British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

39 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

A lot would depend on Bjerre , but they both look weak compared with other line ups ,

Hard to call at the moment with only Wolves and Swindon taking any sort of shape. Maybe someone like NKI will be heading your way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

I take no Aces fan fancies a return for Jye Etheridge, did a reasonable job last season before being harshly dropped IMO.

Jye was good at home but dreadful away from home... similar to his berwick performances if you care to look.

The decision was hard but it was the right one......................................he is a nice bloke but needs to improve his awat performances

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

According to Phil The Ace if I'm not mistaken it's looking like one of the following

1. Max Fricke 8.20

2. Dan Bewley 7.12

3. Kenneth Bjerre 7.02

4. Steve Worrall 6.16

5. Jaimon Lidsey 4.00 or 5.00

6. Dimitri Berge 4.00

6.00 or 5.00 remaining

or

1. Max Fricke 8.20

2. Dan Bewley 7.12

3. Steve Worrall 6.16

4. Jaimon Lidsey 4.00 or 5.00

5. Dimitri Berge 4.00

13.02 or 12.02

stick Auty in at seven in first team  must win at home 

2 hours ago, screm said:

I take no Aces fan fancies a return for Jye Etheridge, did a reasonable job last season before being harshly dropped IMO.

Great at home, poor away so dropped with the hope that M Riss would score better away. He didn’t so in hindsight the wrong decision.

However it was the right thing to do by the Aces management who were entering the play offs in decent form and needed better contribution away from home. Injury ruined any chances they might have had but that’s a different story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Think an American might be in there first!!!!!!! 

No decent American about Auty will do well at home and score good points most places,think British

Would have been better to go championship most of the team already there, would definitely have saved them money, would have got better race nights and crowds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

No decent American about Auty will do well at home and score good points most places,think British

Yes but Wells is better.

• Like 2

Don't worry about the Wooden spoon. I think that was what Kings Lynn were awarded at the start of 2018.    anyway no team has been anounced  yet so you might be even stronger     their are still a lot top riders not sighed on yet.

Edited by John Scrutton
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

Think Dan will be named but then it’ll be a temp replacement til he is fit to ride, whenever that may be??

As ya say, if he comes back and struggles like Worrall did this year, it’s essential we get Bjerre as to have Dan & Worrall at heat leaders coming off 2 horrendous injuries would be too much of an ask.

I would have thought Worrall had shown enough at the back of last season for that not to be (too much of) a worry. Championship berth sorted as well. And I hope and suspect he’ll be well into the groove by the time Bewley arrives if, as apparently seems likely at least according to the Workington thread, he does miss the start. But fingers crossed in any event.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Truth of the matter is. If lidsey is a 4 then bjerre is in. If he's a 5. Then we will go strength in depth with good reserves and bewley and Worrall as HL

So we all need to pray that lidsey is a 4

How good is Lidsey. For Belle vue to be prepared to leave out Bjerre for a rider with potential and run with only 2 heat leaders I m o  is madness.With the added worry of what form Bewley and Worrall will be in next season after their bad injurys this year.If this is the case and we leave out both Cook and Tungate for 2 second strings it could be a long season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

How good is Lidsey. For Belle vue to be prepared to leave out Bjerre for a rider with potential and run with only 2 heat leaders I m o  is madness.With the added worry of what form Bewley and Worrall will be in next season after their bad injurys this year.If this is the case and we leave out both Cook and Tungate for 2 second strings it could be a long season.

He's a good promisingyoung rider. Is he worth missing out on bjerre. Probably not. 

Both teams are a risk with bewley in. But personally I'll go for bjerre whatever to back up fricke and hope and pray that bewley is back sooner than we think and doesn't have any lasting affect on his confidence. 

Happy days 

So drop Cook and sign Bjerre. Is that a step forward or backwards ?

Have to have some good middle order riders in to stand any chance of being up there.