dependable rider will replace. 

If he's the higher figure then the team will be strength in depth with Very good reserves when Only 1 heat leader

Would that Lidsey and whether his Polish experience last year means he is higher than a 'newbie' 4?

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would that Lidsey and whether his Polish experience last year means he is higher than a 'newbie' 4?

He did 1 match in extra liga which may make him higher. Don't see why it should myself personally 

6 minutes ago, DBP said:

Could still be one of the Holders.

James is favourite  :o

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He did 1 match in extra liga which may make him higher. Don't see why it should myself personally 

It would seem rather harsh for just 1 meeting. Didnt realise it was just 1 rather than a run of meetings

Public fall out's do the rider and club no good     Both should keep quiet and move on.   No point washing your dirty stuff in public.

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It would seem rather harsh for just 1 meeting. Didnt realise it was just 1 rather than a run of meetings

He rode the whole season for rawiczs or however u spell it. But they are in 3rd division

Bjerre will do me on that low average as he’s capable of being the No1 given his exceptional form round the NSS 2 years ago.

Just hope he isn’t Peterborough bound.

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He rode the whole season for rawiczs or however u spell it. But they are in 3rd division

So it will come down to which leagues are included that mean a higher starting assessment

9 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Loyalty cuts both ways.  Belle Vue stood by Cook as well. 

From many posts, it seems that this was a matter of terms. As much as I would have wanted him to stay with the Aces, if he was asking for more than they were prepared to pay I totally agree with the decision to show him the door. Its about time other promotions had a sense of financial responsibility - we have seen Glasgow banging on about continual 6 figure losses but word is that they are again throwing serious money about to get who they want for this season.

Its anything but the first time we have had a situation where a rider says one thing about his departure, the club says another and I suspect we'll never know the truth of the matter(Acef's point above, however, is a very fair one). It has all the appearance of a childish slanging match but if someone was being untruthful about me I'd almost certainly respond.

Good point. In truth we are all just guessing it’s all down to ‘money’. However both parties have retaliated with twit for tat statements. Both look very unprofessional.